Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Japa: Background Check Requirements - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Japa: Background Check Requirements (23409 Views)

Rivers State Government Recruitment 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here / UBA Bank Graduate Interns Recruitment 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here / Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by delishpot: 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
YoungLionken:
Another UK related story, not again embarassed!!

Nobody shares the PROCESS of their success stories. You only get to hear when it's business gone bad..

That was how I asked one idiat when he posted his photos in the UK, on status. I DM him with all humility and respect, he read and ignored. Few years later, I entered the same country with enough money and game. He saw my statuses and started asking a convo, I ignored. He went further in asking questions. If you see curse ehn :(..

As for the OP, why use an agency for the UK? The easiest country with seamless process so far is it. Why waste extra money on something you can do all by yourself??.

Omo this happened to me too. Chai in my case this friend chat with me and as soon as they found out that I wanted info on work visa they stopped replying my messages. I no ask for money o. Just say guy, do you know or have contact of someone specialized in immigration based on employment? Guy said he has idea of someone who does that o. Say make I give am time to reach them and get back to me. Till date. Funny thing is if I call or send message to know how far, this friend go send me link to his partners preaching videos on FB. grin grin grin
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
delishpot:

Omo this happened to me too. Chai in my case this friend chat with me and as soon as they found out that I wanted info on work visa they stopped replying my messages. I no ask for money o. Just say guy, do you know or have contact of someone specialized in immigration based on employment? Guy said he has idea of someone who does that o. Say make I give am time to reach them and get back to me. Till date. Funny thing is if I call or send message to know how far, this friend go send me link to his partners preaching videos on FB. grin grin grin

If he gives you a link to an agent that will scam you you will come online to call him all sorts of names.

People don't want to be honest with themselves.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by ednut1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2023
You obviously haven’t done care work before nor have the requirements. Before collecting processing fee they should have ensured that you are suitable for the job. The billing just dey start. You go pay tire

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by azpekuliar: 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
I do not understand some of you at times. You are asking if they are 419 when you have already paid nearly 500 pounds.
At the point you were paying the consultation and processing fee it never crossed your mind then or what? I think you might as well follow through and provide whatever documentation they have asked you to provide.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by xyrexzmanto: 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
Are you people now saying dey are not genuine agency that do work visa for people ?
Prec1ous:
If you cannot see the scam here, then go back to school

First, you can never get all those documents not even in a working and well civilised environment.

Second, they are prepping you up for more payments. You will pay till your dwindling resources will open your eyes to the scam.

Forgo the money lost now before you start chasing a unicorn.

By the way, here is the scam...

You will always fail the background check because you cannot get all the documents or you miss your deadline. So you Forgo the first fee.

They will then gauge your stupidity and tell you to pay to bypass background check, then tell you no more slots.

If you are still stupid, they will invent a customised format just for you.

Sorry
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Bishops10(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
YoungLionken:

Nobody shares the PROCESS of their success stories. You only get to hear when it's business gone bad..

That was how I asked one idiat when he posted his photos in the UK, on status. I DM him with all humility and respect, he read and ignored. Few years later, I entered the same country with enough money and game. He saw my statuses and started asking a convo, I ignored. He went further in asking questions. If you see curse ehn sad..

As for the OP, why use an agency for the UK? The easiest country with seamless process so far is it. Why waste extra money on something you can do all by yourself??.

So how do one get to process the UK visa without an agency sir, would love to know more.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by warrifinest1985: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
You are now asking us if they are 419 after you have already paid the 499 pounds for consultation fee and thats almost a million naira! Did you ask us before paying the money? Abeg the sun too hot abeg leave us alone make i drink my garri with fried beans and cold water and sugar in peace! LOL, but if you won seek my opinion now ehn i go let you know say you don enter one chance! Lol, because them non dey even dey request for those kind document from person wey won even leave gtb bank for naija go swizerland go head world bank LOL

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Exceed15: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
I just hope you are dealing with the right people. All the best .
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by enzojaylini: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
Firstly check the agency name tobe sure they are authentic. Then you can provide the details they requested you can get it or contact your previous employer to get it. People do that if they don't have employment letter but atleast they can get you come related to company tying your name so that they can verify ok
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by akintunde63: 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
LoL

You didn’t call them 419 when they asked you to pay, but now that they’re asking for documents? 🙄
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by goldmatrix(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
Paying 499 pounds wasn't a scam but providing just few simple documents is 😲 Are you serious at all?
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by goldmatrix(m): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2023
Bro how do we get engineering jobs out there please share..
Thsnks
YoungLionken:

That was how I asked one idiat when he posted his photos in the UK, on status. I DM him with all humility and respect, he read and ignored. Few years later, I entered the same country with enough money and game. He saw my statuses and started asking a convo, I ignored. He went further in asking questions. If you see curse ehn sad..

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by scrupulousblog: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
You need to be careful. Do your due diligence.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Lookingback: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
YoungLionken:

People are dam lazy, the don't want to research. I did my Canada moves all by myself.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by jossydaf: 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
You have been scammed ,Please don't pay any money again,the guy name is Jay Vekaria and Sarah, they are scammer, if you type the name on nairaland search, you will see alot of people they have scammed i know someone that fall for their scam

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by AUTOCRATIC(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
Check gov.uk to know if the company is registered in uk, don't entertain any email that's is different to what is seen on their website
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by delerx(m): 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
With this your wisdom and analysis, u be one of them. Just joking. Nice for letting the guy know he has been scammed. And his friend also set him up.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by fastseo: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

I hope we all are having a great time this festive season.

Quite a while, I have been looking for job outside Nigeria, care work to be precise. Since this is one of the easiest route to leave Nigeria. A friend in the uk gave me a Link, an agency to be precise that would help in the process. Although, he has not used them before.

When I contacted the agency via mail. They told me their terms and conditions, I accepted and proceeded with them to help get a care job. I paid in about 499 pounds as consultation and processing fee. After a month, an interview was conducted and I scaled through.

The agency now said they are going to conduct a background check on me of which I am to provide some documents. Below is the list of documents

Proof of employment letters
Payslips
Discharge / Resignation letters with the cause of leaving the employment clearly stated
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

The entire set of documents mentioned above must be submitted for each of the following employers. If some of the documents are missing or unavailable, They could provide a self-declaration letter confirming the reasons for such missing documents

ALL THE EMPLOYERS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS

If there is any employment gap in between or from the completion of their education, They will need to write a letter of explanation of the same

All the documents to be put in a zip file with a separate folder for each employer

Once the screening is successful, The client would receive an employment contract to sign followed by the COS within 3 working days.

House my question now, is getting this documents visible? Or they are 419.
Please mod help me push to front page. I need help.

It's genuine. All jobs here ask this questions.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
fastseo:

It's genuine. All jobs here ask this questions.

All jobs where ask for 10yrs employment record?
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by fastseo: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
justwise:

All jobs where ask for 10yrs employment record?

Please provide it. No gap. This include your school till what you do from then till today.

All jobs I have applied ask for minimum of 5 years. This include my school.

And mind you, this is care.. They are very careful in this sector. Most care homes accept only enhanced DBS.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by kokorunna(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
Its a scam, no care agency will ask that
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by alismah01: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sorry for this, they are scam
The name of the person sending you emails is Sarah right? We are both facing the same issues. They are scam. Just accept that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
fastseo:

Please provide it. No gap. This include your school till what you do from then till today.

All jobs I have applied ask for minimum of 5 years. This include my school.

And mind you, this is care.. They are very careful in this sector. Most care homes accept only enhanced DBS.

I’m not sure you know what you’re talking about. Do you know the difference between work experience and reference? Which care home ask for enhanced DBS from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by delishpot: 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
justwise:

If he gives you a link to an agent that will scam you you will come online to call him all sorts of names.

People don't want to be honest with themselves.

Then he should tell me na. He should just say my guy, the person I trust isn't into that line o. I don't know anyone else that does it
I wasn't looking for agent to help me with job or travel visa. I just had some questions that I felt a professional in the field will be able to answer which I explained to him. I am not dumb to be scammed. I ain't desperate to japa. I left naija 12 yrs ago.

Why just ignore my follow up and instead send me link of his woman's fb preaching page?
Cos honestly if you be my padi and you reach out concerning something I will tell you honestly, guy, the person I been get for mind no dey into that area o. If I hear of any one Sha, I go update you and end it there.

Maybe expecting him to tell it as it is; is me asking for too much Sha. You might have a point cool

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by jobbitto(m): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
THANK YOU SO MUCH, How do i reach you? i really to leave this country. if only your sister can help me with the link she used.

you can check my profile on this nairaland, you would fine my phone number. call me.

thank you
[quote author=AKAyomide post=127677939][/quote]
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by HaneefahRN(f): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
You have been scammed pele

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by REGINALD001(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
YelloweWest:
sad

My sis got care job in uk and only paid admin fees of 350 pounds after successful interview and letter of employment issued by her company (NOT AGENT). COS was sent a few days later.

The asked for passport
Police clearance and
Relevant qualifications

I never heard of these requirements...

SIMPLE......

I was reading his/her book of Lamentations and was just having pity for him/her. Good luck to him/her.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by REGINALD001(m): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

I hope we all are having a great time this festive season.

Quite a while, I have been looking for job outside Nigeria, care work to be precise. Since this is one of the easiest route to leave Nigeria. A friend in the uk gave me a Link, an agency to be precise that would help in the process. Although, he has not used them before.

When I contacted the agency via mail. They told me their terms and conditions, I accepted and proceeded with them to help get a care job. I paid in about 499 pounds as consultation and processing fee. After a month, an interview was conducted and I scaled through.

The agency now said they are going to conduct a background check on me of which I am to provide some documents. Below is the list of documents

Proof of employment letters
Payslips
Discharge / Resignation letters with the cause of leaving the employment clearly stated
Academic Qualifications
Recommendation Letters
4 References
CV

The entire set of documents mentioned above must be submitted for each of the following employers. If some of the documents are missing or unavailable, They could provide a self-declaration letter confirming the reasons for such missing documents

ALL THE EMPLOYERS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS

If there is any employment gap in between or from the completion of their education, They will need to write a letter of explanation of the same

All the documents to be put in a zip file with a separate folder for each employer

Once the screening is successful, The client would receive an employment contract to sign followed by the COS within 3 working days.

House my question now, is getting this documents visible? Or they are 419.
Please mod help me push to front page. I need help.

.........I WOULDN'T SAY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ANYWAY, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE ONE......AND MOREOVE, £499 IS A BIG MONEY HERE....... THAT'S 751K IN NIGERIA AS OF TODAY.

PRAY HARD SO THAT IT DOESN'T TURN OUT TO BE WHAT THE COLOUR LOOKS LIKE.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by pacespot(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
Dimaya:
Yes. If you want to travel to Canada, there are several eligibilitiy requirements. The proof of funds has recently been increased to reflect the cost of living.

I came across a video that summarizes all you need to place into consideration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMC-hnpn_qU

You can thank me later.

This video is actually comprehensive, 👍
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by fastseo: 2:46am On Dec 30, 2023
justwise:

I’m not sure you know what you’re talking about. Do you know the difference between work experience and reference? Which care home ask for enhanced DBS from Nigeria?

Are you in the UK and if you are and still don't know this then you have lost touch with reality? I said jobs ask of work experience minimum of 5 years experience and this most times include your school periods.
They want to know what you have been doing since you left school. Every of this details matter to them.

I ended up saying most organisations are sensitive.. You can't work with them without enhanced DBS.

Can you get DBS from Nigeria? I don't know why you can't reason properly. Listed again...most care homes ask for transferable DBS before you work with them. They want to see you have no criminal record ever so you don't end up abusing those vulnerable people.
If you have abuse children or engage in crime before you won't be allowed near vulnerable people

So if you come from Nigeria get your police report, they will help you apply for DBS.

I recently got a licence to work in certain sector here and here are the chats I have with two different recruiters.

All I am telling the opp to do. Is to add his relevant work experience and include his school period..justbensure it covers the 10 years period of his life. That's ends it. He will be alright.

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Bigkenny: 4:38am On Dec 30, 2023
Why not ask this same question here before giving out the 499 pounds?

@jobbitto

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? / AG Leventis Nigeria Plc Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment / Killings: Police Begin Recruitment Of 40,000 Part-time Constables August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.