Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria (19464 Views)

Jobs Are Now Sold In FG Agencies Between 8million And 10million / 5 Jobs That Won't Exist In 10 Years / 5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Babysho(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
I'm 189cm tall, fresh out NYSC and I've recently began working my first 9-5 job in Lagos and inorder to cut costs, I've had to opt for public transportation and I've found that the leg room is never enough in both those yellow buses and the BRT. I'm tired of folding like jeans in suitcase, my back won kpeme and I'm not 30 yet. It's even worse in traffic.

First of all, I don't think 189cm is that tall. Also, I'm suspecting most of these buses are shipped in from Asia where the minimum height is the lowest in the world.

Tall Nigerian working class, how do you cope?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by SharingIsLife(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
I guess your main problem here is that you're not used to public transportation in Nigeria because you have your personal car. So my advice is that you should just try to get used to it. After all, there are many tall people that commute across Nigeria.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Babysho(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2023
SharingIsLife:
I guess your main problem here is that you're not used to public transportation in Nigeria because you have your personal car. So my advice is that you should just try to get used to it. After all, there are many tall people that commute across Nigeria.

It's impossible to get used to this but thank you. I'd like to get the perspective from tall people working in Lagos.

13 Likes

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Legendguy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
Not all sit are discomfort able in public vehicles. Sometimes my legs fits in while sometimes it can't fit him. I have to sit like olosho in the bus lol

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Babysho(m): 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2023
Legendguy:
Not all sit are discomfort able in public vehicles. Sometimes my legs fits in while sometimes it can't fit him. I have to sit like olosho in the bus lol

😂😂😂😂 abeg no kill me
Sitting that way for long periods of time ultimately will be detrimental to the bones/spine nau. Humans are not built that way.

There was a time I was in bus that was too small for me, I had to sink my legs deep underneath almost touching the feet of the people sitting behind me. Time to get down, I started playing leg puzzle o, my knee kept hitting the seat in front, I started to panic cos I was sure I was stuck. Only God knows how I got out.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by emoboy4u: 7:04am On Dec 25, 2023
Always sit at the front.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Maj196(m): 8:44am On Dec 25, 2023
Okay oo, siddon for house den

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Balablue64: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2023
These things are part of the reason why there are no more sane persons in Lagos anymore, any 'sane' person in Lagos is a fool.
Anyway op avoid small to medium busses, korope etc look for those tall yellow danfo 5 seater and always enter the front seat at the drivers part.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by sparko1(m): 1:10am On Dec 26, 2023
Babysho:
I'm 189cm tall, fresh out NYSC and I've recently began working my first 9-5 job in Lagos and inorder to cut costs, I've had to opt for public transportation and I've found that the leg room is never enough in both those yellow buses and the BRT. I'm tired of folding like jeans in suitcase, my back won kpeme and I'm not 30 yet. It's even worse in traffic.

First of all, I don't think 189cm is that tall. Also, I'm suspecting most of these buses are shipped in from Asia where the minimum height is the lowest in the world.

It's worse even when you want to buy a car, I had to go for an SUV instead of the normal ones I prefer.

Leg room, head room, I have stayed bent for the duration of an entire journey because I couldn't sit straight, no head room.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Hezzyluv: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2023
I swear the thin dey painful. I tall very well, and the legroom of most vehicles in lag na nightmare for tall people. As God would have it, I started business of my own which will not require me doing push me l push you in molue, and I thank God for the business. If I need to go out, no be rush hours again, I go chose which bus I go enter and most time, koropke serves it. grin

12 Likes

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by taiwotimitt: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by UndilutedTruth1: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2023
You're welcome on board, bro. grin

2 Likes

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by oluwaseyi0: 9:53am On Dec 26, 2023
Endeavour to sit in front if it's danfo bus

5 Likes

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by ItisWell22(f): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2023
Quit the job, make hunger shrink you small; so that bus go size you on the next job. 😢

Whatever happened to when there’s will, there’s a way.

Please sir, find a way around it.
You can! 😟

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by beardedboy(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2023
Babysho:

Not really. Most of the buses are from Europe and north America. Our people rearrange the seats after arrival in Nigeria so it can accommodate an extra row.

Not really their fault, they're only adapting to the economy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by justking(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2023
Kpele

1 Like

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by DiamondPant(f): 9:57am On Dec 26, 2023
Babysho:

Depending on where you reside, you may want to switch to private cars, though risky.
Private cars are usually cheaper and more comfortable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by adecz: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2023
Ordinary 6'2 and you are calling
yourself tall❗️❗️❗️

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by elitehow: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2023
Ok
Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by DangoteIvy: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2023
Babysho:

It's impossible to get used to this but thank you. I'd like to get the perspective from tall people working in Lagos.
SharingIsLife:
🔺Saving to get a personal car🚗

🔺intensive 🚴🏋️🏋️🏃 Workouts/physical Exercise at the Gym, a Minimum of 3hours weekly or 180minutes of intense workout every 7days, will help to ease the pains, relieve the stress, and maintain your gait.

N:B:--
Only one week like that , l ran 5hours total on the threadmill, and trekked outdoors a total of 8hours for the week,💪l could tell the difference.
Actually WHO recommends a minimum 150minutes of intense physical exercise weekly. It helps a lot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by theophorus(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2023
Choose to wait till you are able to get the Driver side sit.

If you're rushing sit beside the conductor and once the person in front drops, just enter front.

You may also choose to Start Transport as a Business, you drive yourself and make money by taking passengers along.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by iCauseTrouble: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2023
Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Idoko619(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2023
Balablue64:
These things are part of the reason why there are no more sane persons in Lagos anymore, any 'sane' person in Lagos is a fool.
Anyway op avoid small to medium busses, korope etc look for those tall yellow danfo 5 seater and always enter the front seat at the drivers part.

Nigerians don't even know they deserve good things.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by coputa(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2023
Legendguy:
You mustn't be comfortable in a public transport in Nigeria let alone Lagos,stop ranting like a kid

1 Like

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by DiegoNakel(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2023
I'm 197cm tall
Front seat is usually the best for me or near the door

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by coputa(m): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2023
Idoko619:

Nigerians don't even know they deserve good things.
Who will give it to them

1 Like

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by gadgetplanetng: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2023
Public Transportation should be the topic here
Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by theonlybolaji: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2023
Sit at the center last roll in BRT or stand grin

Eti(the tall danfo) bus too is okay. It has more spacing between seats

1 Like

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by SSpeter(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2023
adecz:

Ordinary 6'2 and you are calling
yourself tall❗️❗️❗️
6'2is tall

7 Likes

Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by Tapout(m): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2023
Babysho:

We jog to the office. there's actually an active community where we share tips on similar challenges. let me know if you're interested in joining.
Re: 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria by AwokenVawulence: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2023
SSpeter:
6'2is tall

Don't mind the fool and 189 cm is about 6'3

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest In Abuja By Nigeria Immigration 2000 (pic) / Dear Nigerian Job Interviewers, Please Stop Stressing Us / 9 Things To Know Before A Phone Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.