Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges (23498 Views)

Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges This Year / Real Reason HSBC And UBS Exited Nigeria! / Friesland Records 13.2% Revenue Growth In 2017 Despite Economic Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges by DaddyYankee: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2023
nony43:

You are the fool here. Tell me why companies will leave in a best economy?
I will not educate you illiterate!
Re: 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges by sulaak(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
Ok. Valid point.

I quoted you because you defended Bola Tinubu's decision to avoid presidential debates. You termed them irrelevant...and they are not.

There are many countries that have several debates where politicians sell their plans to the electorate...and these politicians are in turn quizzed on these plans. These countries are not stupid. These debates are a visible, high profile way of deciding how well politicians are able to sell their ideas to voters. These debates are a way of holding politicians accountable. If Nigerians think that this accountability is for fools then we should accept the consequences of such deluded thinking.

Bola Tinubu has turned out to be no different from those who came before him. He ignored the debates because of the contempt he has for any kind of real accountability to voters. You think debates are irrelevant? undecided Well...look at the disaster our economy has turned into in a space of less than one year. Bola Tinubu seizes every opportunity to talk partisan politics but he carefully avoids any situation where he may have to explain his economic agenda for Nigeria. But it is the economic matters that will put bread on tables and get people into jobs - not the political issues.

BAT is not the answer.

What will Tinubu gain in politics? What has he got to offer? I listened to the debates that included Atiku and Peter Obi and all they had to offer was sound bites. I will suggest that Nigerian look that backgrounds.
Re: 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges by Fujiyama: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2023
sulaak:
I listened to the debates that included Atiku and Peter Obi and all they had to offer was sound bites

^^^
At least they showed up. They turned up and you heard enough about them to conclude that they were empty vessels. The man who eventually became president didn't even bother to turn up for us to conclude if he was empty or not. undecided He did not respect Nigerians enough to sell his plans and ideas for Nigeria to them...instead he was relying on the "grab it and run with it" model, supported by the evil efforts of his political soulmate Muhammadu Buhari. undecided

sulaak:
What will Tinubu gain in politics? What has he got to offer?

^^^
Pertinent questions. They should have been asked by more Nigerians before the elections - that way, the current suffering may have been avoided.

BAT promised the world to Nigerians if they would vote him in as president. He got to power under very controversial circumstances but the courts affirmed his victory...and he's Nigeria's president today. It will soon be 12 months since he assumed power...and the country is having serious economic problems. He made some ill-advised, ill-timed economic decisions on his very first day in office - for which we are all paying a heavy price today. The worst part of it is that the so called subsidy is now back - so what the goddamn hell was all this pain and suffering for in the first place? undecided

I repeat: BAT is not the answer.
Re: 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges by nony43(m): 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
DaddyYankee:
I will not educate you illiterate!

I agree I am the illiterate one here. Educate me.
Re: 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges by sulaak(m): 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
At least they showed up. They turned up and you heard enough about them to conclude that they were empty vessels. The man who eventually became president didn't even bother to turn up for us to conclude if he was empty or not. undecided He did not respect Nigerians enough to sell his plans and ideas for Nigeria to them...instead he was relying on the "grab it and run with it" model, supported by the evil efforts of his political soulmate Muhammadu Buhari. undecided

^^^
Pertinent questions. They should have been asked by more Nigerians before the elections - that way, the current suffering may have been avoided.

BAT promised the world to Nigerians if they would vote him in as president. He got to power under very controversial circumstances but the courts affirmed his victory...and he's Nigeria's president today. It will soon be 12 months since he assumed power...and the country is having serious economic problems. He made some ill-advised, ill-timed economic decisions on his very first day in office - for which we are all paying a heavy price today. The worst part of it is that the so called subsidy is now back - so what the goddamn hell was all this pain and suffering for in the first place? undecided

I repeat: BAT is not the answer.

Nigerians deserve Tinubu and all the corrupt politicians. Docile people deserve this useless government.
Re: 2023: Companies That Exited Nigeria Amid Economic Challenges by Fujiyama: 1:24am On Dec 30, 2023
sulaak:
Nigerians deserve Tinubu and all the corrupt politicians. Docile people deserve this useless government.

^^^
On this we can agree.

By their action (or inaction), Nigerians aided Tinubu's rise to power. Elections do have consequences...and sometimes, those consequences can be deadly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transportation Business In Nigeria / The Differences Between The IMF And The World Bank / Zenith, Access Want To Acquire Union Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.