Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Bush Meat Versus Chicken? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bush Meat Versus Chicken? (47832 Views)

Big Balls Bush Meat Caught Inside My Old Grandma Car Engine(photo) / This Big Bush Meat Could Worth More Than #20,000 / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by CoronaVirusPro: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
Just call a spade a spade.

Rat vs Chicken
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Sammy5413(m): 11:36pm On Dec 25, 2023
That’s a rat
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by amakanancy(f): 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2023
[quote author=Vyreell post=127626178][/quote]
The killing of the rat could be answered prayers in the okete kingdom. May be the okete is thier boko haram leader..

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by nwakaibeya1: 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2023
🔥 I have the GREATEST NEWS ON EARTH

JESUS CHRIST was born on 8th AUGUST,not 25th December that's JESUSCHRIST birthday # We have problems with humanbeigns especially the spiritually blind popular pastors and prophets &prophetess and we are open to spiritual confrontation not empty vessels ,social media rants#

I was talking to a Pastor who claims that Christians should not celebrate Christmas day 25th December and I said yes that's correct and I said why and he said it's not in.the Bible and I sent the following message to him ### Ok, if.truly you and your likes especially those prophets and pastors&prophetess that you respect so much truly knows JESUSCHRIST he JESUSCHRIST should have revealed his date of birth to you all, so don't you see that you and your likes don't know Jesuschrist at all as we keep saying ? ### he never answered me again so you see the trouble with so called prophets and pastors&prophetess they always speak without genuine Jesuschrist revelation and when we speak and back it up no one listens to our truth&revelation especially as we have declared to the world that Kingdom of JESUS CHRIST has comeback to revenge and judge human beings of the world? what a world where lies flies a lot and truth is suppressed by those who think they know ? If what we are saying is lies you would have read it all over the world that there is someone saying Kingdom of Jesuschrist has come back to revenge and judge human beings of the world and it's not true but here we are saying investigate this unbeleivable truth by all means and discredit it even.thosevwho claim yo k ow Jesuschrist and sleep on the same bed with him those who see far away lands cannot talk on this as we authorized? You that is wise why not discredit this Heavenly unbelievable truth&revelation spiritually and let's hear you.time has come for us to know who is who as far as JesusChrist is concerned. It's no more long stories of Genesis to Revelation.Ours is truth and revelation of things unknown before&after the creation of the world. Look before you leap that's the confidence of a wise person. I AM FIRSTSONABOVEALLSONS I LIVE IN UNBELEVABLE POWER&PEACE LIGHT THAT NO HUMAN LIVING OR DEAD CAN CONFRONT&CONQUER AND WE OWN THE NIGHT AND TERRITORY WHERE ALL EVIL PEOPLE OPERATES UPTO THE FLOOR OF ALL OCEANS OF THE WHOLE WORLD INCLUDING THE WEAPONS THEY USE AND WHO ON EARTH CAN CHALLENGE WHAT I DECLARE TO THE WHOLE WORLD INCLUDING THOSE YOU RESPECT SO MUCH MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD AND BEYOND Have you read John 6,60-68 and Mathew 13,13-15
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by MemoriesAndMe: 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2023
Isn't that a rat?
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Dexy4yah(m): 11:47pm On Dec 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Jesus see rat! shocked
grin
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by thatigboman: 11:57pm On Dec 25, 2023
HighTableVoice:
This no be bush meat. That’s a rat.. which we call Okete, na small small pikin beat. But as for the question I think it’s a matter of personal preference, for someone like me who grew up with a solid food diet I will always prefer bush meat to chicken. My dad is very big on bush meat and we always eat together while I was growing up even when the rest of the house hold may be eating rice, beans and all that imported food, he is always eating from him farm harvest. Steady pounded yam almost on a daily basis even Eba or Amal’s he rarely eat And me being grown up I still find chicken not too much of a delicacy, most of the time I opt for goat meat or intestines. Even fish I rarely eat. My woman likes cooking fried rice, Jollof rice and all those style of food, but I always make sure I stick with what I enjoy. So as I said it’s simply a matter of personal preference. I can buy the whole thing, give you food allowance to stock all those but what I enjoy to eat is what I enjoy and I am grateful she understands that part of me.
Op called it okete too. So it's likely bush rat. Is rat not meat? Is rat fish?
Must be tiv because it is only tivs that I know that eat bush rat
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by lawbereau(m): 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2023
datola:
Bush meat is a better delicacy than chicken.

Kindly give reasons behind this impression!

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by thatigboman: 12:05am On Dec 26, 2023
Mtmike:
So people were killed in plateau state today and that didn’t make the front page, as bush meat is more important that human Nairaland will soon go into extinction
I swear, I was shocked when I saw the news on aljazeera this morning.
Over 112 plateau indigenes were killed by terrorist fulani herdsmen on 24 December 2023, and the news didn't make nairaland frontpage. Nobody even commented about it.
Where has our humanity gone?

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Frcknl: 12:07am On Dec 26, 2023
Most of the are not common as they want people to think.

They are actually party members doing their masters works

bhella10:
No mind am. E no get other work than to criticize gofment 2/4/7-365
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Kumadami: 12:31am On Dec 26, 2023
[You are a wonderful father and husband may GOD put smile on your face before the end of the year.quote author=Morostical post=127625020]Merry Christmas Nairalanders, I pray we will all witness many more Christmas season in the future.

Here is my story, I couldn't afford to buy chicken or fish for us as a family this Christmas unlike last year, and then I went for okete (Bush meat) and my trap caught a very big one between yesterday night and this morning.

After it was properly boiled with seasoning, my wife then roasted the bush meat, cooked jollof rice, and served everyone.

After we finished eating jollof rice with the bush meat, I asked my children a very simple question, which is the best chicken or bush meat (okete)? They all chorus bush meat.

I am happy that my children with all sincerity and contentment all said that the bush meat is far better than chicken.

The joy on my wife's face gladdens my heart most, that woman will forever remain my Africa queen. I hope I will be able to get one or more like this for us to enjoy in the new year. See pictures below.

May we all live to see the new year and many more years to come. [/quote]
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by efficiencie(m): 12:52am On Dec 26, 2023
Nicepoker:
That bush animal had a family whom she had to take care of. But you murdered the innocent rat. Wicked man grin

What about the family of all the animals that the big rat and its family ate? This is the food chain, bro. You either eat or get eaten.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by NovusHomo(m): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2023
Morostical:
Merry Christmas Nairalanders, I pray we will all witness many more Christmas season in the future.

Here is my story, I couldn't afford to buy chicken or fish for us as a family this Christmas unlike last year, and then I went for okete (Bush meat) and my trap caught a very big one between yesterday night and this morning.

After it was properly boiled with seasoning, my wife then roasted the bush meat, cooked jollof rice, and served everyone.

After we finished eating jollof rice with the bush meat, I asked my children a very simple question, which is the best chicken or bush meat (okete)? They all chorus bush meat.

I am happy that my children with all sincerity and contentment all said that the bush meat is far better than chicken.

The joy on my wife's face gladdens my heart most, that woman will forever remain my Africa queen. I hope I will be able to get one or more like this for us to enjoy in the new year. See pictures below.

May we all live to see the new year and many more years to come.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Magicdon(m): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2023
Sammy5413:
That’s a rat
the deltans or in the Niger Deltans suc as Edo, Delta, Rivers state, Bayelsa, Cross River call it rabbit due to its white tail, its edible
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by NovusHomo(m): 1:19am On Dec 26, 2023
Morostical:
Merry Christmas Nairalanders, I pray we will all witness many more Christmas season in the future.

I cry for Nigeria and Nigerians. This is not the country I grew up in. embarassed
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Maj196(m): 1:29am On Dec 26, 2023
Sorry, but I can't stand let alone eat anything called rat.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by OChimex: 1:38am On Dec 26, 2023
bhella10:
ONKR. You don cxhop today?

Lol. You think I am in that useless country with you guys? That's the only place people struggle to eat. Lol
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Mcslize: 1:42am On Dec 26, 2023
uniquetechng:
Animals are called bush meat because they lives in the bush, and yeah the African giant rat is also a bush meat.

If this is rat, please show me a rabbit.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by BRATISLAVA: 1:56am On Dec 26, 2023
Whatever happened to the bubonic plague?
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Gabbriell: 4:08am On Dec 26, 2023
nwakaibeya1:
🔥 I have the GREATEST NEWS ON EARTH

JESUS CHRIST was born on 8th AUGUST,not 25th December that's JESUSCHRIST birthday # We have problems with humanbeigns especially the spiritually blind popular pastors and prophets &prophetess and we are open to spiritual confrontation not empty vessels ,social media rants#

You are the one that is actually blind. It funny how people will accuse others of exactly what they themselves are guilty of.

The exact birthday of Jesus Christ is not specified in the Bible.

There are several calenders before now. Even the exact birthdays of our grand parents are not known talk much of the exact birthdays those who live wey before them.

All what you hear from researchers are hearsay. Christians only rely on information from the Bible. Anything outside the Bible is not acceptable.

2Timothy 3:16

All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

If scholars give information that is not in the Bible, we will not believe it. The Bible is our guide.

25th December is symbolic. It is just a day set aside to celebrate the birth of Christ.

If you have old parents, you will realize that most of them don't know the exact day they were born.
They sometimes know the year but not the day. Some don't even know the month. Rather they know the season e.g New Yam festival season, Beans harvest etc.

My advice for you guys is to be open to understanding. You can do this by listening to wise counsels and not being too wise in your own eyes.

Religious hatred is one of the things you will have to purge off your heart in other to see clearly. All forms of hatred is bad, but some of you think it is okay to hate people for religious reasons.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by okezuoemmanue(m): 4:33am On Dec 26, 2023
You should have asked....
RAT vs Chicken
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Difrent: 4:55am On Dec 26, 2023
OChimex:

But if you didn't vote APC, I pray the new year bring you blessings sotee that next year, na cow you go kill for your family.

Contradictory statement

Next year APC will still be in power. So if you succeed next year .....isnt it under the same APC you have condemned now.....so will you take back the insults condemnations

Nigerians are the problems of this country. They curse (and think it don't work) then turn round to expect BLESSINGS from the accursed without making atonements..... Things don't work that way.
Make una continue dey curse and expect blessings from what you have cursed....I hope one day you people ....frustrated with God ....will start cursing him
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by imagrg(m): 5:17am On Dec 26, 2023
Take a bottle of Best Creame gin!
You talk like an elder because you've eaten with them.
HighTableVoice:
This no be bush meat. That’s a rat.. which we call Okete, na small small pikin beat. But as for the question I think it’s a matter of personal preference, for someone like me who grew up with a solid food diet I will always prefer bush meat to chicken. My dad is very big on bush meat and we always eat together while I was growing up even when the rest of the house hold may be eating rice, beans and all that imported food, he is always eating from him farm harvest. Steady pounded yam almost on a daily basis even Eba or Amal’s he rarely eat And me being grown up I still find chicken not too much of a delicacy, most of the time I opt for goat meat or intestines. Even fish I rarely eat. My woman likes cooking fried rice, Jollof rice and all those style of food, but I always make sure I stick with what I enjoy. So as I said it’s simply a matter of personal preference. I can buy the whole thing, give you food allowance to stock all those but what I enjoy to eat is what I enjoy and I am grateful she understands that part of me.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Chochovini: 5:55am On Dec 26, 2023
Nicepoker:
That bush animal had a family whom she had to take care of. But you murdered the innocent rat. Wicked man grin
. Be calming down.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Mirasteel: 6:08am On Dec 26, 2023
Morostical:

How do you people eat this kind of thing?

God knows I won't touch that with 1 inches pole.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by JasonNOTStatham: 6:19am On Dec 26, 2023
Mirasteel:
How do you people eat this kind of thing?

God knows I won't touch that with 1 inches pole.
No 1 inch pole
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Nicepoker(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2023
efficiencie:

What about the family of all the animals that the big rat and its family ate? This is the food chain, bro. You either eat or get eaten.
That rat is innocent of all your allegations.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by forayfleo(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2023
E be like this one na irresponsible rat oooo
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by MrPaul2: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2023
Nicepoker:

How about the chicken, goat or fish you murdered? I sincerely think the wicked and selfish person here is you.
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by Nicepoker(m): 7:44am On Dec 26, 2023
MrPaul2:

How about the chicken, goat or fish you murdered? I sincerely think the wicked and selfish person here is you.
No evidence. grin
Re: Bush Meat Versus Chicken? by kelmicheal: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2023
You got a good wife that understand that's the most important thing in marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABCs Of Cake Making / Why Is My Fondant Breaking? / 11k Well Spent..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.