Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

JAPA: My Marriage Shakes - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / JAPA: My Marriage Shakes (40199 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by chris51(f): 2:42am On Dec 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

U said she's on a student visa..and u just arrived one month ago....so how are u already due for permanent papers.??.

A million pounds question.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Dense1512v(m): 3:21am On Dec 27, 2023
[quote author=aieromon post=127631214]

When you were showing her pepper in Nigeria you didn't know now is her own turn.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by advanceDNA: 6:25am On Dec 27, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
There is a process to every claim, she can't just claim DV without report by the police.
The law isn't that crazy.

The law is actually that crazy...
It's actually easy to create false pattern of abuse by calling the police to report any small argument ....and they do it because women are believable when they lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by advanceDNA: 6:29am On Dec 27, 2023
Dense1512v:

The wife is behaving badly because He must have been showing her pepper? U pple like to worship women too much
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by advanceDNA: 6:38am On Dec 27, 2023
ednut1:
you cannot get PR aka ILR in one year. Stop being delusional biko. Its obvious you are trolling here🤣

Baba...leave am....
His wife may have a form of status that qualify her to get full resident papers .......who knows....

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by sandygechy(f): 7:02am On Dec 27, 2023
Hope u are aware chores and child care are shared too alongside bills? U do school runs, cook and clean the house when it’s ur turn.
Just so u know..
PDJT:
-Stay within the law and ensure you record every of her abusive moves towards you. You can use those evidence to get permanent residency, if you really want to stay in the UK in your own right.

-At the moment, you have as much rights as her.

-However, I would advise you and any other man relocating to the UK or the West, NEVER assume full responsibility for your family. In the West it is a shared responsibility between you and your wife, that's why they call it partnership. If you must buy a property, make sure your partner contribute as much as you do as well as share your bills equally if possible, otherwise share it based on percentage of earnings.

-Never contribute more than you should. You're no longer in Africa.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by TheSociopath(m): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2023
Notfogotten:

So let me lay low for the next 7 months.

So you want to move from Student visa to permanent residency? Not possible bro, don't deceive yourself
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:11am On Dec 27, 2023
247man:

So because some people got burnt, nobody shd make d decision? Tell me ehat is d percentage of couples that have relocated and what’s d percentage that their wives burnt them?

You know d failed ones are always d loudest. Amd they fail cos they are loud. Always want to be on social media

If u are on this type of mission, u will learn the hard way. I hope u won't come here to rant unnecessarily...
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by freddie009(m): 8:27am On Dec 27, 2023
modernWays:

Is your wife in medical profession that you have to allow her to be the main applicant?

In whatever you do, never allow women to have upper hands in marriage, they will use it against you in a twinkle of eyes to achieve their selfish interests.

Little things get into women's heads, Never allow them to be in control.

7 Likes

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by godwon01(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2023
luminouz:

What is this one saying bayi?🙄
Who are you to query what I was saying. I have lived in the country for more than 20yrs and I know how things turned around for several immigrants here. Some rejected asylum seekers get accepted into the system after loosing hope. This one has not get to that level. Go on your way please.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by IamOlorunwa: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2023
Ahmed0336:
I was discussing with my wife the other day and she brought the issue of relocating.
I told her I don't have plans to leave so she can go ahead. But as for the kids, they'd definitely leave this country when the time is right.
No be me woman go show shege for another man's land undecided

Bro, you made the best decision ever on earth at the moment.

Most people travelling are doing so due to peer pressure of my friends are travelling

Dont allow your wife set you up for failure.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by 247man: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

If u are on this type of mission, u will learn the hard way. I hope u won't come here to rant unnecessarily...
I can tell you 5 couples who have been together in uk for over 6 years (early japa crew) and are still together and only 1 with a crashed marriage and it was obvious from d way d husband was treating her before they left that d marriage won’t last, even if they stayed in ibadan. So keep focusing on the negatives. I focus and learn from both sides
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Bentoli(m): 11:18am On Dec 27, 2023
Cutehector:
you probably also did not read my comment well too. I am talking about myself..what i will do in terms of japa..who cares what transpired with the op and his wife.. Mchew.
Mtcheww!!! Comprehension is your problem.
You are no different from a KG student
Kwsia
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2023
247man:
I can tell you 5 couples who have been together in uk for over 6 years (early japa crew) and are still together and only 1 with a crashed marriage and it was obvious from d way d husband was treating her before they left that d marriage won’t last, even if they stayed in ibadan. So keep focusing on the negatives. I focus and learn from both sides

Well I am not against your pov but I av seen a lot of damages of marriages over there on SM which u and me cannot debunk. You said u have seen 5 examples of early Japa.... This generation is never unlike the past. Whatever u do be guided.

Peace ✌️
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by 247man: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

Well I am not against your pov but I av seen a lot of damages of marriages over there on SM which u and me cannot say doesn't happen. You said u have seen 5 examples of early Japa.... This generation is never unlike the past. Whatever u do be guided.

Peace ✌️

So u believe every story on SM? Those that are looking for clouts? Set of “there’s a man i just met at the airport about to be deported “ crew
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by engrrichie92(m): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2023
Notfogotten:
Please I have a question to ask.

I don't want to go into details so my partner doesn't trace this to me.

My partner came to UK before me, though still on student visa. I joined her with my 3 children one months ago.

I have noticed some red flags which never happened while we where in Nigeria and I was footing the bills alone.

Each red flag, I pretend nothing happened because I don't want to be thrown out like the man I read about on social media.

My visa is dependent on hers and we are still on student visa.

My question, in the event that we get papers to stay permanently in UK and one day she decides to send me packing or I decide move out, will I be asked to return to Nigeria because she is the main applicant?

Please I need urgent answers. I may not play the fool for long. We are very certain of getting papers next year.

No bro
Once you get your PR, you are a free man
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by ijobaoke: 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2023
Which pathway u want to use to get PR in a year?
Notfogotten:

When I say we are getting permanent resident status, I mean it.

It's a done deal. By August next year, I will snap it and post it here.

Good to know that I won't be deported aftw4 the papers.
Na to lay low like tortoise
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by jetson06: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
Go get you a white woman from the Eastern Bloc of Europe.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Gentlesoul2021(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
247man:

So u believe every story on SM? Those that are looking for clouts? Set of “there’s a man i just met at the airport about to be deported “ crew

grin
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by luminouz(m): 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2023
godwon01:
Who are you to query what I was saying. I have lived in the country for more than 20yrs and I know how things turned around for several immigrants here. Some rejected asylum seekers get accepted into the system after loosing hope. This one has not get to that level. Go on your way please.
Daddy wa. No vex oh. Any Xmas gift for me?
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Bilwayne3(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2023
My take on this is that you should be careful you being the dependant is still giving you the upper hand once she is done with school she will be ur dependant na there the shege go start she fit report you to be deported
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by PDJT: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2023
sandygechy:
Hope u are aware chores and child care are shared too alongside bills? U do school runs, cook and clean the house when it’s ur turn.
Just so u know..

-Those things you mentioned can be done by housekeepers paid for, equally, by the partners.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by sandygechy(f): 12:43am On Dec 28, 2023
Most families in UK do not employ housekeepers cos they are expensive.
Meanwhile,the student cannot contribute until there’s a switch to work vida because he/she can only work for 20 hours in a week unlike the dependant.
PDJT:

-Those things you mentioned can be done by housekeepers paid for, equally, by the partners.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by godwon01(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
luminouz:

Daddy wa. No vex oh. Any Xmas gift for me?
I no vex son . Wishing U Happy X mas in arrears and prosperous new year in advance IJN. God bless you.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Ifyz0001: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
[Are you serious?? Is that how they do there ??

quote author=PDJT post=127634535]-Stay within the law and ensure you record every of her abusive moves towards you. You can use those evidence to get permanent residency, if you really want to stay in the UK in your own right.

-At the moment, you have as much rights as her.

-However, I would advise you and any other man relocating to the UK or the West, NEVER assume full responsibility for your family. In the West it is a shared responsibility between you and your wife, that's why they call it partnership. If you must buy a property, make sure your partner contribute as much as you do as well as share your bills equally if possible, otherwise share it based on percentage of earnings.

-Never contribute more than you should. You're no longer in Africa.[/quote]
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Beolly(m): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2023
Babangidapikin:
They don humble Baba ...staying a fool ..so what happens afterwards .. you start to show your true colors ...
Women will humble you grin

1 Like

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by PDJT: 12:28am On Dec 29, 2023
sandygechy:
Most families in UK do not employ housekeepers cos they are expensive.
Meanwhile,the student cannot contribute until there’s a switch to work vida because he/she can only work for 20 hours in a week unlike the dependant.

-Just reminding you that those can be done by a housekeeping assistant, whilst the man work and live his best life. Men should never contribute more than 50% in the West. QeD.

-The 20hrs/week is only on term-times.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by sandygechy(f): 5:58am On Dec 29, 2023
No be when u see money u go live ur best life!
House keeping assistant ko book keeping assistant ni 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thankfully,UK is not Nigeria.
Men like 50/50 until it comes to cooking,school runs and house chores 🤣🤣🤣🤣

PDJT:

-Just reminding you that those can be done by a housekeeping assistant, whilst the man work and live his best life. Men should never contribute more than 50% in the West. QeD.

-The 20hrs/week is only on term-times.
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by PDJT: 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
sandygechy:
No be when u see money u go live ur best life!
House keeping assistant ko book keeping assistant ni 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thankfully,UK is not Nigeria.
Men like 50/50 until it comes to cooking,school runs and house chores 🤣🤣🤣🤣

-How long have you lived in the UK?

-And do you actually think those small activities you mentioned are difficult for men? I don't want to call you lazy, but ...

1 Like

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by sandygechy(f): 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
You are the lazy one here! Women don’t have a problem sharing financial responsibilities but men have a problem with sharing chores ALWAYS! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
U can’t eat ur cake and have it bro 🤣🤣🤣.

Get up ur lazy ass and prepare a meal! Don’t forget to do the dishes afterwards!
School resumes soon….get ready for school runs 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Ndi 50/50,una neva see anything yet!

PDJT:

-How long have you lived in the UK?

-And do you actually think those small activities you mentioned are difficult for men? I don't want to call you lazy, but ...
Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by Originalsly: 2:12am On Dec 30, 2023
This story is not adding up. First off ... headline says marriage ... but I'm hearing "my partner" instead of my wife. Then you migrated with ""my children" ... not our children. Are you married or not? In the beginning you're hoping to get a visa... but later on you're claiming a visa is due in 7 months. What's the truth?
If you're in the UK because of your partner ... would she file for you then have you thrown out?... makes no sense. You are afraid she may throw you out ... but then you want to to know your status if you leave? I strongly believe if you are really afraid... it is because of your past ... what you have been doing to her... that she will take revenge? Good luck k.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: My Marriage Shakes by PDJT: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2023
sandygechy:
You are the lazy one here! Women don’t have a problem sharing financial responsibilities but men have a problem with sharing chores ALWAYS! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
U can’t eat ur cake and have it bro 🤣🤣🤣.

Get up ur lazy ass and prepare a meal! Don’t forget to do the dishes afterwards!
School resumes soon….get ready for school runs 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Ndi 50/50,una neva see anything yet!

-Mtchew! Go and find your poor mates to chat pukkies with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Driver Sleeping Under A Lorry Crushed In Abakaliki (Graphic Photos) / This Is Enugu Agidi, Anambra State / Golf Involved In Accident In Zamfara, Victims Need To Be Identified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.