Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,062 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Bush Meat Versus Chicken? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bush Meat Versus Chicken? (47836 Views)

Big Balls Bush Meat Caught Inside My Old Grandma Car Engine(photo) / This Big Bush Meat Could Worth More Than #20,000 / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Morostical: 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas Nairalanders, I pray we will all witness many more Christmas season in the future.

Here is my story, I couldn't afford to buy chicken or fish for us as a family this Christmas unlike last year, and then I went for okete (Bush meat) and my trap caught a very big one between yesterday night and this morning.

After it was properly boiled with seasoning, my wife then roasted the bush meat, cooked jollof rice, and served everyone.

After we finished eating jollof rice with the bush meat, I asked my children a very simple question, which is the best chicken or bush meat (okete)? They all chorus bush meat.

I am happy that my children with all sincerity and contentment all said that the bush meat is far better than chicken.

The joy on my wife's face gladdens my heart most, that woman will forever remain my Africa queen. I hope I will be able to get one or more like this for us to enjoy in the new year. See pictures below.

May we all live to see the new year and many more years to come.

178 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by RepoMan007: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lol with tears.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Jeon(f): 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2023
Well the Bush meat depends.

24 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by LikeAking: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2023
Nice!

You are a good father.

114 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by HighTableVoice: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2023
This no be bush meat. That’s a rat.. which we call Okete, na small small pikin beat. But as for the question I think it’s a matter of personal preference, for someone like me who grew up with a solid food diet I will always prefer bush meat to chicken. My dad is very big on bush meat and we always eat together while I was growing up even when the rest of the house hold may be eating rice, beans and all that imported food, he is always eating from him farm harvest. Steady pounded yam almost on a daily basis even Eba or Amal’s he rarely eat And me being grown up I still find chicken not too much of a delicacy, most of the time I opt for goat meat or intestines. Even fish I rarely eat. My woman likes cooking fried rice, Jollof rice and all those style of food, but I always make sure I stick with what I enjoy. So as I said it’s simply a matter of personal preference. I can buy the whole thing, give you food allowance to stock all those but what I enjoy to eat is what I enjoy and I am grateful she understands that part of me.

137 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by wunmi590(m): 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2023
tongue

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by verybadmouth(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Make una dey worry una selves. Na Semo and Better okro soup with fried Satin fish we use do Christmas for my house here oo. Make una dey play. Dem talk sey na by force to buy chicken. African people and follow follow mentality.

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Jesus see rat! shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by money121(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by christejames(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2023
I will go for a well prepared bushmeat cheesy cheesy

Bushmeat dey get eim own sweet taste.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Scarrr: 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2023
Oga
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by bestman09(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2023
Congratulations my brother. Whatever God provides is good

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Slimzjoe(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2023
You've Provided the best you can and an entirely different experience this Christmas as well.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family Op

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Youngkhaleepha3(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2023

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Skillsnigeria: 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by yesloaded: 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by UncleKoboko: 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2023
People can eat whatever they like for the PAGAN FESTIVAL.

3 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Mikespecialone(m): 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2023
Your jollof no get picture ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by elitehow: 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2023
Bush mean anyday anytime cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Nicepoker(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2023
That bush animal had a family whom she had to take care of. But you murdered the innocent rat. Wicked man grin

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Melagros(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2023
Abeg bush meat, anyone wei eat bushmeat na him sabi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by uniquetechng: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2023
HighTableVoice:
This no be bush meat. That’s a rat.. which we call Okete, na small small pikin beat. But as for the question I think it’s a matter of personal preference, for someone like me who grew up with a solid food diet I will always prefer bush meat to chicken. My dad is very big on bush meat and we always eat together while I was growing up even when the rest of the house hold may be eating rice, beans and all that imported food, he is always eating from him farm harvest. Steady pounded yam almost on a daily basis even Eba or Amal’s he rarely eat And me being grown up I still find chicken not too much of a delicacy, most of the time I opt for goat meat or intestines. Even fish I rarely eat. My woman likes cooking fried rice, Jollof rice and all those style of food, but I always make sure I stick with what I enjoy. So as I said it’s simply a matter of personal preference. I can buy the whole thing, give you food allowance to stock all those but what I enjoy to eat is what I enjoy and I am grateful she understands that part of me.
Animals are called bush meat because they lives in the bush, and yeah the African giant rat is also a bush meat.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by robinfemi: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2023
With your church mind, are you sure your families follow you chop this thing on Christmas day? wink

Be sincere oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by datola: 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2023
Bush meat is a better delicacy than chicken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Vyreell(m): 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2023
cool
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Oscarchims: 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Something enter belle

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Kukutenla: 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Correct!!

But Op you dey work for abattoir ni abi you're a professional butcher because all these assorted knives I nor get o shocked shocked

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Vyreell(m): 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2023
Nicepoker:
That bush animal had a family whom she had to take care of. But you murdered the innocent rat. Wicked man grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Lanre1st(m): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
That’s God gift for you to celebrate

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by OChimex: 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
Morostical:
Merry Christmas Nairalanders, I pray we will all witness many more Christmas season in the future.

Here is my story, I couldn't afford to buy chicken or fish for us as a family this Christmas unlike last year, and then I went for okete (Bush meat) and my trap caught a very big one between yesterday night and this morning.

After it was properly boiled with seasoning, my wife then roasted the bush meat, cooked jollof rice, and served everyone.

After we finished eating jollof rice with the bush meat, I asked my children a very simple question, which is the best chicken or bush meat (okete)? They all chorus bush meat.

I am happy that my children with all sincerity and contentment all said that the bush meat is far better than chicken.

The joy on my wife's face gladdens my heart most, that woman will forever remain my Africa queen. I hope I will be able to get one or more like this for us to enjoy in the new year. See pictures below.

May we all live to see the new year and many more years to come.

If you voted APC, then we don't care about your damn bushmeat, next year, even snake you no go see catch, na cockroach you go fry give your pikin them. And youbgo still ask them if cockroach 🪳 no sweet pass chicken. Poor kids, they will say yes because they have no option.

But if you didn't vote APC, I pray the new year bring you blessings sotee that next year, na cow you go kill for your family.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by AsomStructures: 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
Bush meat is the real deal
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Enddy50ty(m): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
The most important thing is that you were able to provide your wife and kids with something to eat, and in the end they were all happy and satisfied.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABCs Of Cake Making / Why Is My Fondant Breaking? / 11k Well Spent..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.