Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,780 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke (210 Views)

Osun Gov Polls Result Protest: Court Orders Saraki, Melaye, Murray-bruce To Hono / Osun Gov Election: Oyetola Closes Defence At Tribunal / Tinubu’s Hand, Osun Central — All The Factors That Will Decide Osun Gov Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by ricson11(m): 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNZJvBywks?si=O0QlOEXagpfp3Q9Q

During an interview on ARISE TV on Wednesday, the 63-year-old politician said he had wanted to be a musician since childhood.

He said, “Actually, I was supposed to be a musician right away. But my father, when we were growing up in the sixties, didn’t allow it.

They didn’t believe that somebody should go and do music. They just wanted you to go to school. So he discouraged me.

But I know that I have that talent. It’s the talent I passed on to my nephew and my son.

“If you play music now, I don’t know how, I would just start dancing. My body would just start moving without knowing it.

1 Like

Re: I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by Dreal1247: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
Even as a politician, you never disappointed. From the dancing Senator to now the Dancing Governor.

1 Like

Re: I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by bennybuhari: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
Sad
Re: I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by SalamRushdie: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2023
The god of music never gave up till in entered Davido

1 Like

Re: I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by dawnomike(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
Thank Godness that they discouraged him...lol

1 Like

Re: I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by DaddyJapan(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
His parents would have saved Nigerian a lot of tomfoolery.
Now you have a wanna-be professional musician (dancer) lording it over 5 million people in his home state.

What could possibly go wrong when his truly calling and real passion lies elsewhere, I wonder. cool
Re: I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by Totilopussylick(m): 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
He may end as a dancing president someday tongue
Dreal1247:
Even as a politician, you never disappointed. From the dancing Senator to now the Dancing Governor.

1 Like

Re: I Wanted To Be A Musician But My Parents Discouraged Me - Osun Gov. Adeleke by Jostoman: 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2023
From dancing senator to dancing governor, one day it will be dancing vice president or president.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Launch Manhunt For Gunmen Responsible For Yesterday’s Attack In Anambra C / 5 Good Reasons Peter Obi Should Return To PDP Ahead Of 2027. / Tinubu Celebrates FIRS Chairman Adedeji At 46

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.