Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions (24916 Views)

CBN Lifts FX Restrictions On Milk, Dairy Products Import To Crash Prices / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by twosquare(m): 7:35am On Dec 23, 2023
When they know that the bull run is almost here. They too want to cash out.

Thanks to Bat's administration.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by SirLakes: 7:59am On Dec 23, 2023
TheGiftedOne:
What I just read is like saying you can kill a goat for meat but you mustn't chew it before you swallow.

The most confusing piece of crap I've seen in a long while. Nonsense circular with no iota of clarity.

I think say na only me see am like so, and people bin rejoicing grin
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Caseless: 7:59am On Dec 23, 2023
May God punish Emiefele.

While he was busy stealing, he denied people opportunity to bring in money into the economy. We were now helping Ghana economy at the expense of our own.

Very useless man.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by FuckingNaira: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2023
Offpointng:
This is needed as against next year. if you know u know cool
Omo nxt year go be financial tsunami

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:02am On Dec 23, 2023
Dididrumz:
This news no clear at all.

Them lift crypto ban abi then no lift crypto ban?

Headline says one thing, body says another thing...

Them lift am just mixing up if different information in one piece. The person that put up this should be flogged grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by jaxxy(m): 8:05am On Dec 23, 2023
hmmm
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:06am On Dec 23, 2023
Bogney:
I donโ€™t understate what i just read. The headline and the body are two diff thing

Ban lifted, leave the writer alone he is hungry grin

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by omoadeleye(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2023
TheGiftedOne:
What I just read is like saying you can kill a goat for meat but you mustn't chew it before you swallow.

The most confusing piece of crap I've seen in a long while. Nonsense circular with no iota of clarity.

Or probably you are the dummy

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by webtutorr: 8:41am On Dec 23, 2023
Honestly, I don't understand this news.
This country just confuse.
Headline said lift ban, body talking another thing. Hmmm, nwaaoo
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by WantsandMore: 8:45am On Dec 23, 2023
Hmmm fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Truths9ja: 8:50am On Dec 23, 2023
Good news here. I can now find my crypto wallet via my bank account. Nice directive from cardoso here
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by jojothaiv(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2023
Dididrumz:

I've been having problems with some topics on nairaland since its recent sabbatical, the OP can proofread and do things better next time.

I've seen folks lose the funds in their account just because a simple narration that involves CRYPTO was included in the transfer remarks.
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by FuckingNaira: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2023
twosquare:
When they know that the bull run is almost here. They too want to cash out.

Thanks to Bat's administration.
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by bluefilm: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2023
Offpointng:

What is happening next year?
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by spartachico(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2023
After Una don chop ham finish and leaving the crumbs to us to start loosing our funds abi

ENKR
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by ultimatebas(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2023
Offpointng:

Blackrook,Vanguard, Fidelity etc spot ETFs. Bitcoin Halving and cut in interest rates by US govt starting from mid next year. wink
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Elliotwaveforec: 9:01am On Dec 23, 2023
Bye bye to P2P, good news to Naira!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by spiSeyi: 9:02am On Dec 23, 2023
iwaeda:
Government of no direction. One step forward, 5 steps backwards grin grin grin grin
You the clueless one jere grin , Nigeria would have earned massive FX from crypto if PMB did not barn it undecided because Nigeria was the second-largest crypto market when PMB restricted it. With this development, there will be more FX inflow.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by yusufmurry: 9:16am On Dec 23, 2023
membranus:

Until you provide the scarce dollars for the government and banks to do so, then I will know you are talking sense.

Continue, na same fail govt he will leave as usual like other.

Tinubu just wanted to be president with no plans like Buhari
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Afonja2000: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2023
This is good news for our teeming population if it is true, any news from this present government can be refuted at any moment. Crypto currency has the capacity to create more sources of income especially for the unemployed and underemployed thereby lifting more Nigerians out of poverty line, the positives outweighs the negatives, I just hope this is true.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by bukarolz: 9:39am On Dec 23, 2023
Mugu

jara:
Another avenue like new generation banks of Society General to attract naive people and loot.

Which country has crypto currency EPP?
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by aylipple: 9:40am On Dec 23, 2023
I'm confused; it appears to be true that Nigerians have a comprehension problem. I read that news report once & I immediately understood what the CBN said so when I read comments that suggest the report was ambiguous, I wonder if I read something else.

Anyways, the summary is CBN has unbanned Cryptocurrency/virtual assets. It, however, maintained its stance that Banks & other financial institutions cannot use depositors funds to buy or trade crypto or other virtual assets. Individuals & businesses involved in cryptocurrency trading can now legally channel their fiat currencies through the banks without any fear of their accounts being closed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by cybersoldiers: 9:47am On Dec 23, 2023
Confused Fools.

Have these idiots removed the restrictions they placed on people's accounts for buying or trading Crypto?

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Kingzjayzee: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2023
Dididrumz:

when head and body no agree, no be confusion be that? grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by Aremolekunowo(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2023
Yeah this is a great news and a very welcome development.
The new people in CBN seems to know what they are doing because the next bull run that is coming by April 2024 will be so mad, to the extent that if you invest just 10$ it will give u minimum of a 1k$, 100$ of some shit coins will give 10K usd profits.
More over next year bull run is not just ordinary bull run it's a institutional bull run and bit coin halving because crypto is now 17 years old by next year the big financial institutions are coming in to mope up most of the bitcoin and other assets in crypto space.
I have personally notice at least 4 different crypto projects that will give at least 15,000% profits in next bull run coming by April.
This is my advice to those that want to buy bitcoin and Ethereum please hold on for now because by February next year they will decrease in value by at leat 20% before April bull run and it will never come down again because hedge funds and other big guys will mope up the available one in the cyber space.
So if you want to be a billionaire or multi million next year go and be saving money now to buy viable crypto projects from 10 February. And put the following projects in your watch list that will give you minimum of 10k% profits that is any amount u invest just add 2 zeros to it that will be your minimum profits in few months and make sure you buy some bitcoin too the price is going all the way up to 150k usd.just wait for it to depress by February then buy through your exchange and never be tempted to sell before it cross 100k so you don't regret selling prematurely.
So watch out for these few projects
1.Dream quest
2.Ertha
3.Melos
4. Karate. Put them in your watch list they will make you millions or billions depending on what you invest.
Hope these helps ๐Ÿ™ you cabn use Kucoin or okx.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by elonize(m): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2023
Blacklion3:
Bad move... Crypto currency is a scam.
Its the same pyramid scheme similar to MMM but even more devilish.
Crypto is like trading tin air. What nonsense coin are you buy and selling? These are simple financial questions

It can cripple a company's economy
n yet,its d future...u will b part of d scam in few years time..dey here dey make mouth๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by eteebanky1: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2023
Wow, this means we'll be buying our Dollars directly from Bank

No more P2P
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2023
omoadeleye:

Or probably I am the dummy

I concur ๐Ÿ’ฏ%
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by eteebanky1: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2023
yusufmurry:
Until you lift ban on use of naira master/debit card for International transactions, stop float of naira in open market then I will commend you

They already lift the ban on naira MasterCard na

Most of the banks disabled it cos of fluctuating naira
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by elonize(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2023
Vincentchris4u:
This news is very good, expecially we funding an account with crypto. Because of d ban I lost $140 to scammers on p2p transaction and it will reduce dependent on Dollars and bring the price down. Let's give this government a chance to see how they help us achieve our dreams in different ways. Policies is key to development
because dey did 1 tin,doesn't mean we shud give dem chance... Look at APC history.. 1 good tin,den 10bad tin..dats how dey
operate
P2p smtimes scares me cos of scammers
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by elonize(m): 10:28am On Dec 23, 2023
drerocker:

Are still in 1820 think ahead bros
leave am,e nor know say na d future b crypto
Re: CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions by fineboynl(m): 10:29am On Dec 23, 2023
Crypto currency is audio ban. It only increase the price against naira. Who loses at the end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / Mastercard Card Or Visa Card: Which Nigerian Banks Offer The Cheapest And Best / Earn N10,000 Daily With This POS At N15,500/device. Instant Transactions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.