Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? (702 Views)

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? / To New Believers, Today is a Good Opportunity To Serve GOD Well / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2023
Mark 16:15,18
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 "They will pick up snakes with their hands;”
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by adeoyekay(m): 11:07am On Dec 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
18 "They will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all
At times it doesn't applicable to physical snake
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2023
adeoyekay:

So which none physical snake would you like to pick up?
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by adeoyekay(m): 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:

So which none physical snake would you like to pick up?
u can't understand bro it is beyond your reasoning

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:
18 "They will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all

The book of Mark 16 ends at verse 8

Check most versions to be sure of what i just told you! smiley
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The book of Mark 16 ends at verse 8

Check most versions to be sure of what i just told you! smiley

How do you know if any of the New Testament books ever started at all and it's all just an invention for the Roman empire.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2023
adeoyekay:
Which one be none physical snake then? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:

How do you know if any of the New Testament books ever started at all and it's all just an invention for the Roman empire.

How do you know if all the books ever started at all and it's all just an invention for the Roman empire.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

How do you know if all the books ever started at all and it's all just an invention for the Roman empire.

The Old Testament we have today has been edited and updated by the Roman empire to make the God of the Old Testament to look like a God that is always angry and a Fake New Testament god that took Joseph's virgin wife to be the gentle good god that created himself as Jesus christ.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:

The Old Testament we have today has been edited and updated by the Roman empire to make the God of the Old Testament to look like a God that is always angry and a Fake New Testament god that took Joseph's virgin wife to be the gentle good god that created himself as Jesus christ.

So everything whether old or young is FAKE! smiley
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:43am On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:
😂 I was having this discussion with Max on the other thread where I mentioned to him that their Jesus instructed them to heal the sick and all that.
But the dude said their Jesus only sent his disciples to the Jew whilst the book says "The disciples went everywhere (emphasis on everywhere, not just the land of the Jews).

Man! I was too embarrassed to further the discussion with him so, I just kept my cool.

The truth is. The first 2 signs that the book mentioned is broadly missing and there is no physical manifestation of it.

It says they shall cast out demons and they shall speak with new tongues. Since there are no demons to cast out. Let's talk about the speaking of new tongues.

New tongue simply means a new language that you've never spoken all your life.
So when a Nigerian man speaks in tongue for the first time. He could speak Chinese.
The second time he could speak Hindu because he already spoke Chinese (it's no longer new to the speaker)

The bible is meant to be taken as a fun book. Problems arise when you think it's anything special than a story book
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

😂 I was having this discussion with Max on the other thread where I mentioned to him that their Jesus instructed them to heal the sick and all that.
But the dude said their Jesus only sent his disciples to the Jew whilst the book says "The disciples went everywhere (emphasis on everywhere, not just the land of the Jews).

If you're sure of your argument why not answer what i asked you?

Jesus expressly said:

These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" Matt 10:5-6

Which means the miracles aren't meant for the benefit of any nation outside Israel! Matthew 15:24

I know you want to argue but you lack the knowledge since your former pastors never told you the truth now that you know you just feel they should perform miracles anyway since first century (Jewish) Christians performed. smiley
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by FRANCISTOWN: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If you're sure of your argument why not answer what i asked you?

Jesus expressly said:

These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" Matt 10:5-6

Which means the miracles aren't meant for the benefit of any nation outside Israel! Matthew 15:24

I know you want to argue but you lack the knowledge since your former pastors never told you the truth now that you know you just feel they should perform miracles anyway since first century (Jewish) Christians performed. smiley

Since the founder of Jehovah Witness didn't have substantial biblical knowledge. He taught the same BS to you guys.

In the latter verses of Mark 16

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
[19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
[20] And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen

My emphasis is on verse 20.
Your half baked primitive knowledge only quoted what Jesus told them before his death. After his death he gave them the same instructions in verse 15: "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature"
which the verse 20 confirmed.

Anyone who does no heal the sick, raise the dead, speak with new tongues and cast demons out is not sent by Jesus. But only a group of jobless individuals who have nothing to do with their limited time. Bunch of retards
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Since the founder of Jehovah Witness didn't have substantial biblical knowledge. He taught the same BS to you guys.

In the latter verses of Mark 16

[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
[19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
[20] And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen

My emphasis is on verse 20.
Your half baked primitive knowledge only quoted what Jesus told them before his death. After his death he gave them the same instructions in verse 15: "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature"
which the verse 20 confirmed.

Anyone who does no heal the sick, raise the dead, speak with new tongues and cast demons out is not sent by Jesus. But only a group of jobless individuals who have nothing to do with their limited time. Bunch of retards

Instead these deceivers today are speaking in thongs.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by paxonel(m): 7:53am On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:
of what use are these signs to believers today, to prove what exactly?
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:00am On Dec 28, 2023
paxonel:
of what use are these signs to believers today, to prove what exactly?

The signs will prove that Jesus is the one that sent them and that they are not just deceivers.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by FRANCISTOWN: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Instead these deceivers today are speaking in thongs.
I've never seen or heard anyone speak in tongues. Only a whole lot of gibberish
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by paxonel(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

The signs will prove that Jesus is the one that sent them and that they are not just deceivers.
and then souls will be won to Christ?

Understand the era we are living today.
People are much more wiser than watching magic circles where entertainers pick up snakes and drink poisons for the show.

Even children are not moved by such feats anymore
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2023
paxonel:
and then souls will be won to Christ?

Understand the era we are living today.
People are much more wiser than watching magic circles where entertainers pick up snakes and drink poisons for the show.

Even children are not moved by such feats anymore

So those signs were just for entertainment at that time because the people at that time were not wise.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by DoWhatThouWilt: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

18 "They will pick up snakes with their hands;”

Was that scripture written for believers of today?
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by paxonel(m): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

So those signs were just for entertainment at that time because the people at that time were not wise.
lets say, an ancient primitive world will see fictional entertainments(which may be described as shadow of things to come in the real and contemporary literate world) as miracles or signs, it is normal.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Since you don't want the book to appeal to anyone you just want to play the ostrich game and insult those believing it but if you're ready for knowledge check other versions of the Bible to know that the Bible book of Mark ends with verse 8 that's why you can't see anyone performing what you're expecting! smiley
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2023
DoWhatThouWilt:

Was that scripture written for believers of today?
Mark never wrote that his book ends with 16:8
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I've never seen or heard anyone speaking in tongues. Only a whole lots of gibberish

But why are people so gullible and not questioning all these gibberish they are being disturbed with by all these nuisance speaking in thongs?
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by KnownUnknown: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

But why are people so gullible and not questioning all these gibberish they are being disturbed with by all these nuisance speaking in thongs?

The same reasons you don’t question the extraordinary things you believe.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

MaxInDHouse:

So everything whether old or young is FAKE! smiley

KnownUnknown:

That's why i appreciate atheists and agnostics much more than people who claims they trusted in some books called "inspired" without questioning yet they will question the sanity of others who also believe in others books regarded as inspired! undecided
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's why i appreciate atheists and agnostics much more than people who claims they trusted in some books called "inspired" without questioning yet they will question the sanity of others who also believe in others books regarded as inspired! undecided

KnownUnknown:

If you start speaking Japanese just of a sudden without ever learning such then that's an extraordinary event. But
if you start speaking nonsense gibberish as speaking in thongs then your sanity needs to be questioned.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by KnownUnknown: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

If you start speaking Japanese just of a sudden without ever learning such then that's an extraordinary event. But
if you start speaking nonsense gibberish as speaking in thongs then your sanity needs to be questioned.

Same can also be said for your beliefs. You believe extraordinary things that some may call ridiculous or “invented”.
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

If you start speaking Japanese just of a sudden without ever learning such then that's an extraordinary event. But if you start speaking nonsense gibberish as speaking in thongs then your sanity needs to be questioned.

The truth about miracles is that most of you don't know why God often intervene in some cases. If there's a message you need to pass to an Indian but you have colleagues who are also Indians is it necessary for you to speak the language anymore when you already have someone who also wants to share the same message in that particular language?

At Pentecost 33 C.E. all the disciples of Christ Jesus were Jews those visitors that came to Jerusalem to worship were Jews residing in far away nations and prostyles who have learned how to speak Jewish language due to their love for Judaism so for the message about Christ to sound unique and having God's backing that's why the Christians were granted the power to speak those strange languages.
That event happened once and never was it repeated so for some to think they have to speak in tongues as a sign of God's backing for their religion makes no practical sense after all it's the same message your church wants to pass that others around you are passing! undecided
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The truth about miracles is that most of you don't know why God often intervene in some cases. If there's a message you need to pass to an Indian but you have colleagues who are also Indians is it necessary for you to speak the language anymore when you already have someone who also wants to share the same message in that particular language?

At Pentecost 33 C.E. all the disciples of Christ Jesus were Jews those visitors that came to Jerusalem to worship were Jews residing in far away nations and prostyles who have learned how to speak Jewish language due to their love for Judaism so for the message about Christ to sound unique and having God's backing that's why the Christians were granted the power to speak those strange languages.
That event happened once and never was it repeated so for some to think they have to speak in tongues as a sign of God's backing for their religion makes no practical sense after all it's the same message your church wants to pass that others around you are passing! undecided

So why are many Jesus followers today speaking nonsense gibberish as speaking in thongs?
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

So why are many Jesus followers today speaking nonsense gibberish as speaking in thongs?
Are you still asking me if you understand the post?
Well they're following the trend not God's word! Matthew 15:7-8
Re: Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Are you still asking me if you understand the post?
Well they're following the trend not God's word! Matthew 15:7-8

You cannot pick and choose what you want from what Jesus has spoken below. If you are a believer in Jesus christ going about preaching the gospel, then all these signs should follow you today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Honest Search For The Truth / Is Painful Childbirth A Specific Curse From God For Eating The Apple? / Get Daily Inspirational And Add Yours Also?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.