Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija (4633 Views)

Juju: Real Or Not? / Is Juju Real? / Angdatingdaan.org What Do You Think About This Site?let Have A Real Debate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Kay17: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2011
In my secondary school, a teacher had died a week earlier, appeared on assembly ground and promised that a child would die every week in the school.
Up until now, a student dies every week. Juju is real!
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Donshegxy10(m): 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
I am a christian, i believe in GOD, talking of juju, it works, i remember way back in sec school, there are several ones we used when fighting, it is a ring, put it on and hit d other fellow with it, aluwo, ana sare or bante believe me it works & it kills, if u stays somewhere in bariga, you will know it's true.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 10:34pm On Nov 05, 2011
Kay 17:

In my secondary school, a teacher had died a week earlier, appeared on assembly ground and promised that a child would die every week in the school.
Up until now, a student dies every week. Juju is real!

I'm guessing you were at the assembly when the dead teacher appeared, chei, nigerians sha
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 12:02am On Nov 06, 2011
That's murder and someone needs to be apprehended for it.

No excuse for devilish acts by people who are lost and without Jesus.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 12:06am On Nov 06, 2011
Plaetton

i've explained to you what went on- you're free to continue searching for a metaphysical explanation.

Also, about the cold wind blowing- what time of the year was it and is it really so unusual to feel a breeze in the evening or at night. Were there no more breezes on other days even without a blinking light?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 12:45am On Nov 06, 2011
Ha ha ha. Thats very funny. i will not be offended. how can you expalin to me the event that happened to me? thats wierd. even professional debunkers alwasy visit the scene to conduct throrough investigations before they pronounce judgment. U have no idea where this took place , when and who was involved and yet You can explain it to me?. wow.
I guess the only things you believe are the things that only happen to you.
Most of the fantastic tale sojuju are not really meant for us to swallow or believe, but open our minds to posssibilities.
Do u believe in the UFO's and extra-terrestial beings or u'll rather wait till they come to your house for dinner?

1 Like

Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by tpia5: 1:35am On Nov 06, 2011
^I wonder why you make allowances for a white man to disabuse juju but want to insist other blacks must follow your mindset.

That's bondage if you ask me.

Well, continue with your juju lifestyle but know there are others who can give you more "juju" to ponder on since you clearly want to be fed.

You get a thrill perhaps.  After all this stuff sells movies.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Kay17: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2011
@phucknl
i saw it with my own eyes! I remember one when a boy took a ring and turned to a baby lion
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Kxy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2011
The real fact is that they are real. I'm not talking about those people that give fake charms just to make quick money. Juju is part of the dark powers. The fact that it is real does not mean it should be welcomed by all. The thing is that no matter how powerful any spiritual source might be; if it is not from God, please ignore it. Only God has the supreme powers.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
tpia@:

^I wonder why you make allowances for a white man to disabuse juju but want to insist other blacks must follow your mindset.

That's bondage if you ask me.

Well, continue with your juju lifestyle but know there are others who can give you more "juju" to ponder on since you clearly want to be fed.

You get a thrill perhaps. After all this stuff sells movies.

Are you refering to me? Whiteman disabuse juju?? I have nooooo idea what you are talking about. Juju lifestyle? who, me?
I mentioned much ealier that I personally detest juju, superstition and religion. I prefer the scientic method of discerning reality because it is more reliable. I have been stressing however, that simply because we dont understand a phenomena does not mean that that phenomena is unreal. That is arrogance and being dogmatic. Thats is for religious folks.
I have asked you questions that you have completely ignored. I'm going to repeat them and add some more.

1. Do you subscribe to any of the world's religions? yes or no
2. do you believe in UFO's and the existence of extra-terestial life or do u think human beings are all alone in the universe?
3. Do you believe in soul or spirit or do you think that the physical body is all there is?
4, Do you believe in the possiblity of levitation?
5. Do you believe in electromagnetic waves
6. Do you believe in the existence of tachyon particles(particles that are said to travel faster than light)?
Pls answer these questions and lets continue the discussion or ignore them and lets go no further.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Kay17: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^ its not a matter of believing for believing sake. It should be rational. If juju works for blacks, then it should work for white since they are both humans at least. If its observable, why cant it be tested?
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2011
Kay 17:

^^^ its not a matter of believing for believing sake. It should be rational. If juju works for blacks, then it should work for white since they are both humans at least. If its observable, why cant it be tested?
I agree. Science is universally accepted because it deals with things that can be measured.But does that mean that whatever science cannot measure does not exist? even science has theoris about anti-matter, but have they been able to measure it? No.
electromagnetic waves like x-rays and gamma rays etc have always existed but it was only in this past century that we invented instrument to detect them and measure them. Did that mean that they did not exist prior to our discovery? No.
All over the world, in both africa and in the white man's land, there are thousands of unexplainabe phenomena. I mentioned earlier that US government has been funding and involved in what they call scientific remote viewing. Thats a fancy name for juju. pls read up on it on google.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by Kay17: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2011
Electromagnetism phenomenon rented gaps in scientific knowledge, thus it was acknowledged but not discovered. However, juju is by its nature can only function in a chaotic setting where matter or entities lack characters and functions. I cant expect a mango tree to produce yams! No! It must be coherent with nature. Not contrary.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by splitnaija(m): 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
Donshegxy_10:

I am a christian, i believe in GOD, talking of juju, it works, i remember way back in sec school, there are several ones we used when fighting, it is a ring, put it on and hit d other fellow with it, aluwo, ana sare or bante believe me it works & it kills, if u stays somewhere in bariga, you will know it's true.

now, this is where i have a problem with juju. why would anyone want to harm a fellow human? it's exactly the same way i don't know why some people would call themselves robbers and try to violently  dispossess innocent people  of things they laboured so hard for. but whether juju is real or not is undisputable. I still maintain that juju is real.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by plaetton: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2011
Kay 17:

Electromagnetism phenomenon rented gaps in scientific knowledge, thus it was acknowledged but not discovered. However, juju is by its nature can only function in a chaotic setting where matter or entities lack characters and functions. I cant expect a mango tree to produce yams! No! It must be coherent with nature. Not contrary.

Wrong my friend. Before we discovered electromagnetism, it was not acknowledged. It existed only in the realms of magic and sorcery. early alchemist were burned at the stakes for proposing such outlandish and devilish ideas simply because electromagnetism could not be seen or measured. At that time it can be said that it lacked characters and functions. not so?
If you are talking about matter lacking characters and functions, then welcome to world of quantum physics. We have only known less than 10% of the laws that govern matter and the universe. It has been bandied about that technology currently exist that can effectively manipulate matter, space and time in ways that defy all the known laws of physics that we were taught in school.
How about the idea that we are just one of multiple universes(or realities) layered on top of each other but operating on different frequencies or phases?
That would explain a lot of the unexplained.
Bottom line , there is a lot we do not know. Lets just keep an open mind.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by phuckNL: 4:05am On Nov 07, 2011
Kay 17:

@phucknl
i saw it with my own eyes! I remember one when a boy took a ring and turned to a baby lion
Guy take it easy now. Next thing you would say someone turned into a dinosaur. Lion sha1 shocked
Donshegxy_10:

There are ointments you can put on rings that will knock the person out cold. You never watch Prison Break!!
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by mazaje(m): 7:03am On Nov 07, 2011
The problem with us blacks is that we are so closed minded and do not want to test what ever it is that we claim are supernatural. . .Some white people also believe in the supernatural and they agreed to have their claims or supernatural abilities tested on camera. . .Most of their claims failed when tested but at least they were open minded and accepted the invitation of James Randi a man who is willing to give out a million dollars to any body that can fully demonstrate his supernatural abilities. . . .

Here are some videos. . .

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6U8m2l5QY[/flash]

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9EBGI29e2o[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by mazaje(m): 7:10am On Nov 07, 2011
Here is another video of James Randi exposing the tricks used by psychic surgeons. . . .

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u14JFjF9jBg[/flash]
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by mazaje(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by zebudaya(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2011
Acts 8:9-25
New International Version (NIV)
Simon the Sorcerer

9 Now for some time a man named Simon had practiced sorcery in the city and amazed all the people of Samaria. He boasted that he was someone great, 10 and all the people, both high and low, gave him their attention and exclaimed, “This man is rightly called the Great Power of God.” 11 They followed him because he had amazed them for a long time with his sorcery.

12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.

I don't know why you people argue that juju is not real. Your only point being if juju was real how come oyibo man defeated us and colonized us. Well oyibo man has his own juju. Suprise suprise!!! Look at the catholic church and all their rites and incantations etc. Before the Greeks, Assyrians, Romans, Spartans went to war they[b] consulted their oracles[/b]. Did those things die away overnight? Native Americans had their own form of juju. It's just that when it jams oyibo man juju. Oyibo man wins, but when oyibo man juju jams God look up verse 12 and 13 above . God wins.

There is serious voodoo in New Orleans, USA. Both white and black folks do it.  Google it. There's even an American Show "True Blood". consisting almost entirely of vampires and witchcraft, incantations, shape shifters (people who turn to animals). The koran speaks against sorcery. Mexicans have their own witchcraft.

The pope is in BENIN republic today and urged Africans to reject magic and witchcraft http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15803118.

Why would he waste his time if juju is not real? Oyibo men especially the rich Republicans also have their own secret societies eg Bohemian Club

Bone levels. Believe what you want, but don't be condescending.
Re: Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija by comnsense: 2:12am On Jul 23, 2012
Juju cant be real. Let me give you proof that God or deities or juju or the supernatural does not exist. This is a short lesson in logic. I hope you can follow me. Logic consists in building undeniable premises from a general one; as long as they all add up, the truth is reached. Eg. Man is mortal - this is a general undeniable premise. I am a man, therefore I am mortal. These two statements add up; if I am a man, I know incontrovertibly that I am mortal. If anyone comes to tell me that they know or have seen an immortal man, I can say confidently that that was either not a man or they got their facts wrong. This is checking facts with logic.
Juju and all religions depend on the existence of the supernatural to be real. If we can logically show that the supernatural cannot exist, then juju and religions are also false. So, lets begin. To be supernatural, it has to be above the material universe, so it has to be immaterial. Matter is anything that has weight and occupies space, so, the immaterial or supernatural has no weight and doesn't occupy space - it is everywhere and nowhere at once. Therefore, it cannot be a multiple; it can only be one since occupying space is what makes matter countable and separate. This bands all claimed supernatural powers into one entity. Now this entity cannot have all the qualities of perfection, omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence as ascribed to God. Proof? Because they are contradictory - to be all knowing, God has to know the future, therefore, he can't change his mind (or the future he first knew would be false), therefore God is not omnipotent and not perfect. God is then limited and cannot have fullness of existence (having no beginning) as one needs limitlessness for that. If God had a beginning, then he may or may not be the cause of matter. So the supernatural as shown earlier is not perfect or the God of christianity. But we've ascertained that the supernatural had a beginning; that beginning had to have been from something else other than the supernatural and certainly not matter that we don't know about. If it is not matter, it is a further immaterial or supernatural entity. But we showed early on that the supernatural can only be one entity - so this fatally contradicts and cancels out the fact that the supernatural had a beginning as equally shown! So, the supernatural cannot exist. If you didn't follow, let me know and I will try to break it down some more. Hear O Nigeria, your God or gods do not exist. Case closed! Anything you experience individually is SIMPLY lacking in explanation at present or the action of your brain (and the mind is a fragile and powerful thing)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Telugu Christian Christmas Mp3 Songs FREE Download / Interfaith Marriages? / Would You Lie To Save A Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.