Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls (27302 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Bamise: Passengers Stranded As BRT Suspends Operations / β€˜1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana β€” After Four Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by bonnyhope: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

This transport companies are very unprofessional and don't know how Government contracts works

They don't pay you upfront

The concept is simple

Transport fare goes higher during yuletide because Passengers Traffic is one way, they travel to Villages and nobody returns to city till January

This makes Transport companies loose on return trips with empty busses

Now Tinubu is giving them 50% to cover loss on return trips, for passengers to also get 50% discount

You have said nothing

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Bliss52: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2023
bonnyhope:

You have said nothing

Why are you eager to qoute "nothing"
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Gboom: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Precious452:

The why announce something without taking proper records, making due feasibility studies and verifications?
It shows that your government don't rate you at all. Be supporting rubbish until Nigeria happens to you.
Who told you the government has not done the feasibility study?
I know hatred and bitterness will not allow you to consider 'Nigerian factor' which is older and stronger than you in all fronts.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by thatigboman: 10:24am On Dec 22, 2023
Nonny95:

You're a big fool.

So these companies will use their personal funds to buy fuel, ad then transport you home? The 35k FG promised workers, where is it?

Helinus Defender of rubbish.
na helinus be Bliss52?
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by wirinet(m): 10:24am On Dec 22, 2023
SoNature:

Oga, stop defending everything indefensible.
These transport companies make lots of money at this time of the year because there's pressure on them.

The FG should have deposited some money with them or have their team refund the passengers 50% of their fares in real time.

Don't tell these companies that they will get their money next year. This is their peak season. They didn't beg the federal government to use their companies for any subsidy palliatives.

Anyways, I just want to believe that this news report is FALSE because GIGM has updated their website, indicating that the FG is refunding 50% of fares.

Deposit ke! shocked in obodo Nigeria. It seems you have not done business in Nigeria before. In normal private transactions once you fail to collect your full cash on transaction, you will never see your money again, not to talk of government.

Me, I collect 100% before supplying any good or service. I don't have power to be begging anyone for my money.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Allymosh: 10:25am On Dec 22, 2023
Zonefree:

What's good development here? Tinubu scamming Nigerians is good development to you? undecided

Wahala wahala
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by oglalasioux(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

You don't get the concept of this 50%

Transport fare goes higher during yuletide because Passengers Traffic is one way, they travel to Villages and nobody returns to city till January

Now Tinubu is giving them 50% to cover loss, for passengers to also get 50% discount

You've explained this before. I'm still trying to understand it though. Are you saying passengers should pay full fare and government will then compensate transport companies for returning empty?

The transport companies are saying they've not received money from government. Do you want them to risk their money to buy expensive fuel before government pays?

It's good to support government. But please we should try and put our brains on while doing so.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by BBQZ: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2023
And ure trusting the same government that has a notorious precedence of failing in its obligations. I mean, 35k or 25k or whatever and grains and whatever are still in the planning stage till now. What a shame. Put your self in the shoes of the business owner and make that "professional" decision
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by DestinyNigga: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2023
happney65:
If Agbero comot your teeth for where you dey ask for 50 percent una go know.. grin grin

I kukuma trust Lagos Agbero. Dey no geh joy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Xinox: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2023
I said it! We are living in Country where leaders use us for cruise. No truth from our leaders especially those in political and non political positions again. Social media strategy leveraging for audio promises. Watch, they have already cut that money from budget.

Federal Govt to...
Nigerian Govt to...
Bua cement to be sold @ 3,500 per bag
Fuel to one down to #98 a liter
Vote for me, they will recruit 2million youth into Nigerian Army

Everything about these people is fake.

Fake campaign promises,
Fake employment opportunities
Fake sharing of hardship allowances

Audio promises
Audio develoment
Audio project executions.

What a country??

This is why I don't judge a thief , Yahoo-yahoo again.

Don't call PBAT! Don't call senate! Call it a Nigerian way!

You will do the same thing if given the opportunity today. We fight and some even kill their fellow citizens for these politicians.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Precious452(f): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2023
Gboom:

Who told you the government has not done the feasibility study?
I know hatred and bitterness will not allow you to consider 'Nigerian factor' which is older and stronger than you in all fronts.

I'm very sure you know nothing about feasibility study. Feasibility study takes account of every possible factor and determines the execution style and success rate of every program.
Why are we still having delays in execution after two days of announcement, if this government actually did a feasibility study?

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by DestinyNigga: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

This transport companies are very unprofessional and don't know how Government contracts works

The concept is simple

Now Tinubu is giving them 50% to cover loss on return trips, for passengers to also get 50% discount

Trust Nigerian government on your own peril. They are looking for who they will send to village. This one must of the company is Igbo man own. They no go pay one Kobo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Any Nigerian that ask for 50 percent may end up losing one of his teeth πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by waice6571: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

The concept is simple

Your points are invalid bro. This is not air transport services with strict schedules. If your bus no get passengers you no dey move. Meanwhile, our roads are extremely busy during the yuletide as many Nigerians cannot afford air fares....
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Solababa91(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2023
Cash out opportunity for both sides, FG and transport companies.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Artscollection: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

The concept is simple

When will hou have sense? Contract without agreement is that one a contract.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by CHRISSANCHEZ(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2023
phemmie06:
tongue
How can 5 transport firm lift 5 million Nigerians? Who sold the idea to BAT led government and how much was the person paid for the idea?

LOL.... Bro I have reasoned this whole package and I was like, why is black people like this
5 transport companies to lift 5 million traveller's with how many buses??

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by uwuana: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
Should FG pay for passengers that haven't been lifted??

Should they just issue a blanket cheque without knowing the number of passengers lifted

stop talking gibberish here, even one of the MD say they have done this kind of thing two years back and they are still recovering from their losses,abi you didn't even bother to read the write up and you are just here defending this useless government.

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Alphanancy: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

50% transport reduction isn't scam

Atleast it had commenced on rail, while Luxury bus companies await further engagement

Just keep quiet abeg. Na your money dem go take buy diesel?
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Subonbon(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2023
Believe this man at your own peril grin
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by jucatyo12(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2023
Lolz, what do you expect the government to do
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by ajepako(f): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2023
Awon aburo mi Yarimo and Madridguy

As BAT did not include Epe and Ikorodu routes as part of the 50% discount nko

How una go take reach Epe for jollification?

Yarimo agaga wey I don arrange one fine and busty Hanna , one of my office surbodinates for cheesy cheesy

Ah, see as you miss big something grin

Eyah

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by HIPROFILE(m): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

The concept is simple

Bro when they announced this 50% fare waiver from this Government I said it will not fly reason because the transporters sure know how doing business with government goes let alone this present government again if you check the list of transport companies involved they are majorly owned by Igbos and believe you me they will request to see some upfront payment before embarking on such business move with this Tinubu government because there is a very high % of risk in such contract as they may not get their money after rendering the service and if they try to go to court you know what will happen. So bro if you are traveling this time using bus just make sure you have your complete fare before approaching the park else Agberos go use you shine. dont say I didnt tell you.

APC government love playing to gallery than coming out genuine.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Sunday2021: 10:46am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

You must always find a way of been biter to good development
you are a disgrace to your family. The billions sent to the unconstitutional office of the firstLady why was it done upfront?
When they are traveling to Dubai for Owambe the money was paid upfront.
When they wanted to buy cars for senators the money was paid upfront.
People like you are dangerously evil with the way you are supporting this evil and satanic regime.

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Evolutionism: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2023
grin grin grin

200Million Mumuss.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Sunday2021: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

One thing I agree with Buhari is that it is easier to control and please Cows, than ungrateful biter Nigerians

the worst humanbeings that deserve to be shut at close range are the praise singers. I swear if nigeria agree to arrest and do away with the praise singers these government will start working.
You guys are the problem of this country, you deserve to be shot at close range.

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Bimpe29: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2023
A good initiative that's really poorly planned.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by lugado: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2023
Big lie
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

The concept is simple

Does this trash you put up there make any sense to you??
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

You don't get the concept of this 50%

Now Tinubu is giving them 50% to cover loss, for passengers to also get 50% discount

Just shut up!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by ViceGovernor: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2023
PlayMaker14:
FG played the citizen Goal Goal and Over 2.5 πŸ˜‚
90 minutes and the match is still 0:0 😭
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Lovechyld101(m): 11:32am On Dec 22, 2023
Propaganda
Federal Scam Government of Nigeria.

They just said 50% reduction in fares it could be any price they didn’t specifically say how much the transportation company should collect if na 10k or 15k.
The train would only have one trip or two per day this is all scam. Tinubu is a 419 from Bat to BAAT we kno how the game goes make nobody tell us anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Falls Into Drainage In Akwa Ibom, Driver Feared Dead (Photos) / Atedo Peterside's Anap Jet Robbed At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Over 100 Residents Stranded As Flood Takes Over Their Estate In Lugbe, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.