Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers (16318 Views)

Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. / EFCC Quizzes Kwara Govt, State Assembly Officials Over Suspicious Payments / JUST IN: Lagos Lawmakers Move To Impeach Gov Akinwunmi Ambode - TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Nicelydone1: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2023
Nijagogetsense:
Stupid elements...

You can not eat you cake and still have it...
I swear

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Tobihabeeb: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2023
The house members can apply to serve in abj

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by LegallyBlunt: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2023
asobo1:
Gbam.

This is the right time at PDP national to pay Wike back. If you guys like, fall your hands again.

Exactly! You understand the game.

If Atiku and the other party leaders no rise up do Wike shege eh. I'll know they're never a serious bunch.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by asiwaju60: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2023
Nah people from the yeast come carry this Wike matter for head like Say dey even vote for SIM in the first place
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Evolutionism: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2023
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Oscarchims: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2023
wasco24:
Dey your dey
Make I dey my dey... No body worries nobody

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by GreatOchuks: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2023
I never knew some people could be so foolish,,, no matter how angry one may be , he should always throw his phone on a soft place ..

Me I go come be State House of Assembly member , because former Governor get beef with His Excellency, I go come use my korokoro eyes resign and decamp Comot from my party when I know say such move de against the wishes of my Constituency and I go likely lose my seat ,,,, I de mad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by TruthsFM: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2023
Good response from Rivers State Pdp.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by TheGift: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2023
peter0071:
what of the 2 Lawmakers hat returned back to PDP?? una go kick them out too?

If their sit has already been declared vacant then they should contest for it, again.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by TheGift: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2023
asiwaju60:
Nah people from the yeast come carry this Wike matter for head like Say dey even vote for SIM in the first place

Keep tribalizing everything you see, and you will soon see something .

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Evolutionism: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2023
Taich:
Let wait and see by next June, but the problem is that the Nigerian system is highly skewed. The 27 members needs money from the Governor. The Governor is not going to give them shishi. So the option they have is to mortgage some of their properties to fight a war that their winning is not guarantee. Remember most of those assembly members are people whom haven't done a paid job all their life, so Sapa will hit them so hard that starving them of state funds is akin to starving them of oxygen.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by ReubenE(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2023
KingKO22:
Supreme Court will make the final decision

Final decision on what? If it is about the status of their seats, the Supreme Court already did. There is a case law from the Supreme Court that supports declaring their seats vacant.

If you mean final decision on another subject matter, then we can wait on the Supreme Court to make a final decision

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:14am On Dec 18, 2023
EnglandAmaka:

I'm even saying they should be careful of that two law makers that returned.

Who knows they may be moles planted by Wike within the ranks of Pro Fubara. It's possible, they should just be very careful of the kind of discussions they have in their presence.

They may be reporting back to Wike. Anything is possible in Nigeria today

You are smart. My thoughts exactly
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by payaseriy: 10:17am On Dec 18, 2023
asiwaju60:

dem suppose carry yoruba Muslims for head abi ?

Inferior muslims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Cantonese: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2023
peter0071:

The two were honest to themselves. They recognized the law. They understood the fact that they would be jobless. They remembered that they spent plenty of money to get the seats. They remembered that other people eye their seats. They found that Ehie had not sent the letter to INEC. They quickly retraced their steps and declared their support. If they want to decamp, they can do so at the next elections. They were not kicked out. Their names were not included in the list to INEC.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by IamANigerianMan: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2023
EnglandAmaka:

I'm even saying they should be careful of that two law makers that returned.

Who knows they may be moles planted by Wike within the ranks of Pro Fubara. It's possible, they should just be very careful of the kind of discussions they have in their presence.

They may be reporting back to Wike. Anything is possible in Nigeria today
The speaker has decleared their sits vacant,it is only court that can reinstate them.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by johannu(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2023
peter0071:
They should be wary of them.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by u3fine(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2023
My SIM and Speaker, please eject those miscreants from the Assembly quarters immediately since they are no longer assembly members

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by tnerro1(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2023
There come a time in a man’s life were he has to stand up to his oppressors. Sim should adopt the motto of “ we die here, no retreat no surrender “

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by masterflowx(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
They can not be allowed to come back. If Simi Fubara takes that step, he is gone.

27 is a super-proof majority both for overriding Governir's veto and impeachment. They have it all going for them until the unforced error of decamping to APC without recuse to the law and Supreme Court judgment.

Don't you notice that Wike's was stylishly begging yesterday. He said "him and his pro" are ready to settle the issues amicably.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by uscofield: 10:43am On Dec 18, 2023
[b]“They signed a form for Parliamenterians that when you leave your party, that you will never be a lawmaker. They violated it. Amaehwule and his co-travellers signed the form.

“Saying that they are still members of the Rivers State House of Assembly is a wild goose chase. They are no longer lawmakers.”[/b]

@the Bolded, if they actually signed the form, then story don end.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by ogbonti: 10:43am On Dec 18, 2023
mastermaestro:

Go and find out what happened to Oshiomhole's lawmakers when Obaseki shut them out. They completed their tenure in Oshiomhole's parlour in Abuja. grin

These lawmakers have no idea what has hit them. Fubara is following Obaseki's footsteps. grin

All those who say education na scam - maKe dem come see wetin lack of proper "legal and political" education don cause these law makers

its ok to forge certificate, lie, bully, snatch, grab it, run away with it, but if these lawmakers were not olodo, they would have seen what

happened in Edo with Oshomole lawmakers who did exactly the same thing and they retired themselves abruptly from power.

Well what do i know? maybe Wike told them he owns the Supreme Court- with the terrible judgement the apex court gave on Oct 26,

who can fault the lawmakers for refusing to use their brain? especially with what Wike told them in secret before Oct 26. They must have

concluded "WHAT WIKE CAN NOT DO IN NIGERIA DOES NOT EXIST" - lets keep our fingers crossed - IF Supreme Court do anyhow for

this matter- it will mark the end of that court in Nigeria - as it will become too obvious they are an arm of the APC - the backlash will be

terrible - na small thing like this go spark that revolution - The Ijaws are spartan in nature - 90% of Nigeria's crude oil exploration,

production and /or pipelines pass through their land and waterways - IF they decide to sabotage it, na BAMBIALLA Nigeria government

go turn to within one month - we will even be begging the likes of Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea money to feed eat.. hmmm!
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Kaiser20: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2023
Wike must remember that there is NO most powerful politician in Nigeria, it is a question of time he will destroy himself all by himself
You Don't use looted state resources to destroy the state.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by uchwar1: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2023
asiwaju60:

I believe you always reach orgasm when SE or Igbo is mentioned in Nairaland. Ode!
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:54am On Dec 18, 2023
bassdow:
Me just dey watch how these go end.

By the way, Seems Tinubu kept his own side of the Bargain, wonder why a new commer SimCard couldn't do same. Agreement na Agreement na.

Either way, those Supporting Fubara shouldn't think He's got the ordinary people's interest either.

Even aif fubara doesn't have the interest of the ordinary people at heart, for the interest of the state it's easier for the state when one person is stealing than two persons stealing at once.

We want to reduce the cost of Governance and we can't do with Godfathers around the scene.

Wike should go his time is up, another sheriff in town.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by Splashme: 10:57am On Dec 18, 2023
Yes oo
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:57am On Dec 18, 2023
Jackiedemie:
Pdp and the speaker that declare those seats vacant are bunch of jokers.
Instead of going to court to secure a sound judgement, you guys are participating in illegalities in the name of political intelligence!! Okay

It's not then that will go to court, their seats have been declared vacant already.

It's you that is pained that should go to court if you don't like it so grin You go avex tire no evidence of seat for them.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:59am On Dec 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
They can not be allowed to come back. If Simi Fubara takes that step, he is gone.

27 is a super-proof majority both for overriding Governir's veto and impeachment. They have it all going for them until the unforced error of decamping to APC without recuse to the law and Supreme Court judgment.

That error was fatal, these guys don't seek legal advice before taking decision very appalling.

It's over for them, they will regret following someone who isn't smart but uses physical cash to bribe hIs way through.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by TruthsFM: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2023
u3fine:
My SIM and Speaker, please eject those miscreants from the Assembly quarters immediately since they are no longer assembly members
that’s the next line of action. Pro Wike lawmakers will only be conducting their meetings on zoom or Twitter space. Yeye people.
Re: Rivers Govt, State PDP To 27 lawmakers: Move On, You Are no Longer Lawmakers by AngelicBeing: 11:05am On Dec 18, 2023
Brendaniel:
Rivers is not Lagos, just like Edo no be Lagos, they can transfer their seats to Lagos state for Sanwo Olu to take them in...
Hian shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letters Of OBJ To GEJ And Iyabo Obasanjo To Her Father for sale. Very funny. / Some Part Of Edo State Is Igbo Land A Case Of The Igbanke People / Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.