Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Talk Is Cheap - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Talk Is Cheap (77 Views)

Let’s Talk!! Is Bishop David Oyedepo A Real Man Of God Or A Businessman? / Let’s Talk!! Is Reverend Father Mbaka The Best Pastor In Nigeria? / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talk Is Cheap by kpakpandoN(m): 5:59am On Dec 28, 2023
Talk is cheap. I have seen countless people talk about things that are good, but when it comes to practicing them, they are nowhere to be found. There are many Pastors who preach ‘powerful’ sermons on the altar, but at home, they don’t practice what they preach. Talk is cheap, that is why only cheap people stay on the level of talk.

If I tell someone that over-speeding when driving is unsafe and then I do the same, does the fact that I talk about it exempt me from its consequences? If you talk about prayer so well and you don’t pray, all the problems that follow prayerlessness will keep following you. This is why we see many people who are sound in Scriptures, yet the word of God does not seem to be yielding anything in their lives. Many a time, it is because they only know the Scriptures, they don’t live by it.

The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach.
Acts 1:1

The above passage shows how Jesus lived. He first ‘did’ before He ‘taught’. If you have not yet done that thing, you have no business teaching it. If it is really valuable as you claim it is, then you should do it first. We who teach the gospel must note what James 3:1 says that teachers will receive the strictest judgement. This is because if you teach it, God expects you to have already been doing it. When you teach what you don’t do, that is hypocrisy. There are many people who are derailed when they see a teacher of the word not practicing what he or she preaches. May people not go to hell because you showed them the wrong example, in Jesus’ name. Matthew 18:6 says:

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

If you really believe what you teach, practice it. If you cannot practice it, stop teaching it.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Talk Is Cheap by RepoMan007: 6:54am On Dec 28, 2023
Idiots abounds.

The doing here is not by witchcraft or Otumokpor. Talk remains the subsidized commodity of those afflicted from womb. The opposite of JTB being filled from womb.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your New Year Resolution? / Daily Prophetic Blessings (episode 240) Rom.8:28 -SOLUTION ENCOUNTERS / Many Rejoice In Ohanku As Crippled Couples Receive Half A Million From Daddy OPM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.