Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer (11816 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Abiola: 'Jail Babangida' - I Go Dye Writes Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by SlavaUkraini: 4:58am On Dec 26, 2023
Tinubu actually wanted to be an Accountant but ended up a Notorious Drug Baron
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by yinkeys(m): 5:05am On Dec 26, 2023
Ololade1999:
It is not only history that will judge you sir, your conscience will do that too. Moreover, remember one thing sir, that one day we will all give account of everything we do on earth before our creator. It is better you make peace with your God and Nigerians before you pass on.
Lol Nigerians and sir
Una Dey fear o
Respect is earned
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Irupetepete: 5:05am On Dec 26, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Fixed.

Meanwhile, you want to drag an old man to his grave because he answered questions thrown at him. Is that how you were brought up?
from your reply, seem u were brought up as a nuisance cos you attack tribal sentiment to everything even when the write up says otherwise..
I pity your mental health, you might end up running mad with this tribal mentality of yours...

You guys will always find a way to bring in your useless tribal sentiment at any slight opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by AngelicBeing: 5:08am On Dec 26, 2023
I
LeoDeKing:

Either literacy or comprehension.

One of these two or both is/are missing here

Anyone with both cannot type this dogshit after reading the article, impossible.

I know where you come from, but let me just keep quiet.

Meanwhile, how is Alaigbo?
Hian,dogshit ke, your file is getting bigger for ICC prosecution cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Mosba: 5:30am On Dec 26, 2023
No wonder, you engineered the downfall of Nigeria by annulment of June, 12 and pioneering looting of national treasury with impunity to cause everyone praying to find his/her way out of what the country has become
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by hardcore007: 5:36am On Dec 26, 2023
But you come turn to maradona
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Fatbam005: 5:45am On Dec 26, 2023
June 12 can never be forgotten in the history of Nigeria democracy..

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by viodemus: 5:50am On Dec 26, 2023
Well sha, na because say na 2 be una cut off mark.

Maybe you think civil engineering is equivalent to drawing arabic symbols. Guy flush abeg.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by kristiankr: 5:55am On Dec 26, 2023
I didn't know that this man is still alive and in Nigeria currently.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm15581092/bio/
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by kingthreat(m): 6:04am On Dec 26, 2023
History exonerated him from taking over from Muhammadu Buhari. He was trying to save us from a more incompetent leadership in the 80s. Unfortunately, Nigeria had to suffer it 3 decades later.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by bellosulaiman(m): 6:12am On Dec 26, 2023
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by creativehubb: 6:13am On Dec 26, 2023
Give your wealth to the poor, this is the only way to satisfy your soul and pay back recompense.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by tollyboy5(m): 6:23am On Dec 26, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Fixed.

Meanwhile, you want to drag an old man to his grave because he answered questions thrown at him. Is that how you were brought up?
What rubbish are you doing here? Did babangida favored your family member lets know how ogun will strike odales.
Because babangida is not loved here or are you from kwara or niger state?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by OctavianAC(m): 6:23am On Dec 26, 2023
"I served the country the best I could"
“It may not be to your satisfaction but to the best that I could. I leave that to history to judge and I related fairly well with the people of the country.

And you can see the result of that your best in the reality of what Nigeria is today. Is the result of what Nigeria is today satisfactory? The result after one generation [2023-1993 = 30 years] is history already, and it has judge you
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Difrent: 6:24am On Dec 26, 2023
Magicdon:

I de laff you Babangida is well educated, he is intelligent, very intelligent, he is a genius if you dont know

Even if an EVIL GENIUS
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by blowjohn(m): 6:29am On Dec 26, 2023
Buhari still the worst president ever.
Don't know much about babangida.
Emefelie still the worst government appointee in the history of mankind
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:29am On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
Baba wey no go University wan be civil engineer.Abi ba Pon pon he mean to say?

Read before commenting
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:31am On Dec 26, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Naija sabi change people destiny.
So many that wanted to become Medical Doctors ended up being Native Doctors or even Bus ConDoctors. All na Doctor sha. smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Inspirer1: 6:35am On Dec 26, 2023
creativehubb:
Give your wealth to the poor, this is the only way to satisfy your soul and pay back recompense.
All of it, both home and abroad, furthermore name individuals who may be in possession of large chunk of embezzled funds also.

And on a subtle note, sincerely tell Nigerians why he annulled the June 12 Presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by PaulH07: 6:41am On Dec 26, 2023
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Gandrova: 7:00am On Dec 26, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Fixed.

Sharap foolish boy like you.
Babagida annulled the best election ever held in Nigeria.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Gandrova: 7:02am On Dec 26, 2023
Magicdon:

I de laff you Babangida is well educated, he is intelligent, very intelligent, he is a genius if you dont know
Yes he is a genius in looting.
Useless Gaga like him
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by dododawa1: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2023
broadman20:

Then Tinubu will face firing squad ABI?
when d time comes,we will know.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by AfonjaScud: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2023
The twilight of your life is an indication of where you're going.
God made sure that all that you held dear and crookedly worked for became useless to you at the end of your life - money, power, mansions, women, etc.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Jakumo(m): 7:21am On Dec 26, 2023
General Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida, like General Olusegun Obasanjo is a quintessential Nigerian survivor of the storm, who rode the tiger as Nigeria's military head of state for 8 tumultuous years from the mid-1980s to the early 1990s. Babangida, a consummate strategist with the cunning patience of a chess player, remains to this day a man of understated intellect who speaks with the assured cadence of a seasoned statesman. His televised speeches as head of state, all now immortalized thanks to online video archives were at once persuasive, humorous, resolute, and subtly ominous by turn.

A wounded veteran of front-line combat during Nigeria's civil war of the 1960s, Babangida's military calling ultimately placed him at the absolute pinnacle of federal power, where he adroitly struck a juggler's balance between appeasing the nation's evident and covert power brokers on one hand, while deploying his considerable diplomatic acumen to reassure and pacify the sidelined political class and a restive civilian population on the other hand.

Love Babangida or loathe him, but ignore his CURRENT influence as a kingmaker, at your peril.

Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida and Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo. Two powerful, fearless, and agile Lion-Kings in the glorious winter years of their lives, whose names will be debated by historians for generations to come, yet whose current geopolitical influence are forces of nature to be reckoned with even now as the good year 2023 morphs into 2024.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Thomasankara(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2023
[/color]what you will remembered for is the infamous annullment of June 12 and debt profile you kept for Nigeria.[color=#770077]
Morbeta11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/i-wanted-to-be-a-civil-engineer-ibb/
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by kareemkamil(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2023
Hmmm, u con become civil looter
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by OMBIIGA: 7:29am On Dec 26, 2023
For the uninformed folks repudiating IBB intellectual acumen, be reminded that Baba was an erudite instructor at NDA!!!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by Astra101: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:

Did you read the article at all, he said he was enlisted into the army. If not for the enlisting going to school was his top priority.

For your information, babangida was a very brilliant student during his secondary school days. There is a plague in home town secondary mina in his honor as the the overall best student.

Remember dele giwa once called him evil genius wink
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by sukkot: 7:45am On Dec 26, 2023
Solofresh2:
That is your problem sir
🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by 7upnigeria: 7:58am On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:

Its d problem with people like you. Read, you will not read. According to him, his dream was to become a civil engineer until they were convinced/compelled to join the military because there were few northerners there at the time.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer by crackhouse(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2023
God pls take this man and bring back Michael Jackson..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Denies Withdrawing Saraki, Dogara’s Security / Allow Your Daughters To Join Army – Dahiru Abdulsalam Tells Parents, Guardians / Atiku Visits Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.