Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki (3222 Views)

Oshiomole Says Obaseki Behind Siege To His Home / Darkness Can’t Overcome Light, Says Obaseki’s Wife / Governor Ugwuanyi, A Reference Point In Our Success Story, Says NDLEA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Aisosa25: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
Edo now a reference point for education reforms in Africa says Obaseki

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said his government has transformed the State’s education sector using the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) Programme, repositioning the State as a reference point for education reforms in Africa.

Obaseki said this while giving his closing remark at the festival of nine lessons and carols with the theme, “Transforming lives, the blessings of Christmas,” organized by Edo State Ministry of Education, at Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin City.

Obaseki said his administration will be leaving behind a strong educational system to cater to the educational needs of all categories of students.

He said, “I am happy watching these children perform this afternoon at the nine lessons and carols. Seven years ago when we resumed as a government, we didn’t have this but I am happy we are leaving this behind. We are leaving behind an education system that has come to stay and caters for all, particularly children of the ordinary man and woman of Edo State.

“What you have witnessed here today is the hard work and dedication of some people who have worked with me to turn around the education system in Edo State.

“Edo is now the reference point in Africa for education reforms and this is due to the hard work of the Commissioner and her team. They have put in enormous work over the last several years. This will be my last outing with you as an ecosystem to celebrate Christmas but I want to assure our students that what we have started will be difficult for it not to continue and be sustained, due to what we have put on ground.”

The governor called on Edo people and other stakeholders in the education sector to rise and defend what his administration has done to ensure quality education for Edo children, adding, “We believe that Edo people will not fold their hands, including all other stakeholders and allowed things to go bad the way it used to be.

“This is Christmas and a time for merriment; where families and friends come together to exchange gifts, a time for building and strengthening our Communities. No matter how challenging and difficult things may be, this is a passing phase as all these children we are training and giving skills to, in a few years’ time will be the ones who have changed things in Nigeria. They will produce more goods and services, make us care less about importation and foreign exchange, and make us less import-dependent.

“I need to do one more thing before I leave; this will be the last time that you will be hosted outside in the scorching sun. Before I leave, I must make sure I build a facility that will accommodate at least 10,000 persons. It will be a dome, a multipurpose dome and even if I will not be governor next year, the event and carol of nine lessons will be hosted in a more convenient place.”

Others at the occasion include the Secretary to Edo State Government, Osarodion Ogie, Esq.; Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Blessing Agbebaku; religious and traditional leaders; children from various schools in Edo State; market women; civil society groups, and other top government functionaries, among others.

PHOTO CAPTION

L-R: Edo State Commissioner of Education, Dr. Joan Osa Oviawe; Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, and Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Blessing Agbebaku, at the festival of nine lessons and carols with the theme, “Transforming lives, the blessings of Christmas,” organized by Edo State Ministry of Education, at Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin City.

https://www.godwinobaseki.com/News/edo-now-a-reference-point-for-education-reforms-in-africa-says-obaseki

1 Share

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Jostoman: 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
Obaseki the Peoples governor.

1 Like

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Lovemeharder(f): 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nice one sir.
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Righthussle: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
Which Edo? No be the "Aye vs Eiye" Edo you dey talk about?

Edo is a reference point for cultism and cult related killings in Africa

20 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Ballmer: 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
The joke is on this fool

16 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Kenedos(m): 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2023
Absolutely true.Edo State has set a standard for other States and countries to emulate.E -learning has exposed Edo children to simplified method of learning as it is in the western world.God bless Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki ✅

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Godfullsam(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
Edo to the world.
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Tjra: 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
Sponsored Post

15 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by mannobi(m): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2023
This olodo thinks he is fooling people. A complete failure in all front is talking about world reference. May we not have another scam rule Edo again. Obaseki na complete error

17 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by DatNaijaGuy: 7:33am On Dec 18, 2023
God bless Obaseki.
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by justicenms1: 7:35am On Dec 18, 2023
I remember supporting this guy's during his feud with osho thinking he was going to be better, now I know better grin

17 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Khastro(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2023
A reference point in AFRICA?
One of the reasons i dislike many politicians is their terrible appetite for lies

17 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Realtalk20: 7:36am On Dec 18, 2023
Ride on sir ...
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by GreatOchuks: 7:36am On Dec 18, 2023
Oga Oba , we all supported you against Oshiomhole just as we are supporting SIM against Wike because South South no be Lagos , we don't condone Godfatherism and oppression.

But abeg try go develop your State and fix the roads ,, if possible, meet Oshiomhole to lecture you on how to fix and construct roads .

13 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by babaRUNtinz(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2023
Governor wa
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by kerry57: 7:37am On Dec 18, 2023
Drowning Nigga

2 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by AbuTwins: 7:38am On Dec 18, 2023
Edo?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by hakym619(m): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2023
angry

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by HRMK: 7:41am On Dec 18, 2023
LIZARD JUMPING DOWN FROM FENCE AND PRAISING ITSELF!

6 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by bigdammyj: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2023
Okay.
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2023
Welcome development
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by money121(m): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by datola: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2023
Clown of a governor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Briteiyobo1(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2023
There are no teachers in secondary schools in Ẹdo state. You single handedly killed tertiary institutions in Edo Eg college of education Ekiadolor, College of Agriculture Iguorhiakhi, Ekpoma, etc. This Obaseki is the worst Governor Ẹdo ever had.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2023
Which Edo is this one talking about?

The one with only 3 teachers including the school principal in a whole secondary school in town?

No library no good classrooms for students to learn

Zero science laboratory in nearly all secondary schools outside Benin city? Habana...

May Thunderbolt roar through Osadebe House soon..

16 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Emma1Oj(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2023
Righthussle:
Which Edo?
The Best State in Nigeria you know.

Their ladies are educated, cheerful and meeky and beautiful Angels to behold. Their Men are hospitable and lovely.
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Justiceleague1: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2023
Ballmer:
The joke is on this fool
You are always bitter and full of frustration
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by payaseriy: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Babathanks(m): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2023
Which Edo 😂
Edo that There state university increases there school fees to 200k. WIC make many edolite to drop out. My sister that is in faculty of medicine there, her school fees was increase from 130k to 350k. She told me many of there class mate drop out. Edo have the worstest road in Nigeria and many more ooo

6 Likes

Re: Edo Now A Reference Point For Education Reforms In Africa Says Obaseki by Tobihabeeb: 7:59am On Dec 18, 2023
If not for NYSC may be Edo state will not have teachers. Most government schools have less than 3 teachers.

Aisosa25:
Edo now a reference point for education reforms in Africa says Obaseki

https://www.godwinobaseki.com/News/edo-now-a-reference-point-for-education-reforms-in-africa-says-obaseki

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Lazy (intellectual) African Scum! / What Is The Difference Between Panel & Committee / You Kidding Me!!!! Rabiu Musa Head To Head With GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.