Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt (1062 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Attends Aisha Achimugu's Birthday Party In Grenada / Atiku's Former Spokesman, Segun Showunmi, Visits Former President Buhari / Michael Achimugu: Atiku's Former Aide Now Senior Media Assistant To Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by Icartaway: 10:25am On Dec 24, 2023
In a surprising turn of events, Michael Achimugu, a former media aide to Atiku Abubakar, the 2023 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been appointed as the Director of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection at the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). This appointment comes after Achimugu had previously accused Atiku of corruption and financial impropriety, making headlines ahead of the 2023 presidential election.

In a candid interview with Television Continental (TVC), Achimugu boldly alleged corruption against his former boss, Atiku Abubakar, expressing his motivation as a desire to educate Nigerians and discourage them from voting for Atiku in the upcoming presidential election.

“Achimugu further claimed the former Vice President of Nigeria had plans to implement the killing of certain top government officials if he emerged as the winner of the 2023 presidential election.”

Despite these serious allegations, President Tinubu has chosen to appoint Achimugu to a significant role within the NCAA. This move comes just a week after President Tinubu approved the removal of all directors from aviation ministry agencies as part of a broader initiative to rejuvenate the country’s aviation sector.

The NCAA spokesperson, Carol Adekotujo, issued a statement on Saturday confirming Achimugu’s assumption of office at the NCAA headquarters in Abuja on Friday. This surprising appointment raises questions about the motives behind such a decision, especially considering the recent accusations made by Achimugu against Atiku Abubakar.

Before this new role, Achimugu served as the Special Assistant on Customer Relations and Special Assistant on Media to Festus Keyamo, the Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development. Keyamo, a former spokesperson for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, is well-known in political circles.

This unexpected twist in Achimugu’s career path, from a vocal critic to a significant role in the aviation sector, sparks intrigue and prompts the public to question the dynamics at play within the political landscape. The move also underscores the ongoing changes within the aviation ministry and the broader implications for the country’s political and administrative spheres.

As Nigerians grapple with the implications of this appointment, it remains to be seen how this development will impact both Atiku Abubakar’s political standing and the credibility of the aviation sector under Achimugu’s leadership. The unexpected nature of this appointment adds a layer of complexity to the already intricate political landscape as the nation approaches the 2023 presidential election.

https://thisweekng.com/from-accusations-to-appointment-atikus-former-aide-achimugu-gets-top-appointment-in-tinubus-govt/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by hisexcellency34: 11:10am On Dec 24, 2023
Sell-out

4 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by MrProlific95: 11:20am On Dec 24, 2023
Yahoo Yahoo Government

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by dominic17: 11:24am On Dec 24, 2023
Reward for betraying his formal boss, who knows APC must have used him to frame up Atiku. Believe Nigeria politicians at your own risk

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by omowolewa: 11:32am On Dec 24, 2023
TINUBU the chess master

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by jahsharon: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2023
omowolewa:
TINUBU the chess master

The god of Politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by Obiedun(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
dominic17:
Reward for betraying his formal boss, who knows APC must have used him to frame up Atiku. Believe Nigeria politicians at your own risk
Obi also deserted atiku. Obi is a desperate bigot

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by Obiedun(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Sell-out
Like obi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by dominic17: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2023
Is Obi the subject matter here or are addicted to Obi?
Obiedun:
Obi also deserted atiku. Obi is a desperate bigot
Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by Obiedun(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
dominic17:
Is Obi the subject matter here or are addicted to Obi?
Keep quiet. I know that since obi is mentioned your bp will rise.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
dominic17:

Conspiracy theorists

Like the atheists, u must also believe this organized and complex universe came into existence by a random explosion 💥 (how can explosion bring about orderly arrangements) that has just 0.11134×10000000 chances of ever happening at all

I swear, person gat mumu finish to believe in Atheism, their faith pass theists own🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by dominic17: 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2023
If you are not bigot, why would mention Obi when he is not the subject in discuss. I wonder how you feel free to always divert attention whenever atrocities if this evil party called APC is being discussed.
Obiedun:
Keep quiet. I know that since obi is mentioned your bp will rise.
Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by DaddyJapan(m): 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
Another political appointment without doubt. But as I think anyone in charge of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection at the NCAA should appreciate the contribution of whistle-blowers to probity, perhaps he fits the bill.

I will set aside my usual concerns about round pegs in square holes, to see if the Kogi State University alumnus can help improve standards as his antecedents suggests. cool

In video footage and audio conversations released by the former Vice President’s ex-aide and seen by SaharaReporters, Achimugu said, “One day in 2020, there were rumours that the Senate wanted to amend the requirements for the office of the president to raise the minimum qualification and Atiku felt that he was the target of that process, so he reached out to me via email and in that email, he said ‘Mike, I would prefer an institution in Nigeria where such qualifications may not be subject of scrutiny. Preferably a Polytechnic. I am under intense pressure. Please hurry up. Thanks, Atiku.’

Achimugu said, “He said that beyond the Senate, his children were also pressuring him to run for office and as such, they wanted him to acquire, through any means necessary, a higher certificate that will make him eligible to run for office. So, he wanted me to help him secure admission in any Polytechnic in Nigeria where he could purchase such a certificate without scrutiny.
Source: https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/16/atiku-has-31-children-hoping-become-multimillionaires-after-his-election-got-masters
Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by Faiththatworks(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hi
Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by Obiedun(m): 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2023
dominic17:
If you are not bigot, why would mention Obi when he is not the subject in discuss. I wonder how you feel free to always divert attention whenever atrocities if this evil party called APC is being discussed.
E pain am because I mentioned the name of his lord and saviour. As e dey pain am e dey sweet me. Obi is a bigot. A liar.
Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by Melagros(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
We know the eye service then, is anybody a kid anymore?
Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
dominic17:

When they talk of Tinubu being ‘good’ at playing Nigerian politics, this is just one example out of many that corroborates that assertion! He knows only how to bribe, entice, sabotage, bully and threaten his way to ‘victory’ and with his likes in politics don’t expect things to change for the better any time soon! His stock-in-trade is to entice members of the opposition with financial inducements to work against their party and its candidates, and we saw this play out with this Achimugu guy; with Apapa ‘faction’ in LP; and with the forgettable dolt who usurped the presidential ticket from Prof Muoghalu!

I have NO doubt Tinubus’ hand was involved in Prof Muoghalu not getting his party’s presidential ticket. At a point Muoghalus’ profile was raising so fast that he was getting endorsements left, right and centre from all regions of the country and his name was mentioned in the same breath with Peter Obi as the two candidates poised to realise the goal of Ndigbo producing the first Nigerian president since 1966! He was seen as a threat to the emilokan agenda, and his ambitions needed to be neutralised ASAP!

On a state level, the likes of Uzodinma practice similar dirty politics which saw Ihedioha leave PDP for him and the person he sponsored to clinch their gubernatorial ticket….i think his name is Sam Daddy or something like that!

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by favor914: 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Sell-out
Una go wail.
Re: Atiku’s Former Aide, Achimugu Gets Top Appointment In Tinubu’s Govt by favor914: 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

When they talk of Tinubu being ‘good’ at playing Nigerian politics, this is just one example out of many that corroborates that assertion! He knows only how to bribe, entice, sabotage, bully and threaten his way to ‘victory’ and with his likes in politics don’t expect things to change for the better any time soon! His stock-in-trade is to entice members of the opposition with financial inducements to work against their party and its candidates, and we saw this play out with this Achimugu guy; with Apapa ‘faction’ in LP; and with the forgettable dolt who usurped the presidential ticket from Prof Muoghalu!

I have NO doubt Tinubus’ hand was involved in Prof Muoghalu not getting his party’s presidential ticket. At a point Muoghalus’ profile was raising so fast that he was getting endorsements left, right and centre from all regions of the country and his name was mentioned in the same breath with Peter Obi as the two candidates poised to realise the goal of Ndigbo producing the first Nigerian president since 1966! He was seen as a threat to the emilokan agenda, and his ambitions needed to be neutralised ASAP!

On a state level, the likes of Uzodinma practice similar dirty politics which saw Ihedioha leave PDP for him and the person he sponsored to clinch their gubernatorial ticket….i think his name is Sam Daddy or something like that!
Please shut up.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Tinubu Supporter Wailing Bitterly On X / There Won't Be Wike To Rig For Tinubu In 2027 Election / Niger Delta a land flowing with oil and blood!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.