Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? (1062 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor / Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
This is an interesting question

Southwest is the capital of economic activity and center of migration of Nigeria so it’s not a surprise that others are beginning to adopt the culture of the Yorubas in dressing and language.

One major contributor is the Afro-beats that originated from the Yorubas and being dominated by Yorubas. All the way to Canada, Uk, US etc. you hear even foreigners singing in yoruba slangs.

Popular songs like Buga oo, Peru, Lonely at the top was played and loved in several countries across the world. You will see a foreigner singing “wan ni won wa mi…..”

What of the great Fela, king sunny Ade. They created an influence too.

What of the slangs, most slangs are born in Lagos. And travels through the rest of Nigeria, slangs like Idan, Japa or the new Japa-da

Movies too contribute to it, Yorubas being the giant in the nollywood industry. With soap operas like Super story, This life, Papa Ajasco, to current movies like king of boys, wedding party

The Yorubas in Brazil, and other South American countries too contribute. In case you don’t know, the greatest of all time, Michael Jackson was wearing a shirt in his hit song “They don’t really care about us”

And the words written on the shirt is a Yoruba word “Olodumare” written as “Olodum”

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yoruba lagba lojo kojo ni gba ku gba

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by kettykin: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
Subtly colonizing indeed, go and check when the Subtle colonization started in 2015 and how much the country has lost.the Lagos economy hemorrhage is the worst in the world, all the telcos, manufacturing, services companies are running on loans and making losses.the Naira is gone. The inflation rate is almost 30% , The unemployment rate at staggering 35% , companies are leaving or on their way out.

I drove from lekki to ikeja on Friday afternoon, I counted nothing less than 20 fully street mad people. Prostitution is the order of the day in lekki.

In summary, Nigeria is gone

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
kettykin:
Subtly colonizing indeed, go and check when the Subtle colonization started in 2015 and how much the country has lost.the Lagos economy hemorrhage is the worst in the world, all the telcos, manufacturing, services companies are running on loans and making losses.the Naira is gone. The inflation rate is almost 30% , The unemployment rate at staggering 35% , companies are leaving or on their way out.

I drove from lekki to ikeja on Friday afternoon, I counted nothing less than 20 fully street mad people. Prostitution is the order of the day in lekki.

What does this have to do with the topic

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
kettykin:

I’m not surprised

I can see your profile filled with hate, bitterness, bad news, frustration and depression.

Do you ever wish any good thing for yourself not to talk of others. Your wish is for things to go terrible and disintegrate. You are bad news, a cannibal, a frustrated hungry hunchback with nothing good.

You are so obsessed with Lagos, a Yoruba land and your own state is not your business. Please which state are you from? Don’t you have problems in your state to solve, oh I forgot your state is already like Dubai so you are helping us develop Lagos to be like yours.
Olodo aje moin moi tewe tewe

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by BrodaBenad: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
Same people that Fulani gave the name yariiiba?

Slave name dey talk of colonizing grin
Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by BloomingDale(f): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2023
Omoawoke:

What does this have to do with the topic

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by etrouble: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
kettykin:

If you stay in your cursed region, you will not even care about what goes on in Yoruba land, but since you all dropped out of Primary School and jumped into Mallam Audu's trailer carrying Cows from Bornu through Igboland to Lagos to come and sell Gala and La Casera inside Lagos hold-ups and sleep under Lagos bridges, you have all become mentally unstable and chronically hallucinating

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by kettykin: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
etrouble:

If you stay in your cursed region, you will not even care about what goes on in Yoruba land

Have you stayed in your hopelessly cursed region, are not your brainless brothers and sisters driving rickety carcasses in the name of taxis and selling deadly agbo concoctions killing young men with kidney failures all over Nigeria.

Do you know how many young men in their prime agbo has killed or how many families the fake taxi mechanics and drivers have sent out if the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
etrouble:

If you stay in your cursed region, you will not even care about what goes on in Yoruba land, but since you all dropped out of Primary School and jumped into Mallam Audu's trailer carrying Cows from Bornu through Igboland to Lagos to come and sell Gala and La Casera inside Lagos hold-ups and sleep under Lagos bridges, you have all become mentally unstable and chronically hallucinating

Funny thing is that the vagabond lives in Lagos, using Lagos facilities and benefiting from the economic prosperity. Yet same vagabond is after the fall of Lagos. I’ve never seen a self destructive elements like the ipob cannibals. Same way they destroy themselves and region claiming they are fighting Buhari.
Such smelly filthy unintelligent ragtag

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
kettykin:

Have you stayed in your hopelessly cursed region, are not your brainless brothers and sisters driving rickety carcasses in the name of taxis and selling deadly agbo concoctions killing young men with kidney failures all over Nigeria.

Do you know how many young men in their prime agbo has killed or how many families the fake taxi mechanics and drivers have sent out if the world

You are telling a Yoruba person to leave southwest region while you came all the way from the east, crossed the Niger and came to his region.
Are you sure you aren’t treating a mental sickness?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by kettykin: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
Omoawoke:

Funny thing is that the vagabond lives in Lagos, using Lagos facilities and benefiting from the economic prosperity. Yet same vagabond is after the fall of Lagos. I’ve never seen a self destructive elements like the ipob cannibals. Same way they destroy themselves and region claiming they are fighting Buhari.
Such smelly filthy unintelligent ragtag
Like most igbo men I have businesses in Abuja, Lagos, east and port Harcourt. I had a business meeting in Lagos , once Biafra is realized, my business with Lagos ends. Meanwhile your brothers are tailors all over the east, your sisters are selling agbo all-over the east, your brothers are driving carcasses in the name of taxi driving

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
kettykin:

Like most igbo men I have businesses in Abuja, Lagos, east and port Harcourt. I had a business meeting in Lagos , once Biafra is realized, my business with Lagos ends. Meanwhile your brothers are tailors all over the east, your sisters are selling agbo all-over the east, your brothers are driving carcasses in the name of taxi driving

You mean your gala business?

Please which state are you from? Are you so ashamed of your state you can’t mention it?
If your state means so much to you, you will be so worried about it and a Yoruba state won’t be your problem, check all your topics all centered around Lagos. Don’t you have a direction in life?
You this filthy immigrant.
Onye gala-billionaire .
Once they start to sell spare parts , they think they have arrived -and I blame illiteracy for this. I can bet you are a school dropout
Shameless mediocre

So much empty unnecessary ego.
Like most Igbo men, I have business in Abuja, oh , Lagos. So na other people no get business.. orisirisi oni yeye

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
kettykin:

When we were telling awoke Yoruba people about this shameless ipob cannibals, they thought we were joking. Now that you lost, you are now looking for the downfall of Lagos.
Lagos is what you wanted, Lagos has been entrying your eyes like every other covetous igbos like yourself. Put your mind off Lagos and go develop your own land

See the fool posting in 2017 about the possibility of igbo ruling same Lagos he is hating today. Shameless loser

You really think say na you wise pass. Yorubas will fold their hands and watch you grab Lagos just like that. You must be so daft

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by johannu(m): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yoruba would have gone far on their own. They're being held back in 'one' Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Christistruth03: 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yorubas are not interested in Colonizing anybody and the Culture respects even the smallest Ethnic Groups

Let everyone be themselves

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Raskimonojendor: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2023
Omoawoke:

I’m not surprised

I can see your profile filled with hate, bitterness, bad news, frustration and depression.

Do you ever wish any good thing for yourself not to talk of others. Your wish is for things to go terrible and disintegrate. You are bad news, a cannibal, a frustrated hungry hunchback with nothing good.

You are so obsessed with Lagos, a Yoruba land and your own state is not your business. Please which state are you from? Don’t you have problems in your state to solve, oh I forgot your state is already like Dubai so you are helping us develop Lagos to be like yours.
Olodo aje moin moi tewe tewe
He lives in Lagos and earns his living in Lagos, yet his topics are about how Lagos will go burst. That dude is evil.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Paystack: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Slaves of Fulani and Colonizing in same sentence?

grin

Go and reclaim Kwara state first 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by abdeefggh: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2023
My own is that everyone will be speaking yoruba soon( voluntarily)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

He lives in Lagos and earns his living in Lagos, yet his topics are about how Lagos will go burst. That dude is evil.

It’s pure evil to live in a place, feed there, benefit from there and yet wish evil on that place. That’s the height of evil and stupidity

5 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by hegelian: 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
Omoawoke:
This is an interesting question

Southwest is the capital of economic activity and center of migration of Nigeria so it’s not a surprise that others are beginning to adopt the culture of the Yorubas in dressing and language.

One major contributor is the Afro-beats that originated from the Yorubas and being dominated by Yorubas. All the way to Canada, Uk, US etc. you hear even foreigners singing in yoruba slangs.

Popular songs like Buga oo, Peru, Lonely at the top was played and loved in several countries across the world. You will see a foreigner singing “wan ni won wa mi…..”

What of the great Fela, king sunny Ade. They created an influence too.

What of the slangs, most slangs are born in Lagos. And travels through the rest of Nigeria, slangs like Idan, Japa or the new Japa-da

Movies too contribute to it, Yorubas being the giant in the nollywood industry. With soap operas like Super story, This life, Papa Ajasco, to current movies like king of boys, wedding party

The Yorubas in Brazil, and other South American countries too contribute. In case you don’t know, the greatest of all time, Michael Jackson was wearing a shirt in his hit song “They don’t really care about us”

And the words written on the shirt is a Yoruba word “Olodumare” written as “Olodum”

Abeg what do you stand to gain with all this dick measuring?? Why do u always want be happy seeing others sad!? Grow up bro new year is coming.. Yoruba this, igbo that, haisa this and still all of us are suffering the same fate of bad government, bad economy, bad security and several others.. Grow up rbo
Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
hegelian:

Abeg what do you stand to gain with all this dick measuring?? Why do u always want be happy seeing others sad!? Grow up bro new year is coming.. Yoruba this, igbo that, haisa this and still all of us are suffering the same fate of bad government, bad economy, bad security and several others.. Grow up rbo

When your people were creating threads as far back as 2015 attacking Yorubas, where were you?
So I shouldn’t be proud of my tribe again because I don’t want some people to be offended??

5 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by mightyhaze: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
Yes.. yorobba is colonising the world because MJ wore a slack shirt with olodum written on it... A word that might have other meanings in other languages

Inferior bum grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by rinzaugustine: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
Colonizing generational poverty for their beloved people as emilokan is doing now…not sure any sane person wants to be part of an Agbado colony of poor cowards

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by mightyhaze: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
hegelian:

others sad because an insecure illiterate is hallucinating?

Bruv
Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by OmoFiditi: 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2023
Who will de-colonize our yoruba land in Kwara off fulani?

1 Like

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Goodnewsforlife: 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2023
kettykin:

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Goodnewsforlife: 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2023
mightyhaze:
Yes.. yorobba is colonising the world because MJ wore a slack shirt with olodum written on it... A word that might have other meanings in other languages

Inferior bum grin
u igbos are pained losers

Accept your L in peace n move on

3 Likes

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by flokii: 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
It's called mental colonization.. get your identity out there with your native tongue and watch the world celebrate, emulate and imitate you.. Asake and co. are doing a good job promoting our language.

Yoruba is Afrobeats and Afrobeats is Yoruba.. know this and know peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Omoawoke: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
mightyhaze:

Inferior bum grin

Your brain may be leaking, go and check the meaning of olodum…. It is a shorten form of Olodumare

If you find a different meaning to it, bring it here
Re: Is Yoruba Subtly Colonizing? by Opeyemic01: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Yoruba lagba lojo kojo ni gba ku gba

I like you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

S'il Vous Plaît, Me Donner Quelque Conseil. / Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! / The Height Of Igbo Tribal Irresponsibilility By Mr.rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.