Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations (256 Views)

Aviation Fuel Price Crash Imminent As Dangote Refinery Begins Supply Of Products / Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Refining Of 60,000 Barrels Per Day In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations by Ecstasy154(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
The Federal Government, on Thursday, confirmed the commencement of operations at the Port Harcourt Refining and Petrochemical Company in Rivers State.

It announced that the facility commenced operations on December 20, 2023, as the first phase of work at the plant had been completed, adding that refined petroleum products would start flowing from the refinery after the Christmas break.

The government had earlier in the year repeatedly stated that the Port Harcourt refinery would begin operations before the end of 2023.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, who led members of the Refinery Steering Committee to inspect the facility, congratulated the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited and Nigerians in general for the feat.

Nigeria’s refineries in Port Harcourt, Kaduna, and Warri have been dormant for decades, as the Federal Government has spent several billions of naira to revamp the facilities.

“The meeting today coincides with the commencement of operations at the Port Harcourt refinery,” Lokpobiri stated at the refinery.

He added, “This is to announce to Nigerians that in fulfillment of our pledge to complete phase one of the Port Harcourt refinery by the end of 2023, and the subsequent streaming of phase two in 2024, we happily announce the mechanical completion of flare start-up on December 20, 2023.

“This heralds the commencement of the production of petroleum products after the Christmas break. We want to thank Nigerians for their patience and trust in the NNPC to deliver on our promise and mandate in the rehabilitation of our refineries.”

Also, the Group Chief Executive Officer, NNPC Limited, Mele Kyari, said the employees of the company worked day and night for over 9.6 million man-hours to get the refinery back on stream.

On April 7, 2021, The PUNCH reported that the NNPC officially signed a contract with Tecnimont SPA for the $1.5bn rehabilitation programme of the Port Harcourt Refining Company.

Details to come…

https://punchng.com/port-harcourt-refinery-begins-operations/

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations by immortalcrown(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seeing is believing in a case like this.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations by FreeStuffsNG: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
This news and the video has broken and shared multiple times on WhatsApp with so many naysayers put to shame. This leg of the revamp of the refinery is a major milestone. Well done to everyone who made this possible. God bless you.

I am extremely positive that this is just the beginning of greater things to come. As you wish the best for Nigeria and do your best,great positive news will never cease in the lives of patriotic Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria.

The naysayers, unpatriotic elements, criminal defamers and cyberbullies will neither see these milestones nor benefit from it.

All the enemies of Nigeria will be put to shame. They will lose las las and will always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever!
It's renewed hope in the greatest nation on earth.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations by GYBABA(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
The annoying thing here is that the priority of these refineries working is not to bring down fuel price significantly. And that's the main thing a lot of Nigerians were looking forward to. This thing is too annoying. Until I start feeling the effects as a common man, all these sayings & doings na pure fallacious fallacies. Do well & by ourselves, we'll hail you. I can't be doling out free praises for nothing like that Freestuffs mumu. Fantastic olodo praise singer.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations by nairalanda1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
GYBABA:
The annoying thing here is that the priority of these refineries working is not to bring down fuel price significantly. And that's the main thing a lot of Nigerians were looking forward to. This thing is too annoying. Until I start feeling the effects as a common man, all these sayings & doings na pure fallacious fallacies. Do well & by ourselves, we'll hail you. I can't be doling out free praises for nothing like that Freestuffs mumu. Fantastic olodo praise singer.

Before I comment , tell me, if you were a businessman, would you sell your product at reduced prices to help the poor in this Tinubu economy?

You would not. Because you have to pay staff, taxes, suppliers, and yourself. You would not cut prices to help the poor.

We lost 4 refineries because for 40-50 years we lied to ourselves that fuel could be cheap. Meanwhile, we made our refineries run for years without proper maintenance, and we created the environment for corruption to thrive in the sector, which led to us losing domestic refining capacity.

I know you guys will call me and my cat names, but here is the cold hard fact. Refining petrol costs money, and for a refinery to work, petrol, and everything else has to be sold at a profit.

Venezeula has been selling fuel at N40.Heavy subsidy. Meanwhile, their refining capacity has massively dropped.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations by Mbanda(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This news and the video has broken and shared multiple times on WhatsApp with so many naysayers put to shame. This leg of the revamp of the refinery is a major milestone. Well done to everyone who made this possible. God bless you.

I am extremely positive that this is just the beginning of greater things to come. As you wish the best for Nigeria and do your best,great positive news will never cease in the lives of patriotic Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria.

The naysayers, unpatriotic elements, criminal defamers and cyberbullies will neither see these milestones nor benefit from it.

All the enemies of Nigeria will be put to shame. They will lose las las and will always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever!
It's renewed hope in the greatest nation on earth.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Stop making noise, it's too early to make this your useless noise now. Fuel is still 700# per litre and you are here making noise. APC and lies are like two face of a coin. How are we even sure that those refinery are truly working.

Your noise will be tolerated if the price of fuel comes down to 120# per liter.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Operations by Mynd44: 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2023

(1)

Netizens Hail, As Ibori Remembers Late President Yar’adua / Why Is Igbo Trending On Niaraland? / Why Can't Nigerian Companies Build Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.