Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun (25850 Views)

Ghali Na’Abba Died Without A House, Left ₦250k In Bank — Hussain Na’abba / Ex-Reps Speaker, Ghali Na’abba Is Dead / NCFront: Ghali Na’abba Dumps Third Force Coalition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by oshozondii: 1:08pm On May 01, 2020
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Umar Ghali Na’ Abba, is alive, contrary to a report posted on our platform earlier.

The said false report was posted by our intern, who meant to write Ambassador Umar Ghali who recently passed on; already the said writer is facing disciplinary action.

We retract the report and apologise to Hon Na’Abba for the embarrassment the report may have caused him. We hold the former speaker in high esteem and cannot go out of our way to do anything to embarrass him.

Na’abba who is currently in London, in refuting the report, declared: “For the information of all my colleagues, I’m hale and hearty here in London. I will be back in Abuja as soon as flights are available.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/retraction-ghali-naabba-alive-hail-hearty/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by athaboi(f): 1:09pm On May 01, 2020
Your intern have access to your site to write such unfounded story?? Is a lie, you people have not said what went wrong

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Avalancheman: 1:10pm On May 01, 2020
Expensive error! Heads must roll!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:10pm On May 01, 2020
Any politician "death" news that didn't come directly from Kemi olulonyo is a fake news

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Mcreloaded(m): 1:11pm On May 01, 2020
Your nine lives are still intact.
Thank God

3 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by bolaayenimo: 1:11pm On May 01, 2020
I hope they won't kill that intern In Kano. That was highly unprofessional of him. The name doesn't even sound alike as one doesn't have Na' Abba

6 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by DanseMacabre(m): 1:15pm On May 01, 2020
Lol.

Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very expensive error.

Intern ko lantern ni.

Shey editor no dey again

22 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by awesomely: 1:21pm On May 01, 2020
Looks like someone is trying to evade legal action.
Intern ko apprehentice ni!

Meanwhile the intern be like:

6 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Buharidgeneral: 1:22pm On May 01, 2020
Nairaland Nairaland Nairaland
How many time did I call you
The table you're shaking......

3 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Sakamaje: 1:24pm On May 01, 2020
SunNewspaper should not get into the habit of sourcing their news from tabloids and gossip blogs so as not to soil their rep.

8 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by helinues: 1:26pm On May 01, 2020
Why can't they verify the news before rushing to published it

Sun news now Dark news

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by oka4ugoo: 1:26pm On May 01, 2020
Clubkonnect credit my wallet or refund me my money na beg I still dey beg you. Mbok, Bikonu, Abeg refund my money or credit my wallet.

1 Like

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by EdidemLord(m): 1:26pm On May 01, 2020
They're killing their credibility.

2 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by bolaayenimo: 1:27pm On May 01, 2020
H
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by meum: 1:28pm On May 01, 2020
D ting shock Na'abba shocked

The intern "INTERNtionally" posted it since he/she couldn't distinguish between the two.

2 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by datola: 1:28pm On May 01, 2020
Embarrassment
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by kingthreat(m): 1:28pm On May 01, 2020
EFCC should have closed down this mediocre media by the thief Orji Uzor Kalu

2 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 01, 2020
shocked

He is lucky he didn't die. He wouldn't have gone to Firdaus or Jannah because they do no exist.

Repent and accept Christ as the only way to heaven.
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by obembet(f): 1:28pm On May 01, 2020
Make he do live video...
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Melezenawii: 1:28pm On May 01, 2020
IPOB NEWSPAPER, what do you expect. FAKE NEWS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Martinola(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
You got to be kidding me.
Somebody must answer to this joke
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by PigTormentor: 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
LMAO......junk journalism is all over Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by ekestic1976(f): 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
athaboi:
Your intern have access to your site to write such unfounded story?? Is a lie, you people have not said what went wrong
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by OtemAtum: 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
Na wa o. If you are a rich and famous Nigerian, you would have died, redied and overdie before you will eventually die in reality grin

1 Like

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by lalawealthy: 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
Confuse people
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by ignis: 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
OMG, this is worst than printing and publicizing someone's obituary.

Apology accepted on his behalf, however you guys don't know how to lie. The excuse given is dumb and difficult for a reasonable person to believe.

An intern is expected to have a supervisor who vets and authorize all his report before sending it to another superior supervisor who audits and make necessary correction if any.

In a sane clime, this newspaper company will be sued for damages and her it's licences suspended.

3 Likes

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Badonasty(m): 1:30pm On May 01, 2020
if na me be the man walahi I don hammer....court straight... libel and slander

1 Like

Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by Olathunji010(m): 1:31pm On May 01, 2020
May almighty God take control of dis coronavirus issues for us, so very quickly as soon as possible amen
Re: Retraction: Ghali Na’abba Alive, Hail, Hearty - The Sun by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:31pm On May 01, 2020
If I were the former speaker I will supervise the beating of the originator of this fake news to serve as deterrent to others.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate / Olu Falae Admits Paying Ransom To Kidnappers / Jafaru Isa Returns N100million To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.