Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom (25981 Views)

My Wife Wants To Kill Me. What Should I Do? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by DrAkpamudehe: 12:13am On Dec 25, 2023
StraightGaay:
Why you go give your mother in law 10kg of rice?
Is she allergic to 50 kg, oga you no follow at all.

Is there anything wrong with you?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by StraightGaay: 4:40am On Dec 25, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

Is there anything wrong with you?
You be Akpa amu
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by BALLOSKI: 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Zonefree:

A wife that can't afford one bag of rice for her mother is a BIG liability to her husband.

- A man will kneel and beg a woman to marry him.

- Same man will pay bride price

- Same man will organize and foot the weeding bills.

- Same man will pay for hospital bills

- Same man will also take care of the wife's family

All just for procreation? undecided

Wetin man dey gain for marriage
And the same man will die before the woman and she's the one benefit the fruit of labour, as men usually don't get anything back.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by DrAkpamudehe: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2023
StraightGaay:
You be Akpa amu

Keep qaiet
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by StraightGaay: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

Keep qaiet
Ikpù
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Saintinoo(m): 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2023
Nazgul:

1.7m in Tinubu's Nigeria is rubbish. No thanks to inflation and high dollar rate.

Do you know that at child both a considerable amount of that money would go into the hospital expenses. After being discharged from the hospital, there are still other things you'll have to keep buying.

Baby soap and cream.

Napkins.

Baby milk formular.

Baby clothes.

Routine medical checkup.

Coupled with your regular household expenses.

If he does this consistently for 3 months, that 1.7m would finish.

That Akara woman, that civil servant earning 45k have also birthed children in the same inflation. You think saving 1.7m in this Tinubu administration is easy?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by searchlight: 11:28am On Dec 27, 2023
Esthered:

It's not a scam. It depends on the parties in the marriage.
My husband has lots on his hands and told me he wouldn't be doing anything for my parents and I told him not to bother as myself and my sister had sent money to her to stock the house for the festivities. I made sure to follow up that he does something for his peeps.
I as his wife supports his family's ministry monthly and I told him I can't do extra this season as I have lots too.
How many women are like you? Just about 10% or less. How am I sure that I could get your kind? Most women go into marriage with the mindset of living on the man's sweat and frustrating the man in the process.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2023
Klass99:

I really dont know why u keep deleting your comments after posting

Most of your comments are so great and valuable that they can serve as a future advice for those who would bump into those thread later in the decade.

Once i see your deleted comments, I have to keep scrolling down and opening more pages just to see where u get quoted by others and most time, I am lucky enough to find it

I would appreciate it if u stop deleting your comments for those reasons. Thanks

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Esthered: 8:16pm On Dec 27, 2023
searchlight:
How many women are like you? Just about 10% or less. How am I sure that I could get your kind? Most women go into marriage with the mindset of living on the man's sweat and frustrating the man in the process.
You can if you search and knowing what to look out for not ephemeral things like boobs and axx
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Klass99(f): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by bukatyne(f): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2023
lele007:
She isn't even saying you should buy rice for both mums, na her own mama she dey prioritize? Isn't your mum her mum too?

You done marry nonsense keep for house

@bold:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by bukatyne(f): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2023
Ubanz:
Everyone is just talking, no one knows how long it took him to save that much.
It's not mandatory that u should send anyone anything,what is mandatory is the bride price u paid.

When your wife delivers safely your mother in-law would still visit ,you can gift her a bag of rice & any other things u can afford.

If u tamper with the money now ur so called in-laws will make mockery of u if God forbid ur wife has complications during delivery.

Some years ago my friend lost his wife because he couldn't raise the required amount for CS on time.she died before the twin boys were rescued. It was so unfortunate that weeks after my friend discovered where his wife hid some 100's of 1000's of Naira.

Don't listen to anybody telling you to tamper with ur savings,afterall it's Jesus birthday not theirs.

Wait, she had some savings & couldn't bring it out on her death bed?

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by bukatyne(f): 10:50am On Dec 31, 2023
Icesnow:
In as much as you've got a point but this is just u generalising. Remember the Op didn't made mention that d wife has been demanding to gift her mum things. He only mentioned Xmas which means once a year. The op is very wrong and a bad inlaw. He could be a good father though buy he appears to me as a bad husband and an inlaw.

@bold:

Interesting.....

The wife's siblings who did not give their mom anything are not bad children; the OP himself who decided not to gift his mother anything is not a bad son.

Because he decided not to buy rice for his MIL only THIS YEAR because they are expecting a child, he is suddenly a bad in-law & husband.

Well, if the wife thinks like you, she has the option of quitting the marriage.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Ubanz: 11:23pm On May 02
bukatyne:

Wait, she had some savings & couldn't bring it out on her death bed?
Yes. The husband told me personally that when he was rearranging the house he discovered where his late wife hid her savings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.