Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' (3298 Views)

Tinubu Summons Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / Governor Godwin Obaseki's ADC Collapses At His Swearing-in Ceremony For 2nd Term / Edo Lawmaker Wore Shorts To His Swearing-In Ceremony As House Of Assembly Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2023
President Tinubu Summons New Ondo Governor, Aiyedatiwa To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' –Sources

December 28, 2023

SaharaReporters learnt that the president’s invitation came after eyebrows were raised over the manner Aiyedatiwa embarked on "celebration and jubilation” at his swearing-in on Wednesday.

President Bola Tinubu has reportedly summoned the newly sworn-in Ondo State governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa to Lagos State for a meeting, government sources familiar with the development told SaharaReporters on Thursday.

SaharaReporters learnt that the President's invitation came after eyebrows were raised over the manner Aiyedatiwa embarked on "celebration and jubilation” at his swearing-in on Wednesday.

His predecessor and former Ondo Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, died of cancer on Wednesday in a hospital in Germany, paving the way for Aiyedatiwa to be sworn into office.

"The entire tenor of the swearing-in was very tasteless. How can you be saying "aku ori ire eni" (congratulations to us for today’s success) when it's someone's death that elevated you? He has already goofed on Day one. He was all over shouting and hailing and jubilating," a top source told SaharaReporters.

"Could he not have kept it solemn for a few hours and done the rejoicing elsewhere? President Tinubu has already summoned him to Lagos over his swearing-in jubilation after Akeredolu's death," another source said.

One of the sources also accused Aiyedatiwa, as Acting Governor, of spraying cash when he led other members of the State Executive Council to the burial of the late Chief Williams Abegunde Fagbegi, father of former Secretary to Ondo State Government, Hon Ifedayo Abegunde (Abena), in Akure.

"He sprayed money at the burial of Abena's father," the source said, adding that Aiyedatiwa should be warned to be mindful of how he manages power.

SaharaReporters on Wednesday reported that the swearing-in of Aiyedatiwa followed the death of Akeredolu on Wednesday at the age of 67.

The swearing-in ceremony was presided over by the Chief Judge of Ondo, Justice Olusegun Odusola, who was sworn in by Akeredolu as the 12th Chief Judge of the state in February 2023.

Akeredolu died on Wednesday in Germany.

The Governor battled cancer until his death.

The 67-year-old politician returned to Nigeria in September after a three-month medical leave in Germany and only recently proceeded on another one after President Tinubu directed him to hand over power to his deputy, Aiyedatiwa.

His deputy, Aiyedatiwa had been standing in as Acting Governor.

Following his return to Nigeria in September, Akeredolu stayed in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital and tried to govern his state from there, sparking public outrage.

SaharaReporters

"He sprayed money at the burial of Abena's father," the source said, adding that Aiyedatiwa should be warned to be mindful of how he manages power.

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by atiku4President(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
To do what?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Beremx(f): 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
The governor has entered one chance. This one they're summoning him, there might be no chances of him contesting in the next gubernatorial election in Ondo state.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by iamtardey: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
atiku4President:
To do what?
to flex na what else jagaban wan ball am small for lekki grin
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by MikoB: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tinubu caused it, he should have allowed Akeredolu to impeach this guy, I am not saying Akeredolu was a saint or that I'm in support of whatever bad decisions he would have taken when governing the state, but what I don't like is the betrayal from the deputy gov then, in life what will be will be, if he had remain loyal and not too desperate, he would still be sworn in, for those saying he did nothing wrong, I pray you should not witness betrayal in any form, it is then you will know how hurtful it is, Buhari was sick for over 3 months, Osinbajo never made any move to get him displaced, look at Jonathan, it was the masses that fought for him.

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by yinkus6750(m): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2023
The man is an unfortunate man that just got lucky by faith.
He never hid his ambition to take control at all cost.
I think his over ambitiousness showed that he already wished his boss dead for him to take over.
Let's wait and see how it will also end for hima

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Babangidapikin: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
I think it was at that moment he bleeped up . When greeting his deputy governor colleague..but at least give it to him he was sincere .. Unlike President Goodluck that said he felt bad at President YarAdua's death.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by jmoore(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
PandoraObi:
Embittered Peter Obi and his people are here crying again over South West matters
Typical of a brain that has been babablued. Sahara reporters is owned by Peter Obi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Opolopoopolonio: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by funshint(m): 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2023
Such occasion should have been very private and solemn in light of the mood of the moment. Just a few cameramen and the Chief Judge....most of our politicians lack emotional intelligence.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by flejnr2(f): 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
Am 100% sure the ruling party will not give him ticket for election next year, his desperation poses no trust and Jagaban no go like am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by OlujobaSamuel: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
He might not be getting the ticket if he aspires for the post later on. He is showing desperation without restraint

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Xscape1993(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2023
Nigerian politicians and power are just inseparable.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by nedu666: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2023
PandoraObi:
Embittered Peter Obi and his people are here crying again over South West matters

Obi na your jesus. If you don't call on his name how will you be saved from this hopeless and useless life you are living. Call on obi all ye small miscreants

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by ElSudani: 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
Is it mandated by the constitution that he must be sworn in right after the passing of the governor much like in case of the U.S president?
If not, since he is already the acting governor, I think he should have declared a few days of mourning then announce the swear in date after that.
The haste in taking the position doesn't sit down well with me as a person.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by ILoveNG: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tinubu is the Father of the nation

With people like Tinubu in our political environ, Wetin you won talk say you be sef? grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Epistasis(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
Aiyedatiwa, the man!
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by OlujobaSamuel: 12:20am On Dec 29, 2023
ElSudani:
Is it mandated by the constitution that he must be sworn in right after the passing of the governor much like in case of the U.S president?
If not, since he is already the acting governor, I think he should have declared a few days of mourning then announce the swear in date after that.
Yes, immediately it's confirmed that there is no capacity to continue, he takes over

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Ejebleje: 12:44am On Dec 29, 2023
If this news is true, then he must've been summoned to become a puppet , and turn the state to one particular party.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Opolopoopolonio: 12:46am On Dec 29, 2023
Nonsense story! angry
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by LegendHero(m): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Saharareporters and sensational headline be like 5 & 6.

Summon kor, sunmonu ni.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by orohbirodeysmel: 1:20am On Dec 29, 2023
LegendHero:
Saharareporters and sensational headline be like 5 & 6.

Summon kor, sunmonu ni.

I tire o. As if an Executive Governor na class perfect or course rep
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Eecho(m): 3:25am On Dec 29, 2023
PandoraObi:
Anything to make your blood pressure stable .
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by tesppidd: 3:40am On Dec 29, 2023
ElSudani:
OlujobaSamuel:

Yes, immediately it's confirmed that there is no capacity to continue, he takes over
I had thought so as well.
He was already acting governor based on the fact that the governor had no "capacity" to continue.
Technically he was already governor!

So why the hurry to get him sworn in as substantial?

I could understand the hurry if everything was normal and a sitting governor was in office and suddenly died and there was no power handover.
Then there would be need to swear in immediately.
I understand there must be no vaccum.

But this case is different, he was already "governor"

Does the constitution spell it out this way,?
Or was there another lacuna and so the state had to assume that he must be sworn in immediately?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by iluvdonjazzy: 4:10am On Dec 29, 2023
Hmmm, if one person own no spoil, another person own no dey good. Adieu Akeredolu.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by OlujobaSamuel: 5:18am On Dec 29, 2023
tesppidd:
I had thought so as well.
He was already acting governor based on the fact that the governor had no "capacity" to continue.
Technically he was already governor!

So why the hurry to get him sworn in as substantial?

I could understand the hurry if everything was normal and a sitting governor was in office and suddenly died and there was no power handover.
Then there would be need to swear in immediately.
I understand there must be no vaccum.

But this case is different, he was already "governor"

Does the constitution spell it out this way,?
Or was there another lacuna and so the state had to assume that he must be sworn in immediately?
The governor wasn't officially declared incapacitated, that's why he was the acting, if he was officially declared incapacitated, the deputy would have been made a substantive gov.
Since death can't be played politics with unlike sickness that you can hide and still claim you are good, death means no way to come back, so the deputy becomes the gov.
The constitutional provision is in case of incapacitation, death or impeachment, deputy takes over immediately

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by oglalasioux(m): 5:31am On Dec 29, 2023
ElSudani:

The constitution stipulates he is sworn in immediately. Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as president inside Air force one flying Kennedy's body back to Washington few hours after his assassination. What Ayedatiwa did wrong was his overt celebration. I was shocked.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34am On Dec 29, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has reportedly summoned the newly sworn-in Ondo State Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa to Lagos State for a meeting, government sources familiar with the development told SaharaReporters on Thursday.
Re: Tinubu Summons Ondo State Governor To Lagos After His Swearing-In 'Jubilation' by Iamanoited: 5:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Please I wish to appeal to the TRADITIONAL RULERS COUNCIL OF ONDO STATE TO BEWARE OF A SATANIC ECOLOGY FAITH MOVEMENT GOING ON NOW IN THE NETWORK.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Obasanjo's Again! / When Margaret Thatcher Visited Kano In 1988(photos) / Traitors Amongst Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.