Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal (26042 Views)

Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC / Tinubu Has Intervened In Fubara, Wike Rift - PDP Govs Forum Chair, Mohammed / APC Crisis: Winners And Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Redhot0007: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
Fubara is a naive man, wike knows this and that's why he picked him. When you have such resources in fubara*s hand, if you don't have knowledge, you buy as many as possible.

Fubara should have employed experienced political advisors/strategists before making the move he made. He made a grave mistake to go against wike when he still has a pending Supreme Court election judgment.

Fubara should have waited for the Supreme Court to rule in his favor and then strike. If he had gone against wike after the Supreme Court judgment, wike would have become history. You still have a second chance Fubara.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:
See people that were interviewed for this article Sam Amadi of Arise TV and Shehu Sani of Twitter Constituency... Dem for kuku interview Dele Momodu he has been crying all over social media since Monday

Dele, Davido's boy has been crying more than the bereaved all over. Very funny guy.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Splashme: 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
Fubara is a fool
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by kosiebe(m): 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2023
I know say na from Arise TV u get this point ๐Ÿ‘‰โ˜๏ธ.
Mumu TV station, Nigeria version of al Jazeera
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by doubleportion: 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2023
sylve11:
Trust politicians at your own peril.

Some people were shouting "Say No Godfatherism". They forgot Fubara is sitting on that seat because of the same "Godfatherism".

The reason why humanity is suffering could be as a result of man trying to outsmart God and devil. Who knows?

Keep to your words.

The masses have always been the losers and I don't think they can ever be the winner.

Maybe, just maybe when I become the president of this country, the masses can then be the winner. ๐Ÿค” cool

The masses had being the losers the day they voted for Fubara, having known he was presented and sponsored by a godfather. Shikena!
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by BondRiv: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
olusamuel01:

And whatโ€™s your definition of peace? That wike milks Rivers state treasury the way Tinubu is doing in Lagos. Tinubu will be the end of himself.

"No price too much for me to pay for peace in Rivers." - Fubara
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by slowice(m): 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
They arm twisted Sim.... He bleeped up
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by ThebestPromise: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
The winner was Sim Fubara. The PDP governors failed him unlike Obaseki during his saga with Oshiomole. There was no way SIM would have won the battle because the louder noises around him were his kinsmen. Even if the Wike loyalists were dropped from the house, they would have returned back through the election.

As it is, the tenure is secured to some extent and second tenure almost done and dusted for him.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Simdyofficial(f): 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
Written by an obituary cheesy
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Beuberry(f): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Barrywilly:
The op is the loser for posting this arrant nonsense. There is no price too much for peace to reign. Who is Fubara if Wike did not bring from obscurity to limelight? Don't bite the fingers that feed you. If Fubara decided to be adamant and federal might is deployed to impeach him, will you be there to save him? Is it not illegal and unconstitutional to use 4 lawmakers to run a state? I believe the situation is a win win for all.
PDP is d loser
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by udemzyudex(m): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Illicits:
I hope Fubara gets his second ticket at this point

Oga rest, let him finish this one first.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Wahabfuture: 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
slowice:
They arm twisted Sim.... He bleeped up

The man Simi is naturally a weakling, 1 term Governor in advance. How can you sign that paper knowing itโ€™s against you. Godfatherism here you come in River State
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Wahabfuture: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
Simdyofficial:
Written by an obituary cheesy

Ewedu miscreant
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Ooe33: 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
*fabura had the upper hand.
*4 lawmakers had a win.
Please I am not seeing ur bigger picture.
Cos I feel the moves they made were flawed.
-No quorum. U cannot give what u don't have
-declaring of seats as vacant.-matter for the court
-faburas demolition without notice, witholding of funds meant for an arm of government (impeachable offences)
-openly declaring war before his second year( becomes grounded in office)
I feel all these moves were not well thought through. Made by peeps that have not played Chess or Go or even Draft before.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by savcy(m): 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2023
I live and work in Rivers state, and I'm also an indigene. I'm from the Ogoni ethnic extraction.

To all my compatriots drumming support for this illegal, thoughtless and potentially subjugating peace deal, I hope you all stay alive and well to see the outcome.

How dare you call allowing a brute and m0nster have his way, one that has nothing to do with the interest of the people and rule of law, peace? Because of N10million? Or it is the civil service job you got that has blinded your eyes to the reality of this utter nonsense put forward by the President?

No! If that's what you call peace, gladly a whole bunch of us do not agree. That piece of paper won't fly with us, and would be tossed in the trash where it belongs. Let the President or Wike do their worst. We're waiting. It took three Presidents and whole lot of blood to quell the Rivers crisis that started in 2007. Let Tinubu and Wike push their luck against the same people who were at the frontlines of that conflict.

SIM won't honor one thing in that document and nothing would happen. Has he withdrawn the cases in court? No. Has he publicly received the defected the lawmakers? No. Has he publicly declared that he would retrieve the budget already signed into law? No. Has he reappointed the ludicrous set of commissioners? No. He won't do any.

You people will eat your peace. Just wait until Supreme Court judgement, and June. You guys had better removed him through the courts. Otherwise, tis going to be very long 3 years and 5months for you guys.

Peace ko, peace ni.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Tektronics12: 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ambode Treatment Likely waiting for Simi. Only the Power of the people can Save Simi by working hard and warming his way into the minds of the people of Rivers.
Islie:
The commissioners who left Fubara may make history in Nigeria as the first set of officials to voluntarily resign their appointment to spite a governor, and then force their way back into the same cabinet.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/652944-analysis-rivers-crisis-winners-losers-in-fubara-wike-peace-deal.html
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Vicana: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
I haven't seen the peace deal but even as I like Tinubu, I am not happy with the way he handled this. Giving Wike back a strong hold of Rivers is tragic, he should have allowed fair play and be an unbiased umpire.
When then President Obasanjo wanted things his way, he Tinubu fought and won, he should allow Sim fight and probably win. That will make Sim a better Politician and even more loyal to Tinubu.

If Sim goes against the deal, I will call and hope that Tinubu allow Sim have his way.

Tinubu and Wike are men I like, but it's not Everytime they should have their way.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by onuman: 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
Islie:
The commissioners who left Fubara may make history in Nigeria as the first set of officials to voluntarily resign their appointment to spite a governor, and then force their way back into the same cabinet.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/652944-analysis-rivers-crisis-winners-losers-in-fubara-wike-peace-deal.html

Gov Fubara; beware. Those people don't keep to agreement.
The impeachment notice withdrawal may be fake. Even at that, no law prevents those law makers from dusting the impeachment process.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by IbrahimSola: 12:52am On Dec 22, 2023
PDP should expel Wike and see whether the equation will melt change and begin to build up against Wike. If he's expelled by PDP national, he will be a political orphan and will openly and desperately run to APC.

He won't go there quietly, he will go there loudly, and will insist that he's the one in control of the political structure of APC in Rivers.

The internal wranglings that would erupt will put the ores against him, as those old faces of Amaechi and his loyalists would certainly fight him. The more he fights them off, the more divided the party and the more repugnant he's going to appear to existing Members of the party.

This by itself will cause him 6o run wild and eventually self-destruct.

It's only the fear fear PDP national that is keeping him from sef-destructing
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by broadman20: 4:01am On Dec 22, 2023
sylve11:
Trust politicians at your own peril.

Some people were shouting "Say No Godfatherism". They forgot Fubara is sitting on that seat because of the same "Godfatherism".

The reason why humanity is suffering could be as a result of man trying to outsmart God and devil. Who knows?

Keep to your words.

The masses have always been the losers and I don't think they can ever be the winner.

Maybe, just maybe when I become the president of this country, the masses can then be the winner. ๐Ÿค” cool

The way most of you reason eeh! As if you are so happy being a slave to someone.

Was Wike not sitting on the sit of governor of River state because of God fatherism?

Did Jonathan's wife worry or lord over him after making him the governor?

Most of you should try as much as possible to deliver your mind from this bondage of these politicians in NIGERIA, it's not helping you people and will never help you.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Dchampion65: 5:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Illicits:
I hope Fubara gets his second ticket at this point

Very doubtful on PDP or APC but on LP
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by ogunsbanjul(m): 5:50am On Dec 22, 2023
All your explanation above proved that the writer is an enemy of PEACE, a wounded supporter of 2023 presidential candidate, an unrepentant enemy of Rivers people and agent of destruction pretending to be a good writer. If you know Rivers state, you will surely praise all parties involved in bringing peace to the crisis like president,vise president ,governor, Wike , Odili and other stakeholders in the state.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by slowice(m): 6:09am On Dec 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

The man Simi is naturally a weakling, 1 term Governor in advance. How can you sign that paper knowing itโ€™s against you. Godfatherism here you come in River State

He threw his supporters under the bus.. They must be embarrassed by his cowardly act. He has already gotten wike in a bad corner and the constitution is clear on that
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Simdyofficial(f): 6:52am On Dec 22, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Ewedu miscreant
lol. Na cruise abeg...
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by nairamaniac: 10:04am On Dec 22, 2023
SensetionalGoal:
Governor fubara will be the biggest fxxl if he adhere to any of those nonsense they said it's a peace deal.... Tinubu should face his front

Not really dat he is a bigfool. Fubara has never dreamt of being this relevant in his entire life.

He must have been overwhelmed by the presence of president, vice president, NSA deliberating over his matter.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Davidson5566: 2:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
Before Wike Selected Sim their was an agreement,

Learn to acknowledge that,
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by Timmi: 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
Islie:

Quite to the contrary, the winners are the Rivers State people, Governor Fubara and governance of the State. The losers are the so-called elders that want to tribalize this situation and divide and conquer because of the monetary benefit that might accrue to them because with the division, they will have access to the Governor.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by OmoFiditi: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
BondRiv:
Rivers people are not the losers. All parties should honour the agreement for there to be peace.

Articles like this are irrelevant and contribute nothing to the discuss.

You go explain tire.

Gov. Sim was waylaid and ambushed in that deal to empower Wike and his boys against the interest of the state. It will not be honoured.

A Governor cannot be intimidated. His 4 years is assured and you know it.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by McStoic(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
ubest1:
SIM should ignore some of the directive especially number 7 & 8 to avoid empowering Wike boys

I dey tell you. Those that resigned should stay resigned. The budget already signed should remain so. This peace process is supposed to be a compromise; you lose some you win some. But Fubara seems to be losing everything here. What kind of agreement is that.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Winners & Losers In Fubara-Wike Peace Deal by olusamuel01: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
BondRiv:

"No price too much for me to pay for peace in Rivers." - Fubara

Unfortunately for him, the price is not for him to pay. Rivers people are not docile like lagosians. That idea is dead on arrival

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invasion Of Asariโ€™s Residence Provocative โ€“ IYC / APC Caretaker Committee Visits Tinubu / COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.