Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Interview: Meet Young Nigerian Making Waves Globally In Grass-root Sports - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Interview: Meet Young Nigerian Making Waves Globally In Grass-root Sports (153 Views)

Start Your Career With Shell Graduate Programme 2023 For Young Nigerian Graduate / Meet Young Nigerian Who Became A Chartered Accountant At 18 / Meet Young Lady Who Do Mechanic, To Pays Her School Fees "Got People Talking" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview: Meet Young Nigerian Making Waves Globally In Grass-root Sports by Comradesylva: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2023
kisshttps://sunnewsonline.com/meet-young-nigerian-making-waves-globally-in-grass-root-sports-development/

*Interview: Meet Young Nigerian Making Waves Globally In Grass-root Sports Development.

Que: You are a young man with huge success in the international sports Consultancy and National Grass-root Football Development. Many Nigerians would want to know you. Tell us about Your person. Where are you from?

Ans: laughs…as you already know, my name is Pius Chinweike Ndubuokwu, I am from Oshimili North LGA of Delta state, Nigeria.

Que: As a Nigerian, many Nigerians would want to know how you grew to become this successful in the Sports industry as a Sports consultant. What kind of training did you have?

Ans: Well, no other special trainings to becoming a Sports lawyer. First, I had my Law degree from the prestigious University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC), went to Law School at the Abuja Campus and got called to the Nigerian Bar. I also obtained a Masters in International Sports Law from ISDE, Madrid, Spain, and currently in the University of Ohio, USA, for a dual Masters Degrees in Business Administration and Sports Administration (MBA/MSA).

Que: Your name has been associated with many big cases at the FIFA and CAS arbitration and as well as sports entity startup and transfers. You have recorded great success in getting victory or defending clients even in cases that they do not expect to pull through. What is the magic behind that?

Ans: laughs…there is no Magic. You just have to stay focused, believe in your capacity, study the cases well and figure out the loopholes to explore in getting the right judgements. This is about laws so there is no magic. It is about logic and presenting the right arguments.

Que: As a Sports Lawyer and consultant of Nigerian decent, your flourishing career has been a great inspiration to millions of Nigerian youths. Many Nigerian Lawyers would now be motivated to also test the waters in the industry, what advice would you give them?

Ans: The Sports Industry is a very big and lucrative industry. You have to remain focused and committed. It might not pay off initially but with perseverance, dedication and hardwork, it would eventually pay off. Do not expect an overnight success. It will come as a product of many years of undivided commitment and hardwork.

Que: You have become a big player in the industry, even at a very young age. Your recent invitation to attend the FIFA Football Law Annual Review 2024 (FLAR 2024) holding in Tokyo next February is a great milestone any Young African Sports Lawyer would look up to. How did you react to this important recognition.

Ans: I see it as another big challenge and motivation to work harder and get more and more recognitions. It is like the starting point for me. It has increased my hunger to be even more successful in the industry.

Que: As a very young Sports consultant, how did you feel to be among the first persons former Super Eagle’s legend, Kanu Nwankwo invited upon assuming the position of the Chairman of Eyimba FC in his determination to bring the club back to winning ways and what other clients do you have around Nigeria, Africa and the world ?

Ans: It was a great honour to be working with a massive Club like Eyimba FC in the legal department. Papilo (Kanu Nwankwo) as you know is a great Nigerian and legend. He wants to succeed in Eyimba and he is leaving no stone unturned in that determination. Regarding other clients I have in Nigeria, it depends, I serve as consultant to many clubs, like Lobi Stars of Benue and many other clubs in the Nigerian Premier League. We have clients in Tanzania, Morocco, Ivory Coast, and many other African countries. We also have in Costa Rica and Bangladesh. When people hear the story of our success they want to get us involved and we are only grateful to God for all that.

(1) (Reply)

This Is For Data Science Enthusiast / Hr Manager In Lagos / How A 18 Year Old Boy Made Up To 100,000 Thousand Naira Through Video Editing Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.