Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' (3312 Views)

Tinubu Summons Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / Governor Godwin Obaseki's ADC Collapses At His Swearing-in Ceremony For 2nd Term / Edo Lawmaker Wore Shorts To His Swearing-In Ceremony As House Of Assembly Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by bennybuhari: 6:41am On Dec 29, 2023
Should he be crying on his inauguration?
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by nothingspoil70: 6:48am On Dec 29, 2023
The man could not contain his excitement.
Bi teni kan o baje, teni kan ole dara.
Na so life be. Make dem free my guy abeg
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Awesome27: 7:47am On Dec 29, 2023
yinkus6750:
The man is an unfortunate man that just got lucky by faith.
He never hid his ambition to take control at all cost.
I think his over ambitiousness showed that he already wished his boss dead for him to take over.
Let's wait and see how it will also end for hima

Typical of them, betrayals runs in their blood .
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by snuherbals(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2023
SNU Herbals stands out as a top-tier Ayurvedic and herbal PCD franchise company. Their extensive range of Ayurvedic and herbal products is commendable, offering effective natural solutions for various health needs. With a commitment to quality and authenticity, SNU Herbals provides an excellent opportunity for those seeking a reliable partner in the Ayurvedic and herbal healthcare segment.
https://www.snuherbals.com/
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Inspirer1: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2023
oglalasioux:

The constitution stipulates he is sworn in immediately. Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as president inside Air force one flying Kennedy's body back to Washington few hours after his assassination. What Ayedatiwa did wrong was his overt celebration. I was shocked.
You're right about the need to immediately fill the vacuum. There shouldn't be any delay about it once it has been established that there is a vacuum.

Concerning the 'celebration' though, I've not seen any 'celebration' video, BUT, I feel what the 'celebration ' is all about is the fact that the popular believe in Ondo state is that the state is under the grip of Akeredolu's wife and Son, hence the feeling of emancipation. Its not that they are happy the man died.

Modified: I just saw the video on nairaland front page where the newly sworn in Governor said "A ku orire" before delivering his speech.

Well, I guess he allowed the thought of what I had posited earlier to overshadow the event (death of his predecessor) that lead to his assumption of that position.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by agabusta: 7:54am On Dec 29, 2023
MikoB:
Tinubu caused it, he should have allowed Akeredolu to impeach this guy, I am not saying Akeredolu was a saint or that I'm in support of whatever bad decisions he would have taken when governing the state, but what I don't like is the betrayal from the deputy gov then, in life what will be will be, if he had remain loyal and not too desperate, he would still be sworn in, for those saying he did nothing wrong, I pray you should not witness betrayal in any form, it is then you will know how hurtful it is, Buhari was sick for over 3 months, Osinbajo never made any move to get him displaced, look at Jonathan, it was the masses that fought for him.

Do not forget that their tenure is ending next year.

The Deputy has a right to aim to contest and also do his underground works.

Please what specific things did he do that made him show disloyalty??
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by RomanGreen: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2023
MikoB:
Tinubu caused it, he should have allowed Akeredolu to impeach this guy, I am not saying Akeredolu was a saint or that I'm in support of whatever bad decisions he would have taken when governing the state, but what I don't like is the betrayal from the deputy gov then, in life what will be will be, if he had remain loyal and not too desperate, he would still be sworn in, for those saying he did nothing wrong, I pray you should not witness betrayal in any form, it is then you will know how hurtful it is, Buhari was sick for over 3 months, Osinbajo never made any move to get him displaced, look at Jonathan, it was the masses that fought for him.

I agree with you, there's something fundamentally wrong with Nigerian politicians including the late Akeredolu. I wished his deputy was impeached coz that's betrayal, dunno why the man is in a haste to become governor. As for the late Akeredolu, it's sad the way he died knowing he could have built a world class hospital in his state. Ekweremadu's case also comes to mind. These men had the resources to build world class hospitals capable of handling any ailment but they chose not to. It's also heartbreaking to know that these current politicians will still not learn a lesson from what is happening around them cox they are selfish and self centered. I have zero sympathy for any politician coz their live isn't more valuable than that of the ordinary Nigerian, as for the current governor of Ondo state, his day of re koning is coming coz his betrayal is too glaring.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Kukutenla: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2023
MikoB:
That's the problem. Everyone thinks lucky standing up to defend himself against Aketi's sycophants makes him disloyal. I'm not siding with him but it is a known fact that he was once locked out of a state council meeting.
The fact that you mentioned Jonathan is what shows how twisted Nigerians are. Jonathan was a dummy who chose to look on while everything was being bastardised around him. P&ID happened because Jonathan was reticent for example.
So stop hiding corruption under disloyalty. Aketi's signature was already being forged by his so-called loyalists. While Lucky might have gone to far, Aketi's loyalists were not also doing the right thing from all indications. The only accusation to buttress the disloyalty in this news is that he sprayed cash at a friend's party as acting gov. How exactly does that constitute betrayal pls?
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by kokoA(m): 8:12am On Dec 29, 2023
I am not a fan of Goodluck Jonathan but I think that man is a very nice person, when late Yaradua died you could see sincere sympathy from him, even when he became 001 he never showed his excitement, man is loyal to a fault.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by ruggedtimi(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2023
Wetin tinubu dey summon am for??him be LGA chairman?
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Never4getU: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2023
Ejebleje:
If this news is true, then he must've been summoned to become a puppet , and turn the state to one particular party.

U're very unintelligent by this statement. Nigeria practice presidential system of govt not even federal system that's why our democracy is a fluke. Tinubu understand better how to run our system which other past presidents failed at.

I know Obidient when I see one
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by tiswell(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2023
MikoB:
Osinbajo wouldn't have dared to make any wrong move against sai baba.
Osinbajo na just figure head.
Sai baba had no 'VP"🤣
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by tiswell(m): 8:42am On Dec 29, 2023
tesppidd:
I had thought so as well.
He was already acting governor based on the fact that the governor had no "capacity" to continue.
Technically he was already governor!

So why the hurry to get him sworn in as substantial?

I could understand the hurry if everything was normal and a sitting governor was in office and suddenly died and there was no power handover.
Then there would be need to swear in immediately.
I understand there must be no vaccum.

But this case is different, he was already "governor"

Does the constitution spell it out this way,?
Or was there another lacuna and so the state had to assume that he must be sworn in immediately?
The state house (in collaboration with the ex first lady) would have pulled a 'Saraki" on him.

He didn't want to loose guard at all.
Na sharp man.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by kaludestiny10(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2023
The man no try at all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official: Ngeneukwenu Anoints Buhari / 2015: APC Candidate Raises Alarm Over Plan To Substitute Him. / Duncan Mighty Blasts Buhari And His Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.