Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls (27341 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Bamise: Passengers Stranded As BRT Suspends Operations / ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Whoknow: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2023
It is not enough to make policy but to monitor such policy for efficient implementation. The government should have taken proactive measure to knock what the masses go through during festive period and before now plan how to ease this difficulty.
The idea is a good one but the timing and planning on executing it is not enough.
We need government that think ahead of time.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by ChronicGp(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2023
Sanwo olu go soon sò owõ
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by samonyechi99: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2023
It's not a scam, they just refunded me half the amount I paid earlier. Though I made the full payment before the refund.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by coputa(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

50% transport reduction isn't scam

Atleast it had commenced on rail, while Luxury bus companies await further engagement

commenced what on rail when previous MOU's had not been met.Any serious government should have given the transport companies mobilization fees.Everything about this government is scam.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by coputa(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
samonyechi99:
It's not a scam, they just refunded me half the amount I paid earlier. Though I made the full payment before the refund.
This government is never proactive.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by ufotunang: 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
APC and Tinubu just scamming nigerians 🙄
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by madridguy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
Big sister, na Oga SanwoOlu go bring BRT for Epe which i believe he will.
Make i come chop fish for Epe? Also can you get me one Ada abi na Chindinma kiss Help your kid brother.

ajepako:

As BAT did not include Epe and Ikorodu routes as part of the 50% discount nko

How una go take reach Epe for jollification?

Yarimo agaga wey I don arrange one fine and busty Hanna , one of my office surbodinates for cheesy cheesy

Ah, see as you miss big something grin

Eyah

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by POLS: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Has anyone enjoyed the free train Ride?? Ibadan to Lagos precisely?
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by egoldman(m): 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

This transport companies are very unprofessional and don't know how Government contracts works

They don't pay you upfront

The concept is simple

Transport fare goes higher during yuletide because Passengers Traffic is one way, they travel to Villages and nobody returns to city till January

This makes Transport companies loose on return trips with empty busses

Now Tinubu is giving them 50% to cover loss on return trips, for passengers to also get 50% discount

Do you Sabi the biz pass them right?
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by wirinet(m): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
coputa:
This government is never proactive.
Proactive ke? Dat one na grammar. Tinubu just announce whatever he thinks in his mind, and his ministers, aids and supporters (including the N30k gang) scramble to look to excuses and justification for the announcement. The use of the word policy is a misnomer. Policy connotes some degree of planning and preparation.

Even after the fuel subsidy announcements, NNPC is still selling Petrol at less than international price (in dollar terms), meaning Nigerians are still paying subsidy on Petrol. The only difference now is that there is no budgetary provisions for it and the amount is hidden.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by aAK1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
They should have just paid them the difference in petrol.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

This transport companies are very unprofessional and don't know how Government contracts works

They don't pay you upfront

The concept is simple

Transport fare goes higher during yuletide because Passengers Traffic is one way, they travel to Villages and nobody returns to city till January

This makes Transport companies loose on return trips with empty busses

Now Tinubu is giving them 50% to cover loss on return trips, for passengers to also get 50% discount

Na who trust the FG dey take that kyn risk.
After doing it and the FG doesn't reimburse, what should they do ?
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by John4B: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nawa oh! Ppl still believe this government.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Gboom: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2023
Precious452:

I'm very sure you know nothing about feasibility study. Feasibility study takes account of every possible factor and determines the execution style and success rate of every program.
Why are we still having delays in execution after two days of announcement, if this government actually did a feasibility study?
Have you considered administrative lapses of both parties in your assertion?

Have you ever seen where a company gives mobilization for LPO?
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by tolulope967: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
Una never chi chon chin Una never chi chon chin ...
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Gidigrav(m): 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
Me i dey ma day jeje no be crime ti travel
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by villagereporter(m): 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

You must always find a way of been biter to good development

What is d good development. Are you so blinded by ethnicity to see dat Tinubu is offering nothing!
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Innomach(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nigerians don't trust their government. End of discussion.

quote author=Bliss52 post=127570072].
Should FG pay for passengers that haven't been lifted??

Should they just issue a blanket cheque without knowing the number of passengers lifted

[/quote]
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by yesloaded: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:

Well how do you expect FG to also pay for passengers not yet lifted, should they issue blanket cheques

Theres a way out to ensure transparency

Book your ticket online via specialized website for such and take the ticket to any of the specified bus station. Ensure travellers input their BVN during booking and make it one ticket per each BVN.
Re: Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls by Juniorangel(m): 8:14am On Dec 23, 2023
This is just Scam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Over 100 Residents Stranded As Flood Takes Over Their Estate In Lugbe, Abuja / Taiwanese Delivery Man Falls Asleep, Smashes Into 4 Ferraris Worth $1.6million / Trump Immigration Policy Will Reduce Number Of Nigerians In Strategic Profession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.