Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 (22528 Views)

Dauda Lawal: Supreme Court Orders EFCC To Return ₦9Bn To Ex-Bank Director / Babachir Lawal In Villa, 13 Months After Sack / Lady Implicates Aisha Buhari Sister Maryatu, Babchir Lawal In N50 Million Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by fergie001: 11:47am On Dec 23, 2023
Dauda Lawal is currently, the Governor of Zamfara State

The Supreme Court on Friday ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to release the N9 billion it seized from a former Executive Director of First Bank, Dauda Lawal.

In a unanimous judgement, the five-man panel, led by Justice Muhammad Lawal Garba, dismissed the appeal filed by the EFCC against the judgement of the Court of Appeal which, among other things, ordered that:

“The decisions of the Federal High Court, Coram Judice: Hassan, J. delivered in Suit No: FHC/L/CS/13/2017 on 16th February 2017 are hereby set aside. The order of final forfeiture of the sum of N9,080,000,000.00 (Nine Billion and Eighty Million Naira) to the Federal Government of Nigeria is hereby set aside. It is hereby ordered that the said sum of N9,080,000,000.00 (Nine Billion and Eighty Million Naira) be returned to the Appellant forthwith.”

The above judgment, delivered by the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division, was in Appeal No CA/LAG/CV/480/2019 DAUDA LAWAL V. EFCC & ANOR dated March 25, 2020.

The Supreme Court judgement, which unanimously affirmed and upheld the above decision of the Court of Appeal in Appeal No: SC.212/2020, EFCC v. DAUDA LAWAL.

In its judgment Friday, the Supreme Court upheld affirmed and determined that the order of final forfeiture of the sum of N9,080,000,000.00 made against Mr Lawal be set aside and rescinded; and that the said sum of N9,080,000,000.00 be returned to Mr Lawal forthwith.

The above judgment given by the Supreme Court of Nigeria brings to a close the case by EFCC against Mr Lawal which began in May 2016 when the EFCC accused him of money laundering and of obtaining monies suspected to be proceeds of unlawful activities.

On October 7, 2020, the Federal High Court, Lagos Division discharged and acquitted Mr Lawal of the offences of money laundering, obtaining monies suspected to be proceeds of unlawful activities and the other charges brought against him by the EFCC in Charge No FHC/L/419C/2018 FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA V. DAUDA LAWAL.

https://www.nairaland.com/6456911/dauda-lawal-supreme-court-orders#99837169

Previous Thread:

My husband and my entire family members including my Nigeria lawyer based in the United Kingdom knew my relationship with Dauda Lawal Dare, the current Zamfara State governor whom I entrusted over 9 billion dollars for safe keeping while he was the Executive Director of the First Bank Nigeria PLC .

“Unfortunately, it has now come to a point that Mr Dauda Lawal is no longer picking my phone calls and even worked in Collaboration with UK police to put me under Surveillance, may be to claim the money I entrusted to him when I die.”

https://www.nairaland.com/7947368/im-dying-cancer-allow-me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by TemplarLandry: 11:48am On Dec 23, 2023
cool
Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by DatNiggaDaz: 11:48am On Dec 23, 2023
..is he a member of the higher muslim caliphate HMC

Your guess is a good as mine. Looted money can be returned to members of the HMC.

Kyari nko. He was re-appointed by the lower muslim after all the corruption that took place under his watch grin grin

HMC Hadi nko, the former Aviation Minister who looted billions under his watch for a fathom Air Nigeria

Where is the female higher muslim caliphate HMC of Finance who looted funds under the pretext of social intervention programnes

Servitude is a cancer

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by MrProlific95: 11:53am On Dec 23, 2023
North don't rate Nigeria when it doesn't serve their interest

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by favor914: 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2023
MrProlific95:
North don't rate Nigeria when it doesn't serve their interest
Shut up.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by JASONjnr(m): 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2023
Diezani was right about this.....

And Daura seems to be having more grounds on stealing the money.

Corruption doesn't know tribe ...... But we always point fingers and accusing tribes....

Until we cancel this mentality, we will never have a working Nigeria.

Was it N9billion or $9billion?

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by erico2k2(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
fergie001:

Previous Thread:

My husband and my entire family members including my Nigeria lawyer based in the United Kingdom knew my relationship with Dauda Lawal Dare, the current Zamfara State governor whom I entrusted over 9 billion dollars for safe keeping while he was the Executive Director of the First Bank Nigeria PLC .

“Unfortunately, it has now come to a point that Mr Dauda Lawal is no longer picking my phone calls and even worked in Collaboration with UK police to put me under Surveillance, may be to claim the money I entrusted to him when I die.”

Money don enter voicemail

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by bigdammyj: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
Reading...
Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by seunmsg(m): 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
A proper investigation with Diezani as the star witness will now be done.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
How did he earn such amount as just a bank ED?

23 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by merits(m): 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
fergie001:

Previous Thread:

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by manutdrichie(m): 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
grin
Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Zico5(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2023
See as these fools are playing us. 9 billions dollars for just one person then how much did Jonathan, Buhari loot on their own. The problem of Nigeria is the leaders. They have destroyed many things totally. All the money borrowing left and right automatically end in the hands of few. God punishment is already on them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Paparazzi109: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2023
Steal 9bn. Used 3bn settle cases then keep 6bn. Nigeria my cunt tree

25 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Afamed: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2023
We are getting closer

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by RandomFellow: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2023
Wow!!! I'm among the few that believe Nigeria will get better. But right now, I don't know if she will get better in my lifetime. What kind of thievery is this?? Ahhhh... My chest!

12 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by faceland: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
How did he earn such amount as just a bank ED?

He needs an offshore account like others.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Maize247(f): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lawal is covered with immunity presently

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by faceland: 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2023
Paparazzi109:
Steal 9bn. Used 3bn settle cases then keep 6bn. Nigeria my cunt tree

3bn is a lot of money to give Judges. That is 3000 millions (where would they hide it, how can they explain earning it?).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Shimbo96(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2023
Zico5:
See as these fools are playing us. 9 billions dollars for just one person then how much did Jonathan, Buhari loot on their own. The problem of Nigeria is the leaders. They have destroyed many things totally. All the money borrowing left and right automatically end in the hands of few. God punishment is already on them
where you see 9billion dollar? So you think billionaire in dollar is easy? 😂

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by cjudy(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
grin
This is the kind of Security and Investigative agency we have in Nigeria. I have told many people in Nigeria, EFCC should be changed to YBFCC (Yahoo Boys Financial Crime Commission) . They lack what it takes to to investigate and win criminal and financial cases and that’s why the politicians are proud to steal and embezzle any amount of money and nothing will happen. EFCC can only bark and once you settle the Oga’s at the top forget it, your case is won. My fear now is that the 9billion Supreme Court ordered for refund might have be embezzle too by some element in EFCC.

Yeye Corntree

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by carzeem1: 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2023
Only poor people are sold hope of a better Nigeria. Country is on stage 4 Cancer in corruption. It can't be redeemed. The death is when we don't know but it will definitely be in a decade or two.
No country can survive this level of pillaging and corruption for so long.

Both private and public sector, all elites is different spaces in Nigeria are only waiting and praying for their turn to cut their pound of flesh from the bleeding country

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by toffyz(m): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Diezani was right about this.....

And Daura seems to be having more grounds on stealing the money.

Corruption doesn't know tribe ...... But we always point fingers and accusing tribes....

Until we cancel this mentality, we will never have a working Nigeria.

Was it N9billion or $9billion?

I think it's #9b.
It can never be $9b. Impossible!!

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by jaxxy(m): 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2023
Where did the 9billion come from is the question?

That one saying Is entrusted 9billion dollars with first bank like it fell from the sky or they pick it on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Zico5(m): 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2023
Shimbo96:
where you see 9billion dollar? So you think billionaire in dollar is easy? 😂
Go and read the last thread on Allison Madueke, then u will see where he confessed to 9 billion dollars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by JASONjnr(m): 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2023
toffyz:

I think it's #9b.
It can never be $9b. Impossible!!

But her initial post on front-page carried $9billion...
Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Sellfastng: 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
Sellfast.ng is set to become the best and most efficient online Classified Ads space in Nigeria and Africa. Our Classified Ads platform has been designed to give the best exposure and visibility to advertisers’products and services from the four corners of Nigeria.

Our vision is to provide satisfying experience to both the sellers and buyers on this platform while ensuring optimum safety and security of all stakeholders.

We believe that we have what it takes to emerge as the best and most user friendly Online Classified Ads space in Nigeria and beyond.

We seek to provide users (buyers and sellers) with the the unbeatable opportunities to reach their target meet and close deals safely and seamlessly.

The large Sellfast.ng’s user community we are building will create very profound opportunity for advertisers to reach millions of buyers and patrons across the length and breadth of the Nigerian consumer base FREE or at very affordable rates.

Whether it is Automobile, Real Estate, Services, Vacancies, Sports, Manufacturing or Fashion, etc, there is space for everyone and everything on Sellfast.ng.

Happy selling on Sellfast.ng!!!

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by frog12: 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
EFCC IS WORTHLESS

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Donedeal1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2023
Dieziani corrupted Dare

Now Dare had moved on

Dieziani is down with cancer

Dare you had better repent

And turn away from looting.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 by Bluntemperor: 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2023
There is a somewhat a confusion here- the woman complaining says Dollars 9$ Billions,then the new judgement says - N9Billions,so which one is correct or is in conflict?
But the NBILLIONS now is presumed to be for Governor,so what about when many Governors in Nigeria are Billionaires?
Please,make una de remember Common Man o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SSS Excavate “Boxes” From Amigo Supermarket / "I Don’t Want To Contest Again" - Fayose / Bomb Blast In Amaranmati Village, Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.