Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,985 members, 7,866,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Do I Maneuver This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Maneuver This? (388 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Maneuver This? by Fatbam005: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2023
I just moved to another apartment with the help of someone I knew back in school. He lived in the same house. It's a three-flat in a compound. However, he afforded me the opportunity of not paying any agent fee as I met with the landlord directly. I was grateful as I visited the supermarket to get him various stuff costing around 25k, which I believe is more mature than cash. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, he asked me to lend him some cash he promised to pay back two days later, but till now, he did not even talk about it, not to speak of paying. He gave me an envelope last week for their church program to put money inside. Now, he has been asking for the envelope, still expecting cash inside. Right now, I cannot afford to spare any money. Mature minds, how does one maneuver this still considering the fact he has not paid what he borrowed
Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by 1TrippleCee: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2023
You better run before you are killed ultimately. This is why many people refuse help. It leads to entrapment

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by lilvicky68(m): 11:44am On Dec 17, 2023
Put 200naira inside and give to him.
Or tell him to use the money you borrowed him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by Semental1: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
What stops you from telling him you are running low on funds and are waiting for some money from some people? By this he might understand that you need the money you gave him if he is sensible. What about saying no or is there more to this?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by Stevenbright(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
Don't put anything in it. He is not even a godly person, so forget about that envelope thing.

Tell him you don't have money, things are down and you are even expecting him to pay the money he is owing you as it will help you weather the storm at this point.

Note that he will likely not pay it but this will give you the perfect path to freedom as he now sees you as a source of money to always deplete. Never give him any money again. Always tell him you don't have.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by Nazgul: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
lilvicky68:
Put 200naira inside and give to him.
Or tell him to use the money you borrowed him
Dear op, take this advice.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by We4all: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Wawu! If you cannot ask him when he intends to pay back the money you lent him, then your relationship with him ain't healthy at all.
Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by TheWinterBird(f): 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2023
This guy has deemed you a mumu within proximity that he can milk dry. The 25k thank-you foodstuff you got him is probably how his user behavior towards began because he must think you've money to be dishing out via that gesture. That, or he wants to continue using the little assistance [you not paying an agent fee] he offered you in getting the apartment — to his advantage — despite the thank-you foodstuff gift you got him [which should've been more than enough to balance that little assistance he rendered], not to mention the money you loaned him that he will obviously not pay back that he's yet to pay back.

What you should do: Speak up and tell him you don't have any money and that he shouldn't be asking you to contribute money to any church program when he's yet to pay back the money he's owing you [that he said he'll pay back but hasn't and most likely won't]. He may even use that so-called church program money for himself because he's clearly a dishonest, money-hungry somebody who can't be trusted. In any case, it's best you start looking for another place. Next time, be careful who you accept help from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by fineboynl(m): 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2023
Put like 500.

How much did he borrowed from you?
Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by Foodqueen(f): 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Some people and entitlement mentality
Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by Kingrshd3: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
Fatbam005:
I just moved to another apartment with the help of someone I knew back in school. He lived in the same house. It's a three-flat in a compound. However, he afforded me the opportunity of not paying any agent fee as I met with the landlord directly. I was grateful as I visited the supermarket to get him various stuff costing around 25k, which I believe is more mature than cash. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, he asked me to lend him some cash he promised to pay back two days later, but till now, he did not even talk about it, not to speak of paying. He gave me an envelope last week for their church program to put money inside. Now, he has been asking for the envelope, still expecting cash inside. Right now, I cannot afford to spare any money. Mature minds, how does one maneuver this still considering the fact he has not paid what he borrowed

See eh. Some individual are so stupid that they can just take someone for granted all because u render help or being good to them..

He was doing all this because he believes u are rich and have enough fund so he is trying to suck you gradually until u will dry 😢..

That's why sometimes cheap things or offer are difficult to accept because u have fallen in d trap already.. 🤔

See ehn just tell him u are broke that d first money u use to buy something for him or d money u borrowed him was from d cash ur boss ask u to keep or deposit in the bank and d likes..

So in conclusion u don't have any money again and u are broke and wrecked 😢

Tell him all those things and I think even if u can't get the money back from him surely he won't come and ask u for financial stuffs again 😢😢😭

So sorry for dis trap u found urself 😢
Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by Nicepoker(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
Na wetin kill old Roger be this. The dude don plant apple tree for your head. He must pluck. grin
Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by pstemma1990: 5:57am On Dec 18, 2023
One of the things that makes u a man is the ability to say No without looking at anyone's face...

Since u collected the envelope, just put anything u are led to put.. Even if it's hundred naira...

And remind him about the money that he's owing u, tell him that u need it urgently...

He may not give u all at once, but he won't be bold enough to ask u next time (unless if he's shameless)

But trust me, he's countenance would change towards u, but no look Uche Face
Re: How Do I Maneuver This? by TheWinterBird(f): 5:59am On Dec 18, 2023
Don't put anything in the envelope. You're not his atm and not obligated to be giving him money at his requests.

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If You Are Dating An Ogbanje (water/marine Spirit) Girl Or Guy / How To Produce Sweet At The Comfort Of Your Home / Eliminate Fibroid And Other Venerable Diseases Without Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.