Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,552 members, 7,865,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:02 PM

Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament (425 Views)

Kano Sharia Police Shave Men's Hair, Arrest Keke Drivers For Improper Dressing / VIDEO: How Police Raped, Beat Us – Women Arrested At Abuja Nightclubs / "We Used Planks To Kill Oh Dollar & Girlfriend"- Cultist; Julian's Mother Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by Titusele87(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2023
Soludo Anti Touts beat us with 2x2 planks every morning --Keke drivers lament

Titus Maduako Eleweke

Members of Tricycle Drivers in Awka Anambra State detained by the governor Charles Soludo state Anti Touts squad said they were beaten with 2x2 planks without foods for two days in detention.

Some of the victims who spoke with our reporter in Awka at their Christmas end of year party said that the two days they were detained at the Anambra State Anti Touts squad facility in onitsha was like hell , saying,they were beaten every morning with 2x2 planks.

According to them ,the early beating was christened morning tea to us by the Anti Touts squad.

The vice chairman of the Unizik park who was arrested along others said that they were beaten like common criminals in the anti Touts camp onitsha.
"When we got at Anti Touts squad facility onitsha, we slept inside their bus and in the morning they used 2x2 planks to beat us , hitting our legs and joints with the planks. They said it was a morning tea for us . After beating us with 2x2 ,they laid down us again under the sun and continue with the beatings. It was when their 'oga' came out and ordered them to stop the beatings that they stopped beating us" he said.
According to him,before him and other detained persons,the Anti Touts squad were recruiting Agboro/ Touts and sending them out to places to be collecting money .

"Before me and others they were telling some of the arrested Agboro that they will cloth them with Id card and they will move them to work at their respective places . They told them that nobody will disturb or arrest them again in their pit but they should be making returns.
They gave them their phone numbers to call them Incase anyone coming to disturbed them. Most of the Anti Touts members are recruited from the touts for them . There is serious problem because touts cannot fight touts " he said .
Another Keke drivers, Chibueze Nweke said that they stayed two days without food in Anti Touts squad facility in onitsha .
According to him, though, they did not beat him much but there were some people they broke their legs with 2x2 in the Anti Touts squad facility onitsha.
He said that if the Anti Touts people are not properly monitored they will destroy many people in Anambra state .
Also the chairman of Keke drivers Unizik pit , comrade JohnPaul Nnaegbuna said the Anti Touts has no business coming to their pit because the park is privately owned and the State government gave approved of it and it allowed park owner to collect fee from drivers.

"When these men came inside the park some people were wearing Unified Hybrid Enforcement Team (UHBET)
uniforms while others were wearing state Anti Touts squad SASA. I asked them who are you , they replied that they came to catch Agboro I told them that there are no Agboro at our Park. I told them that everybody here is a Keke driver.
I told them also that all the people in the park are Keke drivers and we know ourselves one by one .
It was on the process of discussion, I had wanted to call one of our members Mr Iwunor to come in and beg them that , one of them just pounced on me with with knife and cut my finger ,he said I was making calls as if making calls has become a crime. It was then that Keke drivers said no you cannot come into our park and started beating our Chairman and others without any justification and they started protecting themselves. Then, they begun to shoot and called for reinforcement and they came dealt with every body in the park mercilessly " he said .

He lamented that squad beat them and vandalised their vehicles right inside the park,without a just cause,and wondered what could be their fate outside the park.

According to him,where some people were being detained are not the approved facility by government rather hidden camp for torturing .
He appealed to the state government to intervene and repair those vehicles as it is the only means where these drivers eat and pay their monthly taxes.
He also stated all those who vehicles were vandalised are up-to-date in their tax payments,because the park management made sure that every person that loads in the meet his tax obligation to government.

The chairman said that they are hoping on the government since the deputy governor had visited and promised to address their problems regarding the vandalized vehicles and anti Touts squad brutalization of their members

The coordinator of Ngozi units,which comprises Unizik pit Mr Collins Ude said the Anti Touts squad demonstrated height of unprofessionalism, untrained and barbarism in their conduct.
He said that if those Anti Touts personnel were trained,they should have known that there is no way 20 persons could be tout in a particular park, noting that the highest number is five

According to him,there is no single tout at the Unizik park, noting that what ever they are doing are according to the governor's instructions.

He said that the only two persons collecting N200 every day are for the owner of the Park for mentenance of the pit.

According to him,the N200 daily pay to the owner of the park was authorized by the government of Anambra State.
"Before these people came for the operation,somebody called me that I should provide guide to them . I said ok,we shall help them to identify the touts . I told the person that in the last one year we have been fighting the touts and have drove them away. And my number was sent to the coordinator of anti Touts squad Salomon Chukwuebuka whom I know as Ebuka when he was a driver to Air Vice Marshal Ben Obi, the special adviser to governor Soludo on security matters.
I never knew he was the person until this issue camp up. When I met him and told him that he and his men did not behalf maturely he picked offence and asked me if I can tell him what to do. I also told him that man number was sent him to call me so that we can help you identify and he did not call, possible he knew they were not coming to arrest touts but to disorganize what we have built and
bring back touts at the area" he said .

Re: Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by Kingosytex(m): 11:57am On Dec 26, 2023
cheesy
The anti touts themselves are touts also. It's a case of using a thief to catch a thief grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by immortalcrown(m): 11:59am On Dec 26, 2023
Changing cloth is not changing attitude. Anti-touts na touts.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by Offpointng: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2023
Looks like Yoruba governors have paid Soludo to oppress Ipob in their state.

This cannot be accepted, Soludo is slowly becoming anti-Ipob
Re: Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by buharibanjo(m): 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2023
No be only Anti-tout na Uncle-agbero🤣

1 Like

Re: Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by BikoMERCYme(f): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2023
I
Re: Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by Creamypie(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Everybody na king for east
Re: Soludo Anti Touts Beat Us With 2x2 Planks Every Morning --keke Drivers Lament by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:26am On Dec 27, 2023
Offpointng:
Looks like Yoruba governors have paid Soludo to oppress Ipob in their state.

This cannot be accepted, Soludo is slowly becoming anti-Ipob

Continuing dragging Yoruba into your brothers maladministration.if you think it's mirage wait for it

(1) (Reply)

Want To Shoot Your Music Or Wedding Videos, Or Edit Your Movies? CHECK THIS OUT! / China Arrests 15,000 For Cyber Crime / Military Uncovers Bomb Factory In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.