Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) (19005 Views)

17 PDP Governorship Candidates Visit Wike In Rivers / 2023: Saraki, Tambuwal, Hayatudeen, Bala Mohammed Visit Wike In Port-Harcourt / Caption!! Sanwo-olu's Face During Election Win Celebration (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by AJ245: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

I wonder the psychological discomfort that compelled you to type this

His title is Oba of Obaland.
You can go all over Facebook and Wikipedia doctoring stories it changes nothing
He is not Eze and Ogba people are not Iboes

My bro Igbo migrants are attach by force migrant parasites

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Appletek: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ogene001:

He is Nwachukwu Nnam obi. Whatever title he chooses is irrelevant

If that makes him Igbo, or also means Azikiwe Jonathan is Igbo and means Igbos have gotten Presidency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Gajagojo: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
freshvine:

I am Igbo and I understand 100% the Ogba language. They speak unadulterated igbo language better than the Ngwa man in Abia State
That is irrelevant whether you understand

Portuguese people understand Portuguese
That does not make Portuguese a dialect of Spanish or Spanish a dialect of Portuguese
The two are both members of the same family
They do not speak Ibo language but Ogba language which is part of the same family that Ibo belongs to
They are distinct languages

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Judolisco(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ogene001:

Oba of ogbaland doesn't make them Yoruba. Kings title can be borrowed. Are Benin people yorubas too?
he didn't say they are Yorubas... He jst talked about his title which is correct... Na oba of Ogbaland jst like d oba of benin

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by AJ245: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
AncientAlien:
Oba title still reach Port Harcourt?

We are proudly Benin descendants

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Karlman: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

Is Omoku Ogbaland?
I went through your rants and kept wondering what your stake really is, except of course Igbo hate...it really energized you around a topic you know absolutely nothing about.

Personally I have no interest on what title Mr Nwachukwu Nnam Obi is using in his Ogba Kingdom but people like you need to slow down on unnecessary hating, and it's overly common among some Yoruba people like yourself.
Take it easy on you bro, there is hope in this life!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Gajagojo: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
Abagworo:
In 1970 immediately after the civil war Chukwumela Nnam Obi went to Benin to collect Ada and Eben then came back to Ogba and declared his new title as Oba. Some youths unaware of this might think it was always his title.
Evidence

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Omodua(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

I never said it does did I?
The Ogba people know and declare their origins
This is public knowledge
But Iboes are all over Wikipedia trying to rewrite history
Why?
Just as Yoruba's are trying to rewrite history, abi?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Omodua(m): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
abdeefggh:

Onitsha people are not Igbos, they are from benin. Infact they call the rest of the Igbos onye igbo which means omo igbo
Liar!

Where did you get your warped history. Who told you Anambra people are not Igbo's They are from where, and which ethnicity?

Many of you are deluded and absolutely nauseating.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Gajagojo: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
Karlman:

I went through your rants and kept wondering what your stake really is, except of course Igbo hate...it really energized you around a topic you know absolutely nothing about.

Personally I have no interest on what title Mr Nwachukwu Nnam Obi is using in his Ogba Kingdom but people like you need to slow down on unnecessary hating, and it's overly common among some Yoruba people like yourself.
Take it easy on you bro, there is hope in this life!
Shut up and naff off

Do you understand?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by SmartyPants(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ogene001:

The attire is for the king alone. This is same in Delta Igbos. The king's attire is Benin influenced but the general public don't dress like that. Why are you not interested in his name and first language? Do you understand the criteria used in classifying ethnicities at all?

As for the name, why does it sound similar to Ogbaru in Anambra that shares boarders with it? Where are the Ogbas in Benin?

Is his name and first language mentioned anywhere in the article? Once it comes to matters of tribe you people get so weirdly aggressive. Sir, there is no prize for claiming the Ogba people o.

In any case, obviously that a people migrated from some place many hundreds of years ago doesnt mean they will still bear exactly the same language and names. If you have any idea of anthropology you ought to know that proximity, not origin is the greatest determinant of language as culture evolves based on environmental stimulants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Omodua(m): 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Gajagojo:
The do not speak Ibo
Who told you they don't speak IBO. What language do they speak.

Many of you're confusionists who are argue without atom of facts. The local government in question is purely Igbo extraction. So,why the argument?

Ask knowledgeable people,if you're lost,of your true identity and heritage.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Gajagojo: 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omodua:
Who told you they don't speak IBO. What language do they speak.

Many of you're confusionists who are argue without atom of facts. The local government in question is purely Igbo extraction. So,why the argument?

Ask knowledgeable people,if you're lost,of your true identity and heritage.
The name of the language is Ogba
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Karlman: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Gajagojo:

Shut up and naff off

Do you understand?
Truth is Painful, I understand your miserableness!
Just take it easy on yourself, meanwhile, I have sent the 'shut up' to your father, its his misery for birthing an oaf like you!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Appletek: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2023
Why is everyone denying having links with Igbos?
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Gajagojo: 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ogene001:

I lived in ula upata. Ahoada. They have Eze Upata
all You do is lie and lie
You lived in Ahoada but don't know Omoku is the biggest town in Ogbaland
What a liar!

Ogene001:

Omoku is not Ogba. And atani is not the southernmost end of Ogbaru. Meanwhile you can tell us the distances

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Gajagojo: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ogene001:

As for the name, why does it sound similar to Ogbaru in Anambra that shares boarders with it? Where are the Ogbas in Benin?
It sounds Even closer to Ogba in Lagos state

And
Ogba in Eredo Edo state
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Decarbonisation: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
Obas for Naija kuku no get job pass to flex, marry plenty women, go spray money to musicians, grab and sell land.

Awon Olofo
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by 24SEVEN: 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
IGBOSON1:

They speak Igbo, but since the war now say they're not Igbo! To each his own! smiley

Why complain then?

There are so many igbos in Nigeria, no need adding more. undecided
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by zoedew: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2023
[quote author=AJ245 post=127543906][/quote]
Truth is that it is dishonourable to become the Governor of Rivers State on the platform of a given political structure only to turn around to destroy the political structure. Aregbesola and Sim are birds of the same feather.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Osanoghodua1: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
They're from Benin. Onitsha people are from Benin. Check Obi of Onitsha staffs, it's Ada and Eben.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by djon78(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Dude, they speak IGBO....a dialect of the Igbo language, just like every other part of Alaigbo! I have no problem with them getting a epiphany after the uncivil war and declaring they're no more Igbo but now a 'distinct' ethnicity of their own! Like i said, to each his own! Goodluck to them!

What's your own ethnicity by the way? I'm from Ndoni....next door to Ogba!

Wow you are from Ndoni in Rivers State?

Former Governor Peter Odili s place?

Heard that from Ndoni to Onitsha is like 10minutes on boat from River Niger?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Starhearts: 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Armaggedon:
Pls don't misrepresent facts.

His name is Eze Ogba -Nwachukwu Nnam Obi III

Wike wanted to preach politics of godfatherism to him, he boldly told wike to let peace reign and allow fubara govern the state.

Post the video let us watch because those of us that saw it in the news know what happened.

Liar
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by DigitalJobs: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
Wonderful.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Tranquill: 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ogene001:

Can you understand Ikwo in Ebonyi? Can ijaw understand each other's dialects? But can Ekpeye understand standardized igbo? The answer is yes

Understanding your language if at all, doesn’t make them Igbo.

Similarities doesn’t mean they are the same.

A French man can easily understand portuguese and Spanish and it goes the other way around. The same scenario in the scandinavia.

Languages are identified with the identity of the speakers. You can’t say someone speaks Igbo when they don’t identify as Igbo as their ethnicity. It shows a frightening level of ignorance and repulsive arrogance.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Sunday2021: 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2023
No wonder Wike insults them at Will. This hungry idiot will not stay in his one room apartment he called palace. He is busy following politicianss for crumbs.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Gajagojo: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
Sunday2021:
No wonder Wike insults them at Will. This hungry idiot will not stay in his one room apartment he called palace. He is busy following politicianss for crumbs.
hungry idiot?
Do you know him?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by highness25(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2023
[quote author=AJ245 post=127543906][/quote] When I was dfending my project in Uni, I asked my supervisor and the external supervisor this very question concerning the arguments below, having come from Ogbaland. I was like, Sir, "Our people claim we're from Benin, but we don't speak like them, our culture differs from theirs but they claim we're from there, we speak more like the Igbos why"? The external supervisor just asked me to bow and leave. Even my supervisor refered me to someone I will never find just to get the answer to my question. We should be truthful to ourselves. The Ogba people from Rivers State have something in common with the Igbos.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2023
illicit:
So there's a Yoruba Kingdom in Rivers

Wow

Just wow
Lies! Rivers state is inhabited by the various subgroups of Igbos,Ogoni and Kalahari subgroup of Ijaw ethnicity.
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by BeardGangJnr1(m): 10:50am On Dec 21, 2023
Ogene001:

What they say is irrelevant. Also Etche and Oyigbo rightfully belong to Abia
LoLss...be like Unna don share the rivers state finished...🥴😁😁😁
Re: Oba Of Ogbaland Visit Wike In Continuation Of His Birthday Celebration (photo) by rummmy: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
He is not to leave his palace to be visiting people upandan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha / Dino Melaye Rides Horse In Kwara (Pics) / "I Acted In Self-Defence": Olumide Awolumate Explains Attack On Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.