Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? (30802 Views)

South Africa Home Affairs Extends Validity Period For Visas / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by GreaterFuture(m): 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2023
I've come across these talks here and there on some places, both offline and online.
Is it true that getting Visas to North America & Europe is easier in Some West African countries? Like much much significantly easier?
Even very 'small' countries like Benin and Togo?

I'm not going to touch on Other parts of Africa cos I don't know much about them there, I know more about our very close neighbours here, and feel more connected to them.
Although I think when I think about it, I can see how some N. African and southern African countries will have it easier at their end.
But this out west Africa is what I'm very much intrigued with and interested to know.

Please share your thoughts and inputs.

2 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by ednut1(m): 1:10am On Dec 24, 2023
GreaterFuture:
I've come across these talks here and there on some places, both offline and online.
Is it true that getting Visas to North America & Europe is easier in Some West African countries? Like much much significantly easier?
Even very 'small' countries like Benin and Togo?

I'm not going to touch on Other parts of Africa cos I don't know much about them there, I know more about our very close neighbours here, and feel more connected to them.
Although I think when I think about it, I can see how some N. African and southern African countries will have it easier at their end.
But this out west Africa is what I'm very much intrigued with and interested to know.

Please share your thoughts and inputs.
the statistics for 2022 for B visa ( visit and the likes)

But in 2021 Ghana and Togo rejection was less than 20%, Benin 32% and Nigeria over 40% rejection. You can check for other years
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY22.pdf

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Gboyegasad: 11:30am On Dec 26, 2023
Make all of us no apply for a whole year if dem no go beg us...

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by FlawlessKarl: 11:30am On Dec 26, 2023
shocked

God will continue to punish Nigeria in all ramifications. This sinking zoo will continue to be a joke . Very useless country in all standard with the most useless clownish president ever🤡🤡🤡🤡

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by atiku4President(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Maybe
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Snipespeter: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
When you meet other west African people in Europe, you will know that Nigerians get visa to Europe easily once you meet the requirements

37 Likes

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by dibunotion(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
It's due to the number of persons requesting for visa in Nigeria compare to other west African nationals

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Mosba: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Espectedly, it's harder for Nigeria than even other West African countries because on every drug news a representative of Nigeria usually from that landl..... name will get mentioned names that starts with Ch,, Ob have spilled our image before the international communities.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Coldspice: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Nigerian visa is one of the hardest to get.
Do you know Nigeria once denied Bill Gates visa?

That is why the biggest punishment you can give to these Lebanese, Indians and Asians misbehaving in Nigeria is to threaten to report them to Immigration. They will start begging immediately.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by orohbirodeysmel: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Ok, my own be say, is it true that Kazakhstan is Visa free for Nigerians...

Please any confirmation
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Chijeep(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
K
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:32am On Dec 26, 2023
Afunja oluba people have destroyed the country ever since pdp left

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by SouthSouth1914: 11:34am On Dec 26, 2023
Nigeria is a disgrace to
It’s sister nations!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Olutozn54(m): 11:34am On Dec 26, 2023
Our population plenty. We full everywhere

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by mejetov422: 11:35am On Dec 26, 2023
Hi
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by RALPHOW(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2023
Some of these countries are not up to a local government in Nigeria.
If all of them decided to relocate, Canada can absolve all of them.
Also their citizens are very poor, only few people can afford Air Tickes.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by honestivo(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2023
If not bad leadership Nigeria would have been one of the sort after nation in the world 🌎

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by joebeckz(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2023
Before you blame these countries for denying us Visas.
Lets be honest with effect of bad publicity.
Nigerians abroad have resulted to yahoo yahoo, love sham fraud, and all forms of illegal doings.
These things have affected our reputation alot.
Our musicians also glorify yahoo yahoo in their music, alot of Nigerians are dishonest. We find a way to rip the next person we come in contact with.
This is festive season. Look how prices of goods sky rocket, we look for every opportunity to get more money for ourselves even if it lays burden on the next neighbor.
We are selfish, we care about nobody but ourselves, we dent our image, our leaders are worse and we are not left out cos an average Nigerian is thinking of ways to better himself no matter the means. Give an average Nigerian a chance to be governor for a week. He will steal alot not to be poor for the rest of his life. That's the mentality some Nigerian take with them abroad and this has created a doubt that affects even the genuine Nigerians.

We didn't help ourselves, we don't accept ourselves, we don't love each other, we only steal from one another, why should we expect another country to accept us.

I have been to smaller African countries,and I understood that Nigeria only has population and resource as advantage. If these countries had same privilege, they will be far developed because they have values,respect, less corruption, accountability and alot that we lack.

But in spite of all these shortcomings.
We still have a good visa approval rate.
Why I say good is because we have a huge number of applications to all top destinations monthly.
Some smaller nations have less people applying cos of affordability.

So let's thank God for the numbers we are getting.

But above all, we need to change our ways when abroad.

Honesty is a virtue we should all wear.
Stop drugs, stop scamming people in the name of they scammed our ancestors. You are simply a thief.
Stop over staying, apply for visas with genuine intentions.
You have pathways that can make you stay longer. Choose those pathways if you intend to stay longer.

Don't apply for tourist and abscond.
You are giving the next applicant a tough time cos of your actions.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by layuns(m): 11:38am On Dec 26, 2023
Nigerians have an easy visa to most European countries and some of the developed countries in the UK and USA. Just have a clean sheet and voila. Most people that gets rejected are found with questionable financial detailing and in character.

11 Likes

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by darocha1: 11:39am On Dec 26, 2023
Yes it is.

For instance, a large % of beninoise will rather travel to France, Belgium than go to UK, USA.

They ply the francophone route more than anglophone countries. So, when their embassy sees 10 out of 500 applying to anglophone countries, they know the few stand out and the % of approval I high.

However, the cases is different if a Nigerian goes to Benin rep, Togo or Senegal to apply. They treat you as the japa Nigerian that you are. Except you are able to show that you work and earn in that country amongst other things.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by shfizle(m): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2023
The stats you posted doesn't even support your claim, Nigeria's 25.8% refusal is lower than Ghana, Togo and Benin, meaning a higher approval percentage compared to the countries listed.

But even if it didn't... Nigerians have not clocked that we suffer all the disadvantages of high population and none of the benefits. A lot of reasons for relatively high rejection rate but application numbers is a major one.

Shey 10% approval of 1 million applications no plenty pass 75% of 100,000? Una wan go do population replacement for Yankee?

"Nigeria no good", bet una still dey born anyhow 😂😂

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Cameland: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2023
Don't base it on percentage. Get the fact right. How many people were rejected. If 100 Ghana people applied and 50 percent were rejected that's 50 people. If 500 Nigerians applied and 50 percent were rejected that 250. So let us know in figure. I was told about a report written some times ago that "Report in UK says that 60 percent of a particular country citizens die during child birth in the UK and NHS sent doctors and Nurses to that location. But the population of that country citizens in the specified location in UK is just 27."

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Dittodat: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2023
It's possible.

Nigerians have higher refusal rate probably because of fraud.
Also the number of Nigerians applying is way much higher than almost all other African countries.
Nigerians are known all over the world for cunning,, lying, forging documents and just untrustworthyness hence they have a higher burden to prove their intentions.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by money121(m): 11:46am On Dec 26, 2023
Yes
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by MykellOni(m): 11:46am On Dec 26, 2023
A
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by TYCO77: 11:51am On Dec 26, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
ednut1:

But in 2021 Ghana and Togo rejection was less than 20%, Benin 32% and Nigeria over 40% rejection. You can check for other years
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY22.pdf

What is the number of application from each country?
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by villagereporter(m): 11:53am On Dec 26, 2023
Mosba:
Espectedly, it's harder for Nigeria than even other West African countries because on every drug news a representative of Nigeria usually from that landl..... name will get mentioned names that starts with Ch,, Ob have spilled our image before the international communities.

And greatest of them all is d name that start with Ti, Mo and Hus.

For your information I am an Ekiti indigene.

1 Like

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by iHart(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2023
ednut1:

if we consider the population of the countries , our over 40% rejection may be lower than the 20% and 32% of Ghana, Togo and Benin. Considering the populations too, other countries may have more relative application fir visa than Nigeria
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by Princedapace(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2023
Mosba:

yea, same as Internet fraud which is more rampant and the name mentioned is always from the one that start with Se*n, A&o, Keh*nde
That region that claimed to be sophiscated has finished this country with fraud. The most wanted fraudstar who is currently in the US prison is also from that region. They have finished Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by shadownetinc: 11:59am On Dec 26, 2023
touted rwanda
Re: Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? by inoki247: 11:59am On Dec 26, 2023
Lol doz country how are they much like Nigeria....

So getting Visa in doz country might be easy because d Population applying for Visa in doz country are not as much as Nigeria if they're populated like Nigeria they will also be facing the same thing we are facing and doz country forging of documents is not rampant like Nigeria that can forge anything jus to leave the country..,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PSP Truck Parked At Thomas B/stop, Ikorodu For Over 5 Days (photo) / How Much Does Immigration Medical Exam Cost In Lagos / Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.