Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership (12840 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load / Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Nukilia: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
Abeg, make una no vex o... The news says these refineries have been shut down for years...

If they have been shut down for years, do people still work there and are they paid? What exactly are the people there doing, and why is government still paying them?

Nigeria as a nation is a big scam
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Ayare: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
[quote author=Noblechykk post=127599056]The more you look...[/quote I don't know why are persons are just goat in this country
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Noblechykk(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
[quote author=Ayare post=127606473][/quote]
You are stammering
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Ayare: 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
beerfraud:
Written by IPOBidient
I don't know, some persons are just goat in this country
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Tareq1105: 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
Leadership and Arise TV, for how long would you guys remain in negativity?

No matter what you say or write, Nigeria and Nigerians would be great again under Tinubu administration.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by UNDFTD: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
This is exactly what I said. The refinery is not going to be operational NOT even in this dispensation.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by sulaak(m): 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
beerfraud:
Written by IPOBidient

Nope, the refinery is not ready; that is why the refinery is not requesting. crude oil from the NNPC
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Abufo: 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
Bobloco:

https://leadership.ng/port-harcourt-refinery-not-fully-ready-sources/#google_vignette

All these illiterate engineers they packed into NNPC based on quota system will never allow progress to be made in the oil refineries.......go and look for smart igbo engineers who delight in such fabrication works..........this is not cattle herding o! look for the people who God has blessed in that field! Innoson a high school dropout set up a world class assembly factory by himself silently ...and he has been running the outfit for nearly 20 years now...............slowly he and his nnewi crew have started an import substitution of some of the parts and components of his vehicles! Oilserv owned by another Anambra indigene designed and built most of all the gas pipelines built in the past 15 years.......ditto Nestoil! The largest privately owned and run electric generation plant was built in Abia state by prof barth Nnaji........If Tinubu knows what is good for him let him bring back prof barth nnaji to run his electric power sector...nnaji can put his geometric outfit in Aba in a blind trust management! A word is enuff for the .........!!
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Thinktwicemybro: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
Pakute:

Keep wailing, enemies of good news. You brought an article here yet you lack the mental capacity to read and understand. PH refinery has both old and new which is referred to as phase1 and 2. Rehabilitation has been completed on the 60,000 old refinery as promised while second one with 150,000 capacity would be completed Q4,2024.
You headless mobs always dey look for something wey no lost, your Agulu fraud has lost forever, make una rest.
Why are you crying
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Blaze14k: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
Pakute:

Keep wailing, enemies of good news. You brought an article here yet you lack the mental capacity to read and understand. PH refinery has both old and new which is referred to as phase1 and 2. Rehabilitation has been completed on the 60,000 old refinery as promised while second one with 150,000 capacity would be completed Q4,2024.
You headless mobs always dey look for something wey no lost, your Agulu fraud has lost forever, make una rest.

When I read a comment like this I just feel like giving up on this country cos people like u are not suppose to exist. You lack mental capacity to understand what is actually happening.. do u think people don't want that refinery to work? Most everything be tribal war for u

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by frog12: 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
i knew they were LYING grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Splashme: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2023
Scam government
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by khattab02: 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
Please FG if anything is not ready don't come out and say otherwise..

We have suffered failed promises and false hope.

God help Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by khattab02: 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2023
Blaze14k:

When I read a comment like this I just feel like giving up on this country cos people like u are not suppose to exist. You lack mental capacity to understand what is actually happening.. do u think people don't want that refinery to work? Most everything be tribal war for u
nice point my brother.
I find this tribal wars very disgusting.

If an Hausa man or ijaw man received the sticks while at the helm of affairs of Nigeria, why shouldn't the one on the sit?

If they have truly worked and delivered, there won't be any criticism.

Previously it used to be "suffering and smiling"

Now it is " suffering and severe crying"
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by khattab02: 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
Another thing again

I truly think Mele kyari has over stayed his welcome.

Nothing he has said, promised proposed has worked.

From Nnpc to NNpcL

Failure upon failure
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by Clobisman(m): 1:02am On Dec 25, 2023
Pakute:

Did we just read the same news or we understood differently? I understand that the government have paid online attackers who defend all their propaganda but this story is in black and white. Also does it mean that any voice that disagrees with the present government is from LP? I am perplexed.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership by BALLOSKI: 5:54am On Dec 25, 2023

“It’s crucial to note that the Old Port Harcourt Refinery (OPHR) being rehabilitated is 60,000 barrels per day, not 210, 000. The NNPC has communicated that the mechanical completion phase will be ready by December. The remaining steps include testing lines, checking for leaks, blowing and drying lines, flushing, steam out, equipment calibration, and then introducing hydrocarbons. Testing for air in the lines is vital to prevent potential explosions, aligning with global best practices.

“While eagerness exists to complete the project, it’s essential for NNPC Ltd, as a global energy company, to conduct all necessary checks and testing,” Soneye said.
Commenting on the developments, general secretary, Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association (PENGASAN), Lumumba Okugbawa, said the refinery was still undergoing test running, adding that Nigeria should be happy that something is happening to the refinery after many years of abandonment.
Naysayers should slow it down. Vanguard should be careful how they sensationalize this story. Every discerning mind knows they're steps to reigniting or kickstarting a refinery that has been moribund for quite a while. They should allow the process.

I also want to hear from the company handling this project.

“Nigeria should also note that the coming up of the refinery will not automatically crash the price of fuel in Nigeria. Fuel from the refinery will be sold at international price,” he stated.
I just hate to hear this nonsense. My own crude, my refinery and i'm to sell my product at international price. Who made that stupid rule in the first place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME / Ningi Replaced As Chairman Committee On National Identity / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.