Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet (4688 Views)

Truckloads Of Dangote Rice Arrive Lagos For Distribution / Sanwo-olu, Wike, Fayose Arrive Lagos For COWLSO Conference / Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo (2) (3) (4)

Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by November1857(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2023
I arrive lagos today. Everywhere is very quiet. Traffic no dey and many shops are closed. This is a reminder to people that keep telling igbos to go back to anambra. The day they decided to to go back, economic activities in lagos will suffer.

https://twitter.com/TruthToArewa/status/1739640625929036208?t=am6fdQeSZ1bwabY0vWSIQQ&s=19

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Ikaeniyan0: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2023
maybe there's another Lagos in Nigeria I don't know of

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by DrDoc: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
Lolz

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Enugurangers: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2023
November1857:

https://twitter.com/TruthToArewa/status/1739640625929036208?t=am6fdQeSZ1bwabY0vWSIQQ&s=19
How is this Arewa twitter?

It's holiday season. Most places will be closed except some entertainment and night life hotspot.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Enugurangers: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
maybe there's another Lagos in Nigeria I don't know of
It's self deceit and gaslighting. grin

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by ElSudani: 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ismaila Yusuf a.k.a IPOB hater. Did you also visit other towns and cities in the SW?
Are there economic activities in those places?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by November1857(m): 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2023

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by omohayek: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2023
What a lot of rubbish! London, Paris and Berlin also turn into ghost towns over the exact same period. Is that because all their Igbos went home as well? Or is it due to the simple reason that all businesses and commercial operations shut up shop over the Christmas period, and people take the time to meet with their friends and relatives?

The constant attempt to push this ridiculous narrative about Lagos being "dead" without Igbos smacks of a gigantic inferiority complex. The city would still look "dead" over Christmas even if not a single Igbo left town for the holidays - why would anyone be out on the streets with all shops and offices shut?

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Goodvibes007: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2023
November1857:
https://twitter.com/chymaker/status/1739618894086611009?t=eu8yYi00qqZt33kNBoEMyA&s=19
Please take it easy with these lies. That's how one one of you by the name mighty Mohammed and using the DP of a northerner got bursted on twitter this morning for chest beating lies by claiming a mansion in Pakistan was built by an Igbo man in Lagos.

Jan 2022. He was busy posting about the beauty of masquerade in Enugu. 2023, he is now a Mohammed from the North grin

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Obiedun(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2023
They should stay in their land

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by johnmartus(m): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2023
Honestly I just don't know why this people keep fooling themselves. Inferiority complex at it peak.

35 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by killsmith(f): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2023
Some people's ewedu will taste very bitter today.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by NoSmoking: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2023
Maybe na Lagos hostel for UNILORIN u go

because most students don travel

🤕

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by sunboy(m): 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2023
omohayek:
What a lot of rubbish! London, Paris and Berlin also turn into ghost towns over the exact same period. Is that because all their Igbos went home as well? Or is it due to the simple reason that all businesses and commercial operations shut up shop over the Christmas period, and people take the time to meet with their friends and relatives?

The constant attempt to push this ridiculous narrative about Lagos being "dead" without Igbos smacks of a gigantic inferiority complex. The city would still look "dead" over Christmas even if not a single Igbo left town for the holidays - why would anyone be out on the streets with all shops and offices shut?

God bless you!

My city here in the US was a ghost town on Xmas day, I wonder if the Igbos also left here for their villages too.

These people can be so naive … their brain is fixated on proving nonsensical claims and must be tribal related.

Boya make them move their businesses over there and stay back. So Lagos can “suffer” without them.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by vanbonattel: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2023
I left Lagos this morning, will spend some days in Owerri before reaching village later this week. So many occasions to attend.

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by November1857(m): 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2023
johnmartus:
Honestly I just don't know why this people keep fooling them. Inferiority complex at it peak.
So the person behind Arewa twitter handle is Igbo..

Yoruba Muslim..

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by vanbonattel: 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2023
sunboy:

Gos bless you!

My city here in the US was a ghost town on Xmas day, I wonder if the Igbos also left here for their villages too.

These people can be so naive … their brain is fixated on proving nonsensical claims and must be tribal related.

Even Saudi Arabia was a ghost town. Jesus is reigning all over the world. grin

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Enugurangers: 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2023
November1857:

Yoruba Muslim..
You have started exposing who you really are. Just another Nairaland tribalist.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by sunboy(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2023
vanbonattel:

Even Saudi Arabia was a ghost town. Jesus is reigning all over the world. grin

It’s a holiday that’s all.

Let's not involve Jesus abeg cos that’s another discussion on it own and Jesus wasn’t born on the 25th of December instead it’s white peoples pagan celebration date. Like I said before, that na another topic for another day.

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by kettykin: 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2023
omohayek:

You still don't get it, the bubble left Lagos and is presently in the east, Lagos presently is in a hibernation mode while the east is on hyperactive mode.

The same country, the same season but different modes

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by vanbonattel: 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2023
sunboy:

It’s a holiday that’s all.

Let's not involve Jesus abeg cos that’s another discussion on it own and Jesus wasn’t born on the 25th of December instead it’s white peoples pagan celebration date. Like I said before, that na another topic for another day.

I love the way I draw you out, grin so the people went home because they are pagans?

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by November1857(m): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2023
Enugurangers:

You have started exposing who you really are. Just another Nairaland tribalist.
Loh ! Truth they says is always bitter. grin.

Truth remained that without Igbo, no Lagos..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Obiedun(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2023

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by seunmsg(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2023
Igbos and inferiority complex! 🤦‍♀️

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by Goodvibes007: 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2023
November1857:

Yoruba Muslim..
Just like the Arewa twitter below bah 👇

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by PressMyButton: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2023
I bet you if ibos leave Lagos, in 48hours all the shops will be taken over. When Ghanaians left in '83, ibos and minority tribes from SS migrated to Lagos and took over the shops. Ghanaians were selling almost everything and making money yet they never said they developed Lagos. I challenge ibos that have gone back home for holidays never to come back and let's see who would survive without who.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by MadamExcellency: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2023
johnmartus:
Honestly I just don't know why this people keep fooling them. Inferiority complex at it peak.

Ogbeni, show us the pictures of your village. You no get money to visit your kinsmen?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by sunboy(m): 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2023
vanbonattel:

I love the way I draw you out, grin so the people went home because they are pagans?

You drew yourself out. Christmas is an holiday across the globe in all countries that have a sizable Christian population.

Because it’s fixed as an holiday to celebrate Jesus don’t mean Jesus was born on 25th of December. Got it ? Go ask your pastor if 25th was Jesus birth date. Peace ✌🏾

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by omohayek: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2023
kettykin:

You still don't get it, the bubble left Lagos and is presently in the east, Lagos presently is in a hibernation mode while the east is on hyperactive mode.

The same country, the same season but different modes
Sure, and that explains why hardly a person is to be found walking the streets of London, even in the West End - because all Igbos that give the city its energy have gone home. You must never have step foot out of Nigeria's borders to believe there's anything special about the Igbo presence in Lagos.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by happney65: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2023
It's end of the year and it's normal thing. It has nothing with being Igbo. Ko gbe enu buruku soun

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by November1857(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2023
Obiedun:
You are playing victim mentality.
so Arewa man that behind the news, is playing ⏯️ ▶️ victim mentality. grin

Yoruba Muslims self.. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arewa Twitter: I Arrive Lagos Today, Everywhere Is Quiet by ElSudani: 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2023
New York, Chicago, Toronto and London England were all ghost towns on Christmas. I guess Ibos also left for Christmas.

23 Likes 4 Shares

2011: Bloodshed, Calamity Ahead – Primate Olabayo / See What Nigerians Did To Rochas Okorocha (hilarious Photo). / Opinion: Kogi State Is Not Supposed To Be Part Of The North