Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,334 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language (14976 Views)

New School PHYSICS PDF Download| Get Physics Textbook Now / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? / Francis Ogbonnaya Otunta Dies In A Car Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by BeautifulMind2: 6:40am On Dec 22, 2023
An Igbo linguist has begun translating a physics textbook into the Igbo language.

The man, Maazi Ogbonnaya Okoro, stated on social media that the work would be completed in 2024.

He stated that once he finished translating physics into Igbo, he would start working on chemistry and biology.

He wrote:

“By 2024, I should be done translating Physics textbook into the Igbo Language. Once I am done with Physics, I will go over to Chemistry, Biology and other STEM subjects.”

In a separate post made in 2021, the scholar said he had done other major works in the Igbo language.

His words:

“Now I have over 25 published books in Igbo and total of 58 published and unpublished manuscripts in Igbo Language. Translated the BBC guidelines in Igbo before the launching of BBC Igbo Service; translated Igbo for the UNESCO.”

Source: Maazi Ogbonnaya Okoro

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Beremx(f): 6:59am On Dec 22, 2023
Very good one Sir.

But I have always disliked physics in school and the only subject I had a Pass in my WAEC result.
I hope mathematics and chemistry s translated too because those are best subjects. grin

Igbo Amaka.
Ndi iro ajoka

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Bliss52: 7:09am On Dec 22, 2023
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by modernWays: 7:10am On Dec 22, 2023
Lolz, wasted effort, he should have rather done that in pigin because an average Igbo kid don't like speaking their language, let alone reading it in textbook.

Igbos, especially those living outside South East should try to preserve their language by speaking it to their children.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by nairalandankrah: 7:19am On Dec 22, 2023
modernWays:
Lolz, wasted effort, he should have rather done that in pigin because an average Igbo kid don't like speaking their language, let alone reading it in textbook.

Igbos, especially those living outside South East should try to preserve their language by speaking it to their children.

It is a welcome effort... Igbos love their language.

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Idiko1: 7:25am On Dec 22, 2023
modernWays:

You are hellishly ill-informed joker.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by elotajohn1(m): 9:02am On Dec 22, 2023
modernWays:

What is stopping you from translating it in pigin?

71 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Antivirus92(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2023
modernWays:

just like Yorubas, the average Igbo kid doesn't like speaking his language

4 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Mrfeel: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:
An Igbo linguist has begun translating a physics textbook into the Igbo language.

The man, Maazi Ogbonnaya Okoro, stated on Twitter that the work would be completed in 2024.

He stated that once he finished translating physics into Igbo, he would start working on chemistry and biology.

He wrote:

“By 2024, I should be done translating Physics textbook into the Igbo Language. Once I am done with Physics, I will go over to Chemistry, Biology and other STEM subjects.”

In a separate post made in 2021, the scholar said he had done other major works in the Igbo language.

His words:

“Now I have over 25 published books in Igbo and total of 58 published and unpublished manuscripts in Igbo Language. Translated the BBC guidelines in Igbo before the launching of BBC Igbo Service; translated Igbo for the UNESCO.”
https://lite.dailyadvent.com/detail/3b3f459b231212en_ng?uid=3fd539ea655347e2a64a0cb73da95b45en_ng&country=ng&language=en&category=entertainment&page=3
Nlpfmod

I remember when this young man challenge rone omokri to a debate about a statement omokri made saying the Igbo speaking people in delta where the Igbos they the Itsekiri and the Benins had as slaves and when slavery was over they allowed them to stays that's why they speak igbo with a mix of Benin

Rone was scared to debate he ran

I pity those Igbos who always cliam to be bini

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by oluwaseyi0: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2023
Way to go

If bible can be translated the anybody who claims science text can be translated is lying and hates Africans
Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2023
He get time.mtcheew
Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Freshtruth(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
A
Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by obembet(f): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
modernWays:
Lolz, wasted effort , he should have rather done that in pigin because an average Igbo kid don't like speaking their language, let alone reading it in textbook.

U are wrong, many of us would have learn better if they teach us all those subjects with our local language.

Kudos to him.

Igbo to the world

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Gbadugbakun(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
smiley
Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by fnep2smooth(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
Igbos to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Raskimonojendor: 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
Good idea but people will need to understand the language deep enough.

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by saintopus(m): 1:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
This will be the beginning of the birth of Noble leaurate in science in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Ikennaford: 1:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nonsense ,that shit can never be understood ,cos igbo language no get all words in English ,,

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Hezzyluv: 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
grin
Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Scarrr: 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
obembet:

U are wrong, many of us would have learn better if they teach us all those subjects with our local language.

Kudos to him.

Igbo to the world
no be language, u no just know book...your mates that excelled,no be same foreign language den take teach dem?😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Zico5(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
just like Yorubas, the average Igbo kid doesn't like speaking his language
Why are u bringing yoruba to this equation. For your information, we yoruba value our language and there is no home in yoruba land that their children cannot speak yoruba. No matter how rich and educated u are, the first assignment is to teach ur children yoruba. Kindly focus on ur ethnic group and leave yoruba out of it

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by GreatAchiever1: 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nice one, I wish I could even translate some books even if some important chapters into igbo sef but sadly I no sabi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by ImoleNaija: 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
Great
Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by haveMONEY: 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
Couldn't wait to see what they uranium and Pluto in Igbo language grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by Lorayne(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
this is actually a waste of time.
Re: Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
Reno Omokiri left d group chat

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grade II Teachers Better Than NCE Holders - Minister Of Education / Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / Pictures From The 13 Convocation Of Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.