Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth (24490 Views)

Abba Kyari: The Vanity Of Power, Status And Wealth / Emptiness Of Wike Governance Collapsed In Rivers State / Dino Melaye At His Mother's Burial: "The Vanity Of Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by mrfizy(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
pansophist:
How a man can immortalize his name is by his deeds. There are men that died in their 20's or 30's that would be remembered forever, than some that lived up to a 100 years.

So in this sense, one could argue that existence is not vanity. Life in itself can be vanity, since all life will die, but the work of your hands will always lives on, and that's everlasting.

RIP
To be remembered for a very long time,one has to be a King and or scientist and or philosopher.Not so for mere politicians as they are easily mass produced.

1 Like

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by sukkot: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
oyeb15:
All the things they eat and drink to get political power turn back to sickness when it expires in their body.
lmao what do they eat and drink . Ogbeni Soro soke ooooo 👀👀
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by TheAlchemist: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2023
Greatzeus:

You guys always forget one thing when a very rich person dies? All his connections and wealth and riches did not die,they have passed to his children,and definitely children's children.
Your kids and akeredolu's grandchildren can never go to the same school,they can never be on the same pedestal of life. They won't have to walk on the street looking for job or sending thousands of CVs online.
Nobody goes with his wealth when he dies,yes we know. But a person who leaves wealth,I mean weighty wealth's to his children and grandchildren has solved 90% of their lives struggles and problems.
Don't deceive yourself, money of a man can never be underestimated,alive or dead. Money answers all things lady,and that is the Word of God.

Wealth without work... Mahatma Ghandhi... I would advise you to read more about the 7 deadly sins.... Most of this children that such wealth is left to end up under achieving their true potentials.It is often worse for the children if the wealth were stolen or looted from the Nations commonwealth.

1 Like

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2023
SensualMan1:
We all have a lesson to learn, the question is
Can Tinubu learn a single lesson from this?

You sound so UNREASONABLE. You think you are excluded from DEATH? Have you seen the video of when Tinubu's mum died? That is enough lesson for him. Who know if you be next to die.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by mrfizy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2023
Memento Mori.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by PrinceGallant: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Do u know why people even grieve when their loved ones die?

The grieving isnt about the dead, as he/she has transited and shifted to a diff realm, the grieve is for those he left behind as they would miss him and will never get to see him again

Again, death isnt a negative occurence, the dead even prefer death as that is the only time they experience eternal peace in their nothingness

You and your this philosophy, but you refused to bring forth any evidence to back up your point
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by warrifinest1985: 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

The grieving isnt about the dead, as he/she has transited and shifted to a diff realm, the grieve is for those he left behind as they would miss him and will never get to see him again

Again, death isnt a negative occurence, the dead even prefer death as that is the only time they experience eternal peace in their nothingness
But i love the vanity so much.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by ungara17: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2023
All men are caught in an inescapable network of mortality, at the binomial curve of life, DEATH lies beyond.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2023
ukaface:

How?
We shouldn’t get/ buy things because we would die one day?

I see the thread as nonsense. I guess she shouldn't use the Internet and go live in a cave because after all everyone gonna die.

2 Likes

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by darthv: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2023
Komu1048:
Wike need this advice more
i swear, like Ameachi said wike can sell his mother for money
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Lincton: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2023
The rich and the poor will die
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by lendahand(m): 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

stop being absolute on things bigger than you.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Jomonix: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2023
He has passed on but his life has not ended. I wish him joyful activities in the beyond and pray that in the beyond he comes to a better knowledge of the beautiful creation and move his way back to the luminous gardens of paradise as awaits each and every one of us. May he be open to spiritual guidance necessary for growth and progress.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Raalsalghul: 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2023
pansophist:
How a man can immortalize his name is by his deeds. There are men that died in their 20's or 30's that would be remembered forever, than some that lived up to a 100 years.

So in this sense, one could argue that existence is not vanity. Life in itself can be vanity, since all life will die, but the work of your hands will always lives on, and that's everlasting.

RIP

Reminds me of Alexander The Third (Also known as the great): he died at 33 years old and still remembered almost 2400 years later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by judedwriter(m): 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2023
Truly, according to King Solomon, life is vanity upon vanity.

What really is the meaning of life?

Enjoyment?

Pleasures?

Money?

Life is all about fulfilling your destiny and purpose on earth.

And above all, pleasing your maker above all things.

2 Likes

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Yankee101: 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2023
People won’t learn
They keep accumulating illegally gained wealth
They don’t help people or think about life after death

Remember your Creator and turn from your evil ways

1 Like

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by themanderon: 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2023
I hope wike learns from this. One day he will leave all those things he is bragging about to a land of no return.
Death is the ultimate equaliser.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Atolu01: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2023
Naso. Abegii.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Musty112: 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2023
And what is the life of this world, except the enjoyment of illusion
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Geovanni412(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

Great man, I wish you the same.

Which yeye Tottenham?!! grin

I support Leeds United, Sir. We are doing well, and definitely getting promoted back to EPL along with Leicester City. cool

Leeds...I'll note that

All na white shirt, no vex cool

That'll be great. Una fans too loyal.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by femi4: 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Who told you they prefer death? No one prefer leaving his love ones behind
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by SAMBARRY: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

the Bible said after death is judgement so he's either In heaven or hell.no middle ground so accept Jesus Christ now as your Lord and saviour

1 Like

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by dododawa1: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2023
Is a good man

For creating

AMOTEKUN

For

Odududwa people

RIP man.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Greattha: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2023
RIP Aketi.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Tyktoker: 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2023
The day it would dawn on African leaders that life is empty and every human being should live without suffering till death Africa will be like developed countries where they consider their heaven to be earth here for everyone!
Minime10:
Akeredolu passes on.
May his Soul Rest in Peace.
All the struggles has ended
The powers
The influences
The certificates, Degrees & Titles
The much cherrished skin will now becomes termites food.
The luxury cars and mansions is of no use any more to the dead.
All the swags and protocols of office has ended.
All the security details and guards have abandon H.E to die and none would ever want to follow him to the after life.
What lesson are we learning from here?
It could be me or you tomorrow.
Do you realised you will die one day and you will also leave all those things you value so much behind
I believed if those people who love the goodies of political office so much had allowed the man to stay back in Germany and follow through his treatment, maybe, just maybe this death wouldn't have happen now. But because they love power so much and as such, they must drag a sick man back home just because of their parochial selfish interest and now they have lost all.
Let us live as though we know we will die one day.
Rest on Sir.

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by dododawa1: 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2023
Is a good man

For creating

AMOTEKUN

For

Odududwa people

RIP man.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Spirit7957(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

it is also the only path to truth cos this life is all lies.
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by adeoyekay(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2023
dododawa1:
Is a good man

For creating

AMOTEKUN

For

Odududwa people

RIP man.[b][/b]
My best Governor ever

1 Like

Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by tsdarkside(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
okay....
atleast you didnt tried to divert to that white jessssus christ nonesense....

true true its all indeed vanities....
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Anuoluwagbemiga: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
My Gov.R.I.P.May God bless anybody that can help me with anything...I'm seriously hungry.
Palmpay 7069951332.Thanks
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by Spirit7957(m): 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2023
Imka ;post=127647352:
The gods conceal from men the happiness of death, that they may endure life.

But sometimes, the dead like that ancestor in the picture above prefer to cling to the land of the living and spread their stench of death everywhere
grin grin grin
Re: Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth by tsdarkside(m): 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2023
dododawa1:
Is a good man

For creating

AMOTEKUN

For

Odududwa people

RIP man.[b][/b]

he was the person that came up with AMOTEKUN....??

i didnt know that....
good guy....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark / PDP Suspends Kashamu, 6 Others / 3 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Ajao Estate, Isolo, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.