Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40503 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Znation(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

What is the correct english please!

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Raymond0008(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2022
Try to find out how many years I am older than you,

I hope that answer help.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
"you know how old i am?!" (in a very condescending way lol)

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ume1000: 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now..

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand..

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence..

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate..

*How Many Years I Take Senior You*

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland..

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call..

how much older am I than you?

whoever is asking such a question doesn't really want an answer , it's often used to address a disrespectful younger one.

You are disrespectful/rude could also be used.

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Znation(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Make una help me abeg.. I don even browse am for google, but i no see better answer..

if i no anwser this question, im finished.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by garriAndsugar: 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2022
What's our age difference

365 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Znation(m): 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2022
ume1000:
are you sure about this.. I no wan fall my hand.. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ume1000: 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
Znation:
what is the age difference between us?

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by 1F30M4(f): 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
What's the age difference between you & I?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Unzerious: 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
How many Years Older Am I to You?
Wahala oo. English no be Anybody Mate

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Waylex21(m): 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2022
What's the number of years between us?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Connected1: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2022
What's our age difference

What's our age gap

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by jefdr001: 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
"I'm way older than you"; " I'm not that much older than you"; "how much older than you am I?"

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by emorse(m): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
Znation:
He's 100% correct.

5 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Hartugrin27(m): 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2022
ume1000:

Jesus!!!!!����

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Hartugrin27(m): 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now..

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand..

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence..

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate..

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland..

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call..

What's our age difference ?

8 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Thestormisover: 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2022
I think it should be " to what number of years am i much aged than yours

7 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by WoundedLamb: 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2022
You say "how many years old than you am I?" (and all its variants).

You can also say "what is our age difference?" (and its variants too).

Though interchangeable, they are not exactly the same. The first suggests you're sure you're older but want to know how much older you really are. The second doesn't emphasize who's older.

My understanding of pidgin is poor, so forgive me if I went off on a tangent.

@OP, the article "a" in your title shouldn't be there.

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Giftlove11(f): 11:23pm On Apr 12, 2022
That sentence can only be use in the pigin form, there is no correct english to it.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Giftlove11(f): 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2022
Thestormisover:
I think it should be " to what number of years am i much aged than yours
Jesus!!! I Just fainted

21 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Giftlove11(f): 11:26pm On Apr 12, 2022
ume1000:
what is the age difference between us?
- how many years i take senior you? I'm older here.
- what is the age difference between us? ...who is older here pls?

8 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Radionigeria: 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
Let me try sha.

How many years have i seniored you with. grin grin grin

English is dead and burried.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by IykekonicWears: 12:44am On Apr 13, 2022
With what number of years am I older than you?

5 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by MacBan: 1:33am On Apr 13, 2022
"I'm older by what age difference?"

5 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by phemmyfour: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?
I am older than you by how many years?

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ume1000: 7:44am On Apr 13, 2022
grin
Hartugrin27:

Jesus!!!!!����
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Authoreety: 9:01am On Apr 13, 2022
It is as it is... Even in Hebrew language

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Fabiyi300: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2022
Do i look like your age-mate? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Kizyte(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2022
I'm how many years older than you?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by money121(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ambchidodude(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2022
Hmmmnnn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / Parent's Reply To A Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card / How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.