Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges (11086 Views)

Tinubu Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Five Board Directors For CBN / Senate Confirms 45 Nominees As Ministers; steps down Okotete, Danladi, El-rufai / Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by SoNature(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
11 whole new justices for the Supreme Court!

Tinubu has won the heart of the judiciary with this move.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by simpleseyi: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
bejick:

Settlement for the fake Tribunal Judgement. We go dey alright laslas

You need psychiatric evaluation
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by seanfer(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
Built2last:
I can't verify this news but info has it that this man Hon. Justice Haruna Simon Tsammani; [b][/b] who headed the presidential election tribunal was offered 10 million dollars to any offsore account of his choice and promotion to supreme court before he retires. Condition is that he rules in favour of Tinubu.

Failure to do that, he will be thoroughly investigated and disgraced out of the system. He had a lot of skeleton already and so had no option than play the script given to him.

Seeing this news that he has been nominated to the supreme court makes me want to believe what i heard way back in July
Una no dey rest from all this beer parlour rumours?
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by SmartyPants(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
christejames:
The Judiciary that is attached to the executive? lipsrsealed

We need proper separation of power in this country. Why must the govt send names of counsels that would head the apex court, can't the judiciary do that themselves?

It is the judiciary through the National Judicial Council that compiles a list of names amd sends it to the president who then sends it to the Assembly.
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by christejames(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
SmartyPants:

It is the judiciary through the National Judicial Council that compiles a list of names amd sends it to the president who then sends it to the Assembly.

Why must it be the president that will send it to the national assembly, can't the judicial council do it themselves?
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by Obakoolex(m): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
Built2last:
I can't verify this news but info has it that this man Hon. Justice Haruna Simon Tsammani; [b][/b] who headed the presidential election tribunal was offered 10 million dollars to any offsore account of his choice and promotion to supreme court before he retires. Condition is that he rules in favour of Tinubu.

Failure to do that, he will be thoroughly investigated and disgraced out of the system. He had a lot of skeleton already and so had no option than play the script given to him.

Seeing this news that he has been nominated to the supreme court makes me want to believe what i heard way back in July
If you are picked-up for questioning now your eyes go clear mumu
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by Addme: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
Built2last:

You already said you can't verify the news. It means it's a fake story used to deride the man.
We all saw all forms of intimidation during the period. If people behind him in Appeal Court hierarchy can be nominated into Supreme court,why not him.
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by deji17: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
Out of 11 names, I only see one Yoruba name.. What is going on? Tinubu lately has sidelined the Yorubas to please the eboes. Kwantinue..
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by Obakoolex(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
Built2last:

untrained riff raff. And you couldn't make your point without Insult.

You and your lot know nothing about Freedom. That's why your frozen brain only thinks intimidation and harassment.

I am thousands of mile away from Nigeria. Enjoy your government.
You should have done better if you're well trained mumu.
Once your like are able to leave the shores of Nigeria to become slaves in another man country, then the next thing is to be painting Nigeria bad.
Off course am in Nigeria and am enjoying myself because have been traveling since 2006 and yet all I want is a better Nigeria for everyone. Not people like you that disseminate fake news without solid proof just to paint the country bad.
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by ABANGWABOI(m): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
The South east Got only Two
Kai.. what an injustice...

Same south east that has always been shortchanged at the bench...
That had 2 late judges from their region that died Ngwuta and Nweze ..
Only replaced the two dead ones..
But other regions that didn't have their own people reduced in number previously now have extra numbers...
It is well oo
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by okeke6969: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
christejames:
The Judiciary that is attached to the executive? lipsrsealed

We need proper separation of power in this country. Why must the govt send names of counsels that would head the apex court, can't the judiciary do that themselves?

My brother, I taya oo!! We were taught that each arm of government work independently and allow for check and balance.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by blabulu2000: 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
Bendeco2020:
You mean 11 fraud judges?

We have all the 3 major tribes represented... including your tribe.......
Do you suspect your tribe judges too?
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by DOM7: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
Finally Samani is rewarded for a job well done if you know you know.
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by fergie001: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
All 11 Judges confirmed.....
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by Menclothing: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
New set of rulers
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by VIKTO83(m): 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
All na hausa and Igbo.
I hope our igbo won't still complain.
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by ofuonyebi: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
justice Tsammani is a justice of merit and excellence anyday....
congrats! to who the cap fit

ALL the chosen should learn to put integrity of life and interest of the people and nation forward!
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
erai30:
NO need for confirmation they can go and start working, after all it's a compensation for working for your victory. Just setting his compass for any election tribunals that may arise in 2027 election. grin cool

Seriously.... Even the Senate president was handpicked..
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by nnamdi640: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
This is where the judiciary becomes subjected to the executive. Tell me why the following judges won't work in favour of the person or party that appointed them into the supreme court, same way the head of the electoral body(Inec) is appointed by thesame executive head. Honestly, democracy is a scam in Africa.
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by bejick(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
simpleseyi:

You need psychiatric evaluation

As long as all your family member are in with me.
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by MirrorofChrist: 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Benjaniblinks:
angry
What really was; the critics made to the men of God frequently
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by EmekaBlue(m): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nigeria judiciary doesn't work. No justice...na padi padi

International law suppose to behead most of these judges here for injustice
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by Safyqueen: 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
4 Muslims and 7 Christians
Re: Tinubu Seeks Senate's Confirmation Of 11 Nominees As Supreme Court Judges by ColonelMichael: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2023
Omoejigbahe:

Who raised you?

Am sure na infection kill your mama,

Ask me her occupation and why the occupational hazard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan's Condolence Speech To The Awolowos During His Visit / Lokpobiri Not A Member Of Our Party – APC / Meet Oka Obono: Profile Of Professor Who Wants To Represent Cross River Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.