Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) (33134 Views)

Fun Pictures Of Christmas Celebration In Anambra / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo / One Of The Most Absurd Xtian Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2023
What's The Most Absurd Thing You've Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?

At about this time last year, i saw a post on Nairaland front-page about two men who said they stole power cables because they wanted to buy Christmas cloth for their girlfriends (lol) after they were caught, and I was utterly flabbergasted.

https://www.nairaland.com/7494848/2-men-stole-community-power#119396466

Their reason for stealing the power cables may sound profoundly hilarious, but sadly that wasn't an aberration but a true reflection of the present reality of the ridiculous lengths people go to just because of Christmas, despite claiming it's the birth of Christ they're celebrating.

Christ was born in a lowly manger yet Christmas which is said to be a celebration of His birth, is now being associated with clothes, rice, chicken, hairstyles, trees, lights, decoration, and what have yous, that it's now become a do or die affair to acquire such to celebrate Christmas otherwise they'd would feel being left out of the celebration.

So people now do the most absurd things or go to ridiculous lengths, to the point of robbing or even killing their fellow human being, in the months leading up to or even during the Christmas period just to acquire those things they plan to celebrate Christmas with.

This has culminated in Christmas season being the period thefts and criminal activities were prevalent in any calendar year, which perhaps giving credence to claims that Christmas celebration has nothing to do with Christ but actually stems from diabolic roots hence such evil fruits.

So do you think the height of absurdities and criminalities which many scale to just to celebrate Christmas clearly exposes the true spirit of Christmas is not of God but of the devil?

Also, what's the most absurd thing you've ever heard anyone did because of Christmas?

God bless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by kuntash: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
The essence of the celebration of the birth of Christ is what's linked to Christmas.

But as it's always been, in the midst of good there also the manipulation and those adversed to it!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by iHateFraudsters: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Borrow money to celebrate Christmas.

What the hell?

Celebrate according to your budget.

If e vex you, plan well next time.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by MykellOni(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Attendance: Present ✅️
Lol! The extent some people will go jz to merry ehn...

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by OMEGA009(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Not someone, me. I spent over 1.8m on gifts for the family but unfortunately, no one got me anything. Not even a lollipop. Anyways, that’s the joy of parenthood, I guess.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by bamdly(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
drink garri with salt grin
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by crown08(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
grin

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by youngberry001(m): 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2023
here my boys at check point saying they will thief our oga chicken to celebrates Christmas grin

#military

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Offpointng: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ip-ob men dem. see em with em pot belly

Greatest simps of men we have in Nigeria sad

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 9:26pm On Dec 25, 2023
Using human body parts for rituals because of Christmas

11 Likes

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by UncleKoboko: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2023
A GIRL GAVE HER VIRGINITY TO A GUY AS CHRISTMAS GIFT....

HER PRIDE ...
HER VIRTUE...
THE MOST PRECIOUS GIFT OF HER LIFE ...

I'm like,
You can give many men your
Love
Children
Marriage etc
BUT YOU CAN ONLY GIVE ONE MAN YOUR VIRGINITY...
WHY GIVE IT OUT FOOLISHLY TO SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOING TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH MOST LIKELY? Why not save it for that special man?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by FeliciaOja(f): 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lol just last Wednesday One mugu transferred 70k to my Opay after lying to him that I will like to play truth or dare in his apartment this xmas
To be fair, the guy had no chance at all
I even lied to him that I'll bring my girls over
That I stay in opposite pinacle gas station lekki
Last last I still regret blocking him...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by NFBI: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2023
I'm in Jupiter
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Vinnie2000(m): 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
Which kind Post be this? undecided undecided
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by AlphaNugget(m): 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
This post is the most absurd thing I have seen this year, I don't even know why I commented here undecided

Meanwhile,

You guys should check this thread out, https://www.nairaland.com/7293430/quality-affordable-interior-exterior-designs/19#127625110 it is blowing hot!!!!! wowowow

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by dododawa1: 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
ABARANJE and ISHERI OSUN and IJEGUN and IKOTUN

Den of

DARKNESS areas.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by money121(m): 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ok
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by unqombothi(f): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
What's The Most Absurd Thing You've Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?

At about this time last year, i saw a post on Nairaland front-page about two men who said they stole power cables because they wanted to buy Christmas cloth for their girlfriends (lol) after they were caught, and I was utterly flabbergasted.

https://www.nairaland.com/7494848/2-men-stole-community-power#119396466

Their reason for stealing the power cables may sound profoundly hilarious, but sadly that wasn't an aberration but a true reflection of the present reality of the ridiculous lengths people go to just because of Christmas, despite claiming it's the birth of Christ they're celebrating.
Well, Ishola Oyenusi, in his day, shot dead the owner of a new car on Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba, so he could sell it to fund his girlfriend's birthday bash.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by allabig(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2023
Cock a gun
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Kuti63: 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
Nothing
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Alexlalax1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
My neighbor after cooking a sumptuous meal with his hard earned money, served part of he food out of pity to a street beggar who was one of the people that voted this present hardship into power.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Fatbam005: 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
A male buffalo weighs over 2000 pounds .
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Chibuzoripob: 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2023
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by victorazy(m): 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ok
Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Olarewaju89: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
cheesy

I don't know if its just me, but 2023 revealed the true character of some people

Some aren't coming with me in 2024.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by humberjade: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
iHateFraudsters:
Borrow money to celebrate Christmas.

What the hell?

Celebrate according to your budget.

If e vex you, plan well next time.

As in ehn...I seriously don't get why people go outta their ways to celebrate Christmas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Frcknl: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
Am among the people who don't give much credence to dates set by other men.

"Proud men club" gather here

9 Likes

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by bigcasava1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2023
Offpointng:
Ip-ob men dem. see em with em pot belly

Greatest simps of men we have in Nigeria sad
but they no dey mine skull or fuvk cow

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2023
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Some Women Roll Their Eyeballs To Entice Me' - Anthony Okogie / No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation / The Black Woman Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.