Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret (5201 Views)

Convert Your Dollars To Naira Before Dangote Refinery Starts – Omokri To Nigeria / I Planned To Japa Before Winning Edo Reps Election – Lawmaker-elect / 10 Governors Visit Dangote Refinery, Say It’s A Pride To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
If you are planning to JAPA, my advice as an economist and oil industry analyst is that you WAIT.

Give it at least a YEAR from today before making the final decision.

The Dangote refinery is a game-changer.

Nigeria becomes self-sufficient in refined petroleum products, and a net exporter of same, bar none in Africa.

That’s a huge deal.

A great many businesses will be established in the months and years ahead based on our self sufficiency in petroleum products.

Millions of new jobs will be created.

In fact one foreign report states that the establishment of the 20 billion dollar Dangote refinery in Lagos officially makes Nigeria an industrialised nation.

In addition, Nigeria will stop importing diesel, petroleum products, fertiliser and petrochemicals.

“That is saving over $26 billion in foreign exchange” per annum, according to official sources.

In addition to all this, the Dangote refinery will generate 12,000 megawatts of electricity.

You can imagine the impact this will have on the economy going forward.

To JAPA right when the nation is on the cusp of economic and industrial transformation is in my view, ill-advised.

Hence I urge a one-year moratorium on all JAPA - related activities.

Happy New Year all, and God bless Nigeria.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Opolopoopolonio: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
True

Naira will appreciate and Japa people will have to slave harder to send something significant back home embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2023
Opolopoopolonio:
True

Naira will appreciate and Japa people will have to slave harder to send something significant back home embarassed

Excellent point.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by WorldRichest: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
Opolopoopolonio:
True

Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you. Naira will never be equal to dollars or Pounds until we stop importing unnecessary goods like bags, shoes, furniture, and white Oloshos

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Opolopoopolonio: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
WorldRichest:

Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you. Naira will never be equal to dollars or Pounds until we stop importing unnecessary goods like bags, shoes, furniture, and white Oloshos

Must Naira be equal to dollar/pound before japa crew will have to slave harder

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Usmanovic95(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2023
Quintessence44:
If you are planning to JAPA, my advice as an economist and oil industry analyst is that you WAIT.

Nigeria becomes self-sufficient in refined petroleum products, and a net exporter of same, bar none in Africa.

That’s a huge deal.

A great many businesses will be established in the months and years ahead based on our self sufficiency in petroleum products.

In fact one foreign report states that the establishment of the 20 billion dollar Dangote refinery in Lagos officially makes Nigeria an industrialised nation.

To JAPA right when the nation is on the cusp of economic and industrial transformation is in my view, ill-advised.

Dangote is the largest producer of cement in Africa but the cement is still expensive here. Why do you believe all of a sudden that his refinery will be the game changer?

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Kenochi(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
This Thread is what I have always believed,when people say Dangote is producing cement and sugar,that why are this products not cheap
The singular question I ask is simple,does Dangote collect raw materials and did he get a waiver on this products
I also ask what byproducts does sugar and cement produce,I am a regular stakeholder on that Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub and I can tell you authoritavely that a lot of companies are already on que ready to commence production
Companies like Jezco Oil,Eleganza Group of Company and such whose direct byproducts are from Refined Crude products are good to go
I encourage everyone reading this to check my signature to kindly get a property or properties around the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub
The best time to invest is yesterday,the next best time is today

8 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2023
Usmanovic95:

Dangote is the largest producer of cement in Africa but the cement is still expensive here. Why do you believe all of a sudden that his refinery will be the game changer?

The Dangote refinery is not about cheap fuel. We know what happens when you sell fuel below world market prices in Nigeria. It gets smuggled out for profits.

The Dangote refinery is about economic and industrial emancipation, job and income growth and development, whereby more and more people will be able to comfortably afford to buy fuel at international market prices.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by SuperOnyi: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2023
shocked

I really hope this happens but 'til then, I will prepare for the worst while expecting the best...

7 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by CrossRhodes: 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2023
Quintessence44:

That’s a huge deal.

In addition, Nigeria will stop importing diesel, petroleum products, fertiliser and petrochemicals.

“That is saving over $26 billion in foreign exchange” per annum, according to official sources.

In addition to all this, the Dangote refinery will generate 12,000 megawatts of electricity.

Yes dangote refinery will improve....
security
Healthcare services for all
Unemployment statistics

Ndi uchu, God pass una

6 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by capetownboyz(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hello
Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by blabulu2000: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
....And if those us who. Japa now decides to come back when Nigeria's economy is doing fine .....then, you local breed experts will block us from coming...., a bi?

The experiential capacity some of those who are in diaspora have gotten will always put them ahead of the local champion

9 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Nairalander248: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Opolopoopolonio:
True

What did you smoke this evening? Dangote will sell fuel at 800/liters.

7 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Truths9ja: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Quintessence44:

That’s a huge deal.

you are not serious, dollar rate will hit #2000 per dollar in the black market soon . Then you will know if japa is highly important or not.

4 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Dijita: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
Chinese as industrialized as they are, still they Japa not to talk of Nigerians. You forgot that the corruption that is killing Nigeria economyis well and alive. I am not saying people should Japa but if you think Nigeria is going to become an industrialized nation just because of Dangote refinery you are deceiving yourself.

25 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by MrALIVE: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
To use sla*p*** sca*tter your head just dey hungry me.....if you are thinking that Nigeria will get better under the government of snatch it,grab it and run with it then you must be hallucinating.

18 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Truths9ja: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
Usmanovic95:

Abeg you better don’t believe in him and his analysis. The same dangote that is importing refined crude oil to Nigeria 🇳🇬. Abi which dangote. Dangote spaghetti is now #700 per one. So who’s the op deceiving?

7 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
blabulu2000:
....And if those us who. Japa now decides to come back when Nigeria's economy is doing fine .....then, you local breed experts will block us from coming...., a bi?

Many who JAPA are unable to return as easily as you seem to think.

For various reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by SalamRushdie: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
You are a clown if you think Dangote refinery will be a game changer for Nigerian economy

9 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2023
Truths9ja:
Abeg you better don’t believe in him and his analysis. The same dangote that is importing refined crude oil to Nigeria 🇳🇬. Abi which dangote. Dangote spaghetti is now #700 per one. So who’s the op deceiving?

You people equate industrialisation with free stuff.

Instead of moaning about the price of spaghetti, why not plan to leverage the refinery’s products to become a small-scale industrialist or entrepreneur?

Do you even know what they produce?

4 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Dijita: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
Quintessence44:

The Dangote refinery is not about cheap fuel. We know what happens when you sell fuel below world market prices in Nigeria. It gets smuggled out for profits.

The Dangote refinery is about economic and industrial emancipation, job and income growth and development, whereby more and more people will be able to comfortably afford to buy fuel at international market prices.
what is international fuel prices? I bought 12 gallons of gas this morning for about $38. That is about #38,000. 12 gallons is about 45 liters. @700 per liter, 12 gallons is about #31,500. This is about #5000 less that what is obtainable in international market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Difrent: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2023
WorldRichest:

He never said naira will be equal to dollars now

3 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Difrent: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
Nairalander248:

What did you smoke this evening? Dangote will sell fuel at 800/liters.

Which is a fair price without subsidy. And that happens to be among the cheapest in the world. Considering we are just exiting the subsidy regime ......it's a fair price

1 Like

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by FreeStuffsNG: 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2023
Quintessence44:

Excellent!! The big elephant in the room is the fx drain and capital export to other countries as we fund petrol import receipts.

You forgot to remind the naysayers that FG through NNPC owns 20% of Dangote Refinery and the Port Harcourt refinery is expected to be fully up and running by Q1, 2024.

They have eyes but can't see because the land they cursed has withheld its fruits and blessings from them. They don't even understand the huge impact fertiliser sufficiency plays in food security. Now we talk about dry season farming and the era of fertiliser scam and scarcity has ended! We are even fertiliser exporter today!

Nigeria Stock exchange keeps breaking its own record back to back and may close tomorrow with ASI hitting an ath 75K!! Any person these blessings going around has not touched must examine the kind of life they live and beg the land for forgiveness. You curse the land, it curses you back! If the land curses you back, you will never be blessed by the land niyen.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
Dijita:
what is international fuel prices? I buy 12 gallons of gas this morning for about $38. That is about #38,000. 12 gallons is about 45 liters. @700 per liter, 12 gallons is about #31,500. This is about #5000 less that what is obtainable in international market

You bought your fuel at HALF world market prices. The price in Europe for a gallon of petrol is approximately $6, meaning that your 12 gallons cost $72 in the international market.
Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Excellent!! The big elephant in the room is the fx drain and capital export to other countries as we fund petrol import receipts.

You forgot to remind the naysayers that FG through NNPC owns 20% of Dangote Refinery and the Port Harcourt refinery is expected to be fully up and running by Q1, 2024.

They have eyes but can't see because the land they cursed has withheld its fruits and blessings from them.

God bless Nigeria for ever!

I admire your positive mindset on this forum, and ask that you continue with your good work.
wink

2 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by excanny: 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
Have u forgetten that nothing works in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Balablue64: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
After taking colos they will begin to come and be saying nonsense, op iku pa e.

6 Likes

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Quintessence44: 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
excanny:
Have u forgetten that nothing works in Nigeria?

Many things work in Nigeria.

You need to step out of your street for once.

You lack exposure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by tsdarkside(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2023
Truths9ja:

Dangote Spaghetti 500 g
₦225.00

https://www.supermart.ng/products/dangote-spaghetti-500-g

This product is out of stock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Solsix(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Do Not JAPA Before Dangote Refinery Starts. You Might Regret by Melagros(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2023
This thread is funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education / Case Of Shariah Law In Osun State / Nigerian States Are All Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.