Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment (17237 Views)

Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria / First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel / President Buhari Receives Third Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine - Booster Shot (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by Ireportlive: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
omoredia:

Mentality that normalizes what is abnormal

Taking account of oxford university dictionary of a failed state, Nigeria isn't

You won't even be alive commenting freely in a failed state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by omoredia: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ireportlive:

Taking account of oxford university dictionary of a failed state, Nigeria isn't

You won't even be alive commenting freely in a failed state

Thats the mentality i am talking about. If u think Nigeria as it is today is a flourishing nation of values, rule of law and a great future then i have nothing to say to you. You will not be a part of a re-newed nation or whatever nation will come out of it!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by Ireportlive: 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
omoredia:

Thats the mentality i am talking about. If u think Nigeria as it is today is a flourishing nation of values, rule of law and a great future then i have nothing to say to you. You will not be a part of a re-newed nation or whatever nation will come out of it!

I have lived in UK and UAE and I can tell you Nigeria is a very wonderful country

Some of you just hate for absolutely nothing

If you don't have electricity let's as Africans and humans find solutions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by UNDFTD: 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
Another lies by your government.
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by coleon(m): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
There are still a lot of mystery around this crude supply to Dangote by shell. The global pricing for crude oil is denominated in USD hence why it's refered to as petrodollar. Now if the forward contract between Dangote and Shell is denominated in USD it then means Dangote will have to pay Shell in USD for the supply.
The only way Dangote will pay Shell in USD is if he sells to local petrol supplier also in USD which is why I am laughing at those thinking this arrangement will reduce pressure on FX.
My expectation is that Dangote will get her supply directly from NNPC and they can work out a way of making payments in NGN.
I suppose this is the reason the clueless NNPC MD already sent a disclaimer that nothing will change in the pricing of petrol.
I will be waiting till next year to watch and see how events unfold.
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by geeboy: 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
Expect the best
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by ufotunang: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
Nigerians want to see the refinery producing fuel ,disel , kersosene .. nigerians are tired of this stories and big grammar 🙄
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by lordm(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2023
samuelson06:

Someone's private business is a blessing to you, yet you are buying fuel for over 700 naira per liter. You see how confusing it can be to be a zombie right? grin
do you know if I work there. People like you will never see anything positive to say about yourself and your country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by ufotunang: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2023
Growingboi:
How many shipments will it receive before we start seeing ship-outs are the stations?
.. Dangote said 6 shipments
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by omoredia: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ireportlive:

I have lived in UK and UAE and I can tell you Nigeria is a very wonderful country

U are a joke. U are in exile and u say Nigeria is a wonderful place are u hearing urself? U are not a human being to see what even a blind person can see and still choose to deceive yourself
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by ppogba: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2023
omoredia:

Thats not the point here. Thats only obtainable in a failed state like Nigeria. Dont try to normalize what is abnormal as nothing ruins a person by doing that

The democrats and the republican parties and their aspirants are funded in your dream America. The big politicians anywhere in the world are funded by business men who are underground and are involved to protect their capitalist interests.

Does that make those countries failed countries?
What is abnormal that I am trying to normalize.

I can feel you have not much to go ahead with the argument if we are to continue on the same line of argument.

Educate yourself and expose yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by 4Play(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2023
coleon:
There are still a lot of mystery around this crude supply to Dangote by shell. The global pricing for crude oil is denominated in USD hence why it's refered to as petrodollar. Now if the forward contract between Dangote and Shell is denominated in USD it then means Dangote will have to pay Shell in USD for the supply.
The only way Dangote will pay Shell in USD is if he sells to local petrol supplier also in USD which is why I am laughing at those thinking this arrangement will reduce pressure on FX.
My expectation is that Dangote will get her supply directly from NNPC and they can work out a way of making payments in NGN.
I suppose this is the reason the clueless NNPC MD already sent a disclaimer that nothing will change in the pricing of petrol.
I will be waiting till next year to watch and see how events unfold.

I don't know much about the crude oil supply arrangements to the refinery but I doubt the refinery will make much difference to Nigeria's currency depreciation issues which I think is driven by high inflation and lack of general confidence in the economy.

Supposing supply is via NNPC to the refinery, wouldn't that mean forgone oil export dollars? In other words, oil that could have been exported for forex dollars is simply diverted to a refinery in Lagos leading to less forex inflow into Nigeria.

The thinking is that lower import of refined crude will curb forex outflow/dollar demand. That is true. However, I suspect that much of the refinery's revenue will find its way out of the country as Dangote, just as is the case with the cement business and indeed many Nigerians/businesses, prefer to maintain financial assets offshore in more stable currencies like the dollar or Euro.

The net effect on naira depreciation will be close to zero. What's driving the optimism is Nigerians desperate tendency to seek for magic/easy solutions to complex problems. Next year, they will be looking for other sources of optimism after the hullabaloo about the refinery comes to nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by sukkot: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2023
is it time to sell dollars ? this refinery will crash dollar value

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by omoredia: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
ppogba:

The democrats and the republican parties and their aspirants are funded in your dream America. The big politicians anywhere in the world are funded by business men who are underground and are involved to protect their capitalist interests.

Does that make those countries failed countries?
What is abnormal that I am trying to normalize.

I can feel you have not much to go ahead with the argument if we are to continue on the same line of argument.

Educate yourself and expose yourself.

U are in exile a slave can only know enough to get his next ration.
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by coleon(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
4Play:

I don't know much about the crude oil supply arrangements to the refinery but I doubt the refinery will make much difference to Nigeria's currency depreciation issues which I think is driven by high inflation and lack of general confidence in the economy.

Supposing supply is via NNPC to the refinery, wouldn't that mean forgone oil export dollars? In other words, oil that could have been exported for forex dollars is simply diverted to a refinery in Lagos leading to less forex inflow into Nigeria.

The thinking is that lower import of refined crude will curb forex outflow/dollar demand. That is true. However, I suspect that much of the refinery's revenue will find its way out of the country as Dangote, just as is the case with the cement business and indeed many Nigerians/businesses, prefer to maintain financial assets offshore in more stable currencies like the dollar or Euro.

The net effect on naira depreciation will be close to zero. What's driving the optimism is Nigerians desperate tendency to seek for magic/easy solutions to complex problems. Next year, they will be looking for other sources of optimism after the hullabaloo about the refinery comes to nothing.
God bless you for this submission.
This was exactly what I stated earlier on this forum on the FX matter and some ignorant people called me a prophet of doom. I wish I can drag that nairalanda or whatever he's called into this matter.
A lot of oil money presently don't even circulate the Nigerian economy. Almost all the big players have FX just lying fallow in their account and will never convert it to naira.
Same thing Dangote will do and even at that he has loans in FX that he must repay. So how some gullible folks think a private investment will solve the country's FX problem is still a source of worry to me.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by soccerlite: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Expecting the enemies of the country to come find fault in this

God bless Nigeria
God bless Dangote

Lolzzzzz 🤣

Nigeria has only one enemy, office holding politicians.
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by U09ce: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
lazkizz:
grin grin grin what difference between LPG and CNG??

Which one do we use for cooking, please let it not be more than 300# per kg after all this refineries are completed.

Let the poor cook and eatt

They're different in composition. LPG contains propane and butane while CNG is largely methane.
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by soccerlite: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
4Play:

Only the shallow thinkers which are the majority of nigerians and political lickass are singing hurray

Nigeria system is forever going to work against progress
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by Ekitibiased(m): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2023
i can be your reliable escrow to guarantee more sales
princeabdul:
This is impressive. 🙏

Please I have jerseys for club and country for sale, price ranges from 20k to 9k, location is kaduna but delivery is Nationwide 🔥 🔥 🙏🙏
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by samuelson06(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2023
Quintessence44:

YOU are the zombie.

The refinery is about far more than the immediate cost of fuel.

Nigeria becomes self-sufficient in, and a net exporter of, refined petroleum products bar none in Africa with this 20 billion dollar refinery.

Have you any idea the impact that this will have on industrialisation and GDP?

Do you know how many ancillary businesses and industries will be started in Nigeria in the years ahead based on our self-sufficiency in refined petroleum products?

I’ve actually read a foreign report that states that the establishment of the Dangote refinery officially makes Nigeria an industrialised country.

Better go do some proper research on the facility like your peers are doing, and position yourself going forward.

Pipe dream. Keep maturating on that. Zombie grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by Easylife1234: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good news

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by Zidoh(m): 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2023
These people should use our Billions Naira for renovation and hatch to fasttrack the process and let's us all get out of these ..... The hardship on your citizens is too much . Have mercy!!!
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by Ikaeniyan0: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hezmatosky:
Dangote I see you falling out of first ten richest persons in Africa and Nigeria next year sad
Dey play
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by tonyshine01: 12:24am On Dec 29, 2023
lazkizz:
grin grin grin what difference between LPG and CNG??

Which one do we use for cooking, please let it not be more than 300# per kg after all this refineries are completed.

Let the poor cook and eatt

LPG is gas that is liquefied and bottled while CNG is gas that is just bottled by compressing it under pressure.
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by GEEBITE: 2:36am On Dec 29, 2023
You lived in UK or visited UK. What's yuur NI number starting with and ending with?
Ireportlive:

Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:46am On Dec 29, 2023
Receive Shipment,receive shipment,what are all the noise,we don't have benefit of using our dollar reserve to build this thing,and causing devaluation of naira.
WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO SUPPLY FUEL TO NAIJA PEOPLE DAILY TO CRASH OUMP PRICE?
Re: Dangote Refinery Receives Third Shipment by HRMK: 7:03am On Dec 29, 2023
what has dangote done with his first two crude shipment?did he resell them because we cant even see any production from his so called refinery!ABI NA USUAL WHITE ELEPHANT WE DON DEY GET USED TO?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG targets one million jobs through growth employment project / 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa / Zamfara : Buhari Wants To Declare State Of Emergency To Stop Election - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.