Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,843 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

The Menace On Nigerian Land Borders By Immigration And Custom Officers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Menace On Nigerian Land Borders By Immigration And Custom Officers (180 Views)

Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? / Skaters: The New Menace On Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Menace On Nigerian Land Borders By Immigration And Custom Officers by Tetraozonaitera: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2023
Recently, two police officers were caught on camera extorting a White Power Bike Dutch Woman. They were subsequently relieved of their Jobs.
Guys, the madness of Nigerian immigration and Custom officers at our land borders are so pathetic.

They extort and harass both foreigners and NIGERIANS.
You tell them you are going to the Nigerian border town, they will ask you "what are you going to do and who are you going to meet?"
I mean traveling within Nigeria with your Nigerian ID cards as a Nigerian o. So, annoying.

These extortions are done openly on these border roads.
There are like 30 roadblocks on each road and at each stop you are extorted.

I am seriously looking for ways to expose these idiotts with hidden cameras on some of my land travels.

It is so annoying being harassed by those who are supposed to protect you.

Do you have any bad experience with these guys in Uniform?

1 Like

Re: The Menace On Nigerian Land Borders By Immigration And Custom Officers by Anunakeeh: 1:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:
Recently, two police officers were caught on camera extorting a White Power Bike Dutch Woman. They were subsequently relieved of their Jobs.
Guys, the madness of Nigerian immigration and Custom officers at our land borders are so pathetic.

They extort and harass both foreigners and NIGERIANS.
You tell them you are going to the Nigerian border town, they will ask you "what are you going to do and who are you going to meet?"
I mean traveling within Nigeria with your Nigerian ID cards as a Nigerian o. So, annoying.

These extortions are done openly on these border roads.
There are like 30 roadblocks on each road and at each stop you are extorted.

I am seriously looking for ways to expose these idiotts with hidden cameras on some of my land travels.

It is so annoying being harassed by those who are supposed to protect you.

Do you have any bad experience with these guys in Uniform?

(1) (Reply)

Can A Person Holding A PR Card Of A Country Also Travel Visa Free? / Between Ogijo-sagamu And Ikorodu -ijebu Ode Road / A Tale Of An Exciting Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.