Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions (24903 Views)

CBN Lifts FX Restrictions On Milk, Dairy Products Import To Crash Prices / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by MrBONE2(m): 6:01am On Dec 23, 2023
grin
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Vincentchris4u: 6:03am On Dec 23, 2023
This news is very good, expecially we funding an account with crypto. Because of d ban I lost $140 to scammers on p2p transaction and it will reduce dependent on Dollars and bring the price down. Let's give this government a chance to see how they help us achieve our dreams in different ways. Policies is key to development

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Inosky(m): 6:04am On Dec 23, 2023
Confused statement by confused government

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Fenomenal124(m): 6:07am On Dec 23, 2023
[quote author=thelegend1 post=127582855]Does anyone here deal in bulk BTC?
10 units and above

Dm me boss. I trade all digital assets. Plus Nigerian govt never said you can't trade cryptocurrency, but it was not a recognized method of payments in our local banks because the former emefiele thought they were using the platform to promote terrorism and money laundering. That's why most exchange peer to peer in trading had their own rules when transacting with a Nigerian user. But after now, I think cbn is telling those same banks to start accepting crypto funds and they've seen the economic growth it will bring to the country!!

D'great Investment and Online Trading Service LTD!!
0+8+1+4+50+8+9+9+2+6
WhatsApp me if you have any deals. We dey deliver like the Hebrew women😎

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by drerocker: 6:10am On Dec 23, 2023
Blacklion3:
Bad move... Crypto currency is a scam.
Its the same pyramid scheme similar to MMM but even more devilish.
Crypto is like trading tin air. What nonsense coin are you buy and selling? These are simple financial questions

It can cripple a company's economy
Are still in 1820 think ahead bros
Even native doctor de upgrade
Are u ok

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Fenomenal124(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2023
[quote author=iwaeda post=127581816]

https://punchng.com/breaking-cbn-lifts-ban-on-cryptocurrency/

This is goodnews for all digital assets traders. Best news I've heard this year. Alas, we can now trade in peace

5 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by LegitDeals247: 6:14am On Dec 23, 2023
TheGiftedOne:
What I just read is like saying you can kill a goat for meat but you mustn't chew it before you swallow.

The most confusing piece of crap I've seen in a long while. Nonsense circular with no iota of clarity.

I swear. Zero clarity

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Mosba: 6:15am On Dec 23, 2023
What I can deduced from one president making one law and the next repealing it despite they are from the same party is that the APC has direction on how to govern Nigeria and make it great. It's individualistic idea of how each person sees things and think it should work otherwise known as no direction.
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by morikee: 6:20am On Dec 23, 2023
They did saw the amount of Dollar transactions carried daily using P2P lol

4 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by yusufmurry: 6:25am On Dec 23, 2023
Until you lift ban on use of naira master/debit card for International transactions, stop float of naira in open market then I will commend you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Funjosh(m): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2023
Sincerely I don't understand the body of the news.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Inspirer1: 6:30am On Dec 23, 2023
Better we see the circular
Funjosh:
Sincerely I don't understand the body of the news.
As in ehn, all these newspapers be muddling things up.
Seeing the exact directive from cbn is better, even if they have to retype it word for word if they don't want us to have direct access.
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Hotice085: 6:38am On Dec 23, 2023
jara:
Another avenue like new generation banks of Society General to attract naive people and loot.

Which country has crypto currency EPP?

Mumu yesterday today and forever, wetin you know no you will never know

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by cjudy(m): 6:39am On Dec 23, 2023
Blacklion3:
Crypto is like trading tin air. What nonsense coin are you buy and selling? These are simple financial questions

They sleep, they play

You’re dumb. Go and learn crypto and see the magic. Crypto like Bitcoin is not money doubler or MMM

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by dNortherner(m): 6:39am On Dec 23, 2023
Dididrumz:
This news no clear at all.

Them lift crypto ban abi then no lift crypto ban?

Headline says one thing, body says another thing...
Mi see same thing pal. Oga iLegendd don see shege.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Hotice085: 6:40am On Dec 23, 2023
Inspirer1:
Better we see the circular

As in ehn, all these newspapers be muddling things up.
Seeing the exact directive from cbn is better, even if they have to retype it word for word if they don't want us to have direct excess.

English hard no be lie, shey make them write for ya mother tongue B4 you go sabi anything
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by papiilo(m): 6:42am On Dec 23, 2023
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Salowise: 6:42am On Dec 23, 2023
Macelliot:
Lifting Crypto ban will crash the Dollar price..
Let's see if we can buy crypto with our bank card, also it'll affect crypto exchange guys.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by dNortherner(m): 6:45am On Dec 23, 2023
panpan:
In February 2021, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) restricted the use of cryptocurrency in Nigeria, because the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) complained that 200 to 300 million dollars was transferred each week from the United States (US) to Nigeria using cryptocurrency.

The restriction only served the interests of the United States. The US did not ban cryptocurrency in their own country.

The lifting of this restriction is a welcome development.

Please go through the news content and then please get back to us. Thanks.
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Samade7: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2023
Macelliot:
Lifting Crypto ban will crash the Dollar price..

I pray o
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by UncleKoboko: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Foolish emilokan don go steal Osibanjo idea
Or-deh

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Xox1945(m): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2023
Avenue to loot more what a country
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by benqo01(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2023
This is very confusing
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by bluefilm: 7:11am On Dec 23, 2023
Best news so far
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by equity1(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2023
Dididrumz:
This news no clear at all.

Them lift crypto ban abi then no lift crypto ban?

Headline says one thing, body says another thing...
It has been lifted . Both headline and the body said same thing. The only thing is that Banks can not trade on crypto or move their assets to crypto, it is for customers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by jaephoenix(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2023
Blacklion3:

Since crypto is thin air, can you touch forex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by nobilie: 7:18am On Dec 23, 2023
The ban on crypto was one of the recommendations tendered to buhari as medium the youths enpowered themselves and financed EndSars (which he buhari believed it was a move to demarket and remove him from office).
Govt know there's hug money in crypto why dey pushed e-naira that failed from inception.
Just dey watch this govt oooo

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:20am On Dec 23, 2023
Blacklion3:

No one is forcing you to get involved in it, bros.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by membranus: 7:22am On Dec 23, 2023
yusufmurry:
Until you lift ban on use of naira master/debit card for International transactions, stop float of naira in open market then I will commend you

Until you provide the scarce dollars for the government and banks to do so, then I will know you are talking sense.
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by ZUBY77(m): 7:24am On Dec 23, 2023
Blacklion3:

Go back to school

5 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Dididrumz(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2023
equity1:
It has been lifted . Both headline and the body said same thing. The only thing is that Banks can not trade on crypto or move their assets to crypto, it is for customers.

Okay...

Maybe I'll need to go through it again.
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by SayNo2SmallPrik: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Foolish emilokan don go steal Osibanjo idea
Till May 2027, then till 2031 again. Stop crying now before it’s too late

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mastercard Card Or Visa Card: Which Nigerian Banks Offer The Cheapest And Best / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.