Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead (30359 Views)

Ghali Na’Abba Died Without A House, Left ₦250k In Bank — Hussain Na’abba / NCFront: Ghali Na’abba Dumps Third Force Coalition / Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by infogenius(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2023
Ghali Umar Na'Abba was a Nigerian politician who served as the Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1999 to 2003.
He was a prominent figure in the Nigerian political landscape and was known for his outspokenness and his commitment to democracy and good governance.

Here are some of his most famous quotes:

"The legislature is not a rubber stamp. It is not an extension of the executive arm of government. It is a co-equal branch of government."
This quote highlights Na'Abba's belief in the importance of the separation of powers and the role of the legislature as a check on the executive.

"We must not allow the enemies of democracy to take advantage of our temporary setbacks. We must remain vigilant and continue to fight for the values that we believe in."
This quote was spoken by Na'Abba in the wake of the impeachment of President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003. It shows his determination to defend democracy even in the face of challenges.

"The Nigerian people deserve better than they are getting. They deserve a government that is transparent, accountable, and responsive to their needs."

This quote is a call for good governance and reflects Na'Abba's commitment to improving the lives of ordinary Nigerians.

"We must not allow our differences to divide us. We must come together as a nation and build a better future for all Nigerians."
This quote is a plea for unity and reflects Na'Abba's belief that Nigerians must work together to overcome their challenges.

"I believe that the future of Nigeria is bright. We have a young and vibrant population, and we are rich in natural resources. If we can harness our potential, we can build a great nation." This quote expresses Na'Abba's optimism about the future of Nigeria.

These are just a few of Ghali Umar Na'Abba's most famous quotes.

During his time, he was a complex and controversial figure, but there is no doubt that he was a significant figure in Nigerian history.
His quotes will continue to inspire and challenge Nigerians.

RIP Sir

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by goodconsience77: 8:51am On Dec 27, 2023
[b][/b]
Life
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by WorldRichest: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2023
LegendHero:

This is what poor people say to console themselves.

How many poor people will even be remembered at all after they die?

Several

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by MightySparrow: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2023
Eyah!!!!
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by jamesversion: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2023
Nicepoker:
RIP. Right from salisu, na Abba, tambuwal, bankole. The way these speakers fizzled out from politics is always funny. Ha I can forget Patricia.

The House of reps and senate during the Obasanjo era especially his first term had the highest academic scandals in this political dispensation.
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2023
I feel happy each time I heard about the death of any Nigeria politician, even if they're my parents. No politician in Nigeria is good. None. And my dislike for them can only be equalled to devil.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by onuman: 8:54am On Dec 27, 2023
Awuuuu! RIP.

Obasanjo Olusegun survived you in every endeavour.
Acting privileged Born to Rule due to you from the skewed and fraudulent political structure of Nigeria created by your military dictators should not have been.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by wink2015(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2023
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by happney65: 8:54am On Dec 27, 2023
Ghali Umar Na,Abba. He really showed Obasanjo shege.

He even wanted to start am impeachment process against Obasanjo one time. grin

Last I heard of him,I think he was already a member of the APC

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by showwiggy: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2023
santakris:

That's Salisu Buhari. This guy took over from him

Why are you educating him?original olodo..
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by coputa(m): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2023
Jesuschrist01:
University of Toronto...Obasanjo dealt with him.
salisu Buhari and not ghali naaba
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by SalamRushdie: 9:00am On Dec 27, 2023
OMG ,the last time I saw him he didn't look too healthy..May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by Areacleo: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2023
Dreal1247:
What are you going to be remembered for? As it is crystal clear that money can never secure indefinite life on earth, everyone needs to understand the place of positive impacts in our contemporary world. After managing the affairs the mighty House Of Representatives of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria, today, time has come for him to meet the creator. The number of the poor and downtrodden who benefits from your position to me is the most precious trophy.
Rip to the dead.
oh well not really a fan but I remember he was anti 3rd term under Obasanjo, he lost his rep election because he fought against third term.. That's thd only thing I can remember him for right now.. May his soul rest in Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by Chibuzoripob: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2023
sad no money to L sad sadT like when he was tye number 4 with his trouble
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by wolebest: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2023
Jesuschrist01:

This not the Toronto guy....
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by iddoro: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2023
Inna Lillahi Wa Ina illahi Rajiuna
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by Mozegee: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2023
If those elected criminals will know one day that they will die and leave all the whole stolen money for their children to fight. They will atleast do a good thing they will be remembered for.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by perdollar(m): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2023
He refused the 3rd term agenda and fought Obasanjo to a stand still

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by wolebest: 9:07am On Dec 27, 2023
santakris:

https://leadership.ng/just-in-ex-speaker-ghali-naabba-is-dead/

This guy took OBJ on for size, but Ebora Owu dealt him, until he could not recover.
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by spencekat(m): 9:07am On Dec 27, 2023
Nicepoker:
RIP. Right from salisu, na Abba, tambuwal, bankole. The way these speakers fizzled out from politics is always funny. Ha I can forget Patricia.
Tambuwal is much around

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by faceland: 9:08am On Dec 27, 2023
Reminder that time is moving.

RIP
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by ItisWell22(f): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2023
Household name that year! 😢

Janatu Firdaus. 🤲
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by spencekat(m): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
I feel happy each time I heard about the death of any Nigeria politician, even if they're my parents. No politician in Nigeria is good. None. And my dislike for them can only be equalled to devil.
Daily, people die.
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by Nicepoker(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

You are not smart
Your opinion.
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by azpekuliar: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2023
He was seen struggling to walk on the streets of UK a while back. You could tell his end was near.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by spencekat(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2023
kerry57:
May he rest in peace if he served Nigeria well and may be rest in the opposite if contributed to this current mess.
Nigerian leaders are so heartless leading like there is no God and no death.
Na you go determine whether him go rest in peace?
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by Confirm4real(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2023
Hope they will bury him with some money

Polithiefcian!
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by AfroKnight: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2023
The last sentence. grin
Salisu Buhari’s name is spoilt forever. With his Toronto degree

Oh legislator
Oh certificati
Oh gba master
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by johannu(m): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
I'm afraid the future generation of Nigerians will beg God to extradite Nigeria's past leaders from hell to come and serve their punishments here on earth before being sent back to hell.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by bluefilm: 9:14am On Dec 27, 2023
Eyaaaa

This man show obasanjo shege that time!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by bigpicture001: 9:17am On Dec 27, 2023
Jesuschrist01:

he is not the university of toronto speaker who has to resign...
Re: Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead by Beverlyjean(f): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2023
I remember when he was being driven in his new BMW 7 series

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Comic Strip (pics) About Nigeria Politics (will Be Update Every 48hours) / Boko Haram Abducts 400+ Women In Borno State / Politicians At Wedding Reception Of Saraki's Daughter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.