Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Japa: Background Check Requirements - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Japa: Background Check Requirements (23407 Views)

Rivers State Government Recruitment 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here / UBA Bank Graduate Interns Recruitment 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here / Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Background Check Requirements by jobbitto(m): 6:29am On Dec 29, 2023
Hi family,

I hope we all are having a great time this festive season.

Quite a while, I have been looking for job outside Nigeria, care work to be precise. Since this is one of the easiest route to leave Nigeria. A friend in the uk gave me a Link, an agency to be precise that would help in the process. Although, he has not used them before.

When I contacted the agency via mail. They told me their terms and conditions, I accepted and proceeded with them to help get a care job. I paid in about 499 pounds as consultation and processing fee. After a month, an interview was conducted and I scaled through.

The agency now said they are going to conduct a background check on me of which I am to provide some documents. Below is the list of documents

Proof of employment letters
Payslips
Discharge / Resignation letters with the cause of leaving the employment clearly stated
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

The entire set of documents mentioned above must be submitted for each of the following employers. If some of the documents are missing or unavailable, They could provide a self-declaration letter confirming the reasons for such missing documents

ALL THE EMPLOYERS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS

If there is any employment gap in between or from the completion of their education, They will need to write a letter of explanation of the same

All the documents to be put in a zip file with a separate folder for each employer

Once the screening is successful, The client would receive an employment contract to sign followed by the COS within 3 working days.

House my question now, is getting this documents visible? Or they are 419.
Please mod help me push to front page. I need help.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by OloYeOfEgbE: 6:36am On Dec 29, 2023
LoL

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:34am On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

Quite a while, I have been looking for job outside Nigeria, care work to be precise. Since this is one of the easiest route to leave Nigeria. A friend in the uk gave me a Link, an agency to be precise that would help in the process. Although, he has not used them before.

When I contacted the agency via mail. They told me their terms and conditions, I accepted and proceeded with them to help get a care job. I paid in about 499 pounds as consultation and processing fee. After a month, an interview was conducted and I scaled through.

The agency now said they are going to conduct a background check on me of which I am to provide some documents. Below is the list of documents

Payslips
Discharge / Resignation letters with the cause of leaving the employment clearly stated
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

The entire set of documents mentioned above must be submitted for each of the following employers. If some of the documents are missing or unavailable, They could provide a self-declaration letter confirming the reasons for such missing documents

If there is any employment gap in between or from the completion of their education, They will need to write a letter of explanation of the same

All the documents to be put in a zip file with a separate folder for each employer

Once the screening is successful, The client would receive an employment contract to sign followed by the COS within 3 working days.

WorkNigeria does background checks for individual, embassies and even conglomerates..reach out to them to do yours so you can confirm there are no issues with your japa plans... background check is now taken seriously esp those who stole from therir bosses and running away kiss kiss. Their phone number is on nairaland

12 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by emmy512: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

Payslips
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

I personally don't see anything wrong with their request to classify them as 419

They've already collected processing fee from you so what else.

Moreover bg checks are necessary

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Mindlog: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2023
You are being scammed.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by BUSHHUNTER: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by YoungLionken(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Another UK related story, not again embarassed!!

Nobody shares the PROCESS of their success stories. You only get to hear when it's business gone bad..

That was how I asked one idiat when he posted his photos in the UK, on status. I DM him with all humility and respect, he read and ignored. Few years later, I entered the same country with enough money and game. He saw my statuses and started a convo, I ignored. He went further in asking questions. If you see curse ehn sad..

As for the OP, why use an agency for the UK? The easiest country with seamless process so far is it. Why waste extra money on something you can do all by yourself??.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Vifx: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2023
Lol
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by YelloweWest: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2023
sad

My sis got care job in uk and only paid admin fees of 350 pounds after successful interview and letter of employment issued by her company (NOT AGENT). COS was sent a few days later.

The asked for passport
Police clearance and
Relevant qualifications

I never heard of these requirements...

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Prec1ous(m): 9:26am On Dec 29, 2023
If you cannot see the scam here, then go back to school

First, you can never get all those documents not even in a working and well civilised environment.

Second, they are prepping you up for more payments. You will pay till your dwindling resources will open your eyes to the scam.

Forgo the money lost now before you start chasing a unicorn.

By the way, here is the scam...

You will always fail the background check because you cannot get all the documents or you miss your deadline. So you Forgo the first fee.

They will then gauge your stupidity and tell you to pay to bypass background check, then tell you no more slots.

If you are still stupid, they will invent a customised format just for you.

Sorry

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by inoki247: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2023
Lol Dem don run you local so they've collected Processing fees or 499 GBP from you....

Like this you won't scale through the background check you will loose the 499GBP den dey will unleash another layer of the Format where they will ask you for another money.

With what I'm seeing your said friend might even be the ring leader...

Bkuz people in UK too are running people in Nigeria scam av seen several people been scammed from UK by dere buddy people no get fear of God imagine scamming someone who earn in Naira....

I just hope the desperation of you people that wants to Japa won't take away the little you're supposed to be using to enjoy nd lead una sef to depression....

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2023
shocked shocked
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by AngelicBeing: 9:27am On Dec 29, 2023
Nawao, Dem Don already collect egunje of 500 pounds 💷 from you to chop MacDonald's , why didn't you post this question before you gave them the egunje shocked

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by greenie77: 9:28am On Dec 29, 2023
Abort mission, scammers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Realist777: 9:29am On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

Payslips
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

Ask that your friend not Nairalanders, especially when you failed to provide us with the details of such an agency

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by FireUpNow(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2023
See pure scam. Op open your eyes and see. Those boys just scammed you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by coputa(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2023
It is normal, that's the standard practice.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Alphiegabe: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2023
J
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Dimaya: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2023
Yes. If you want to travel to Canada, there are several eligibilitiy requirements. The proof of funds has recently been increased to reflect the cost of living.

I came across a video that summarizes all you need to place into consideration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMC-hnpn_qU

You can thank me later.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by OlujobaSamuel: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2023
After collecting £499, ok ooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by seunlayi(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2023
Noted
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by R0LL0N(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2023
Lobatan
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by GloriousGbola: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2023
Mindlog:
You are being scammed.

My thoughts exactly. When you see £499 'processing fee'

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Ikaeniyan0: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

Payslips
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

I think you have been scammed

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Frontend: 9:35am On Dec 29, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Nawao, Dem Don already collect egunje of 500 pounds 💷 from you to chop MacDonald's , why didn't you post this question before you gave them the egunje shocked

Nice question
You paid almost 600 to 700k just for consultation then how much is visa application fee?
Please tell us where are you going to get all those document

13 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by obioraeze(m): 9:36am On Dec 29, 2023
Contact me through my profile signature for more information

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Alphiegabe: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2023
Please have u been into caregivet jobs before or in the medical care field like nursing. I feel it's a scam by the requirement you are been given if you can't fulfil those requirements then they have a strong case deny you a spot. If you don't have care giver experience they can also deny you a spot. Most job interview asks for these things before you pay £500 boss the certainty of this deal is 15%.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by samintegrity(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

Payslips
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

Hello..

I hope you are not talking about waikan consultant?

Run o..

It's a scam

That's the stage you will stay till everlasting.

Quickly request for a refund of your money asap

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by pendusky(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

Payslips
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

There is a new law that state that all these are not required anymore... Don't know if it applies to within Nigeria alone

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by LooneyLester: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2023
Go to the immigration officer at any airport and complain to him about this

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Beuberry(f): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

Payslips
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

Jesus. In a Nigeria that record keeping is poor?
Some of those companies might not exist again sef. Sure bet is to just provide those available.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killings: Police Begin Recruitment Of 40,000 Part-time Constables August / AG Leventis Nigeria Plc Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment / CDCFIB Shortlisted Candidates For NIS & NSCDC Recruitment Aptitude Test 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.