Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles (11641 Views)

My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka / Frank Onyeka Voted Player Of The Season In Denmark / Meet Joash Onyango, The 27-Year-Old Kenyan Footballer Training For AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Nehemiah459(m): 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nigerian football star Frank Onyeka is gearing up for his second appearance at the Africa Cup of Nations, eager to represent the Super Eagles once again at the 2023 tournament. The 25-year-old midfielder, who currently plays for Brentford, is poised to be a crucial inclusion in Nigeria’s squad for the prestigious competition.

Onyeka first graced the AFCON stage during the 2021 edition held in Cameroon. Despite the Super Eagles’ strong performance, their journey came to an end in the Round of 16, marked by a 1-0 defeat to the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia. Undeterred by this setback, Onyeka is resolute in his desire to make a significant impact in the upcoming tournament.

Expressing his passion for representing his country on the international stage, Onyeka conveyed his deep sense of pride in wearing the iconic green and white Super Eagles jersey. In an interview with BBC Sport Africa, he shared, “I’ll always want to represent my country on the big stage. It’s an honor to wear the green and white shirt, so it’s something that I have to do.”

Reflecting on his journey from playing football in the streets of Nigeria to showcasing his skills at the AFCON, Onyeka expressed his excitement: “It is a dream come true, because after watching Afcon legends in past years, now you’re going to be part of the team. I’m looking forward to it so much.”

Nigeria’s national team, the Super Eagles, has been drawn into Group A for the tournament. They are set to face strong competition from hosts Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, and Guinea-Bissau as they strive to make a mark on the grand stage of African football. As the anticipation builds for the AFCON 2023, Frank Onyeka stands ready to play a pivotal role in his team’s quest for glory.

https://mediatalkafrica.com/139627/frank-onyeka-aims-for-afcon-2023-success-with-nigerias-super-eagles/

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by rentAcock(m): 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
Anything short of being African champions should be considered a failure and a reason for termination.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by CalabarPikin: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
Not by noise

It will take grace to get the kind of Super Eagles we had in the past..

Na yahoo boys and Daddy's boys full the team now

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
Gbamsolutely!
Our Golden Girl has spoken.

Talk is cheap.
When we get to the tournament, we will separate the boys from the men,” Oshoala said.
“Why not? We have the almighty Osimhen, the best player in Africa
We only hope our boys won't disappoint us again though.
Missing out on the last World Cup still hurts.
Super Eagles playing like Super Chickens back then.
Btw,
We need a good Goal Keeper to man the goal post,
Not the basket we have there presently biko.

Meanwhile,
Take note of this Football Fans ⚽️,
The continent's showpiece event, which kicks off on 13 January and ends on 11 February.
The tournament being officially branded as '2023' even though the finals are taking place in 2024.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by treasurenat(m): 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nigeria needs good goalkeeper and good defence otherwise even victor osinhmen would be fruitless.
But they won't heed because it is connection they are using to select the players that would play.It is only in African this happens but in abroad ,they are so transparent in choose good players and good goalkeeper.

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by GanagiBitrus: 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by yinkeys(m): 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
No be for mouth o
Sadio Mané and his in-form team mates tried 2 times before winning it
Mo Sallah and his in-form teammates tried twice and have not won it
Nigerians can’t wait for Peseiro to leave so we can start proper preparation to win Afcon 2025
It’s by hardwork not miracles
The Dutch coach in 1994 had a proper plan
Keshi and his technical crew had a proper plan a year before they won in 2013
Both involved coaches infused local content
Sunday Mba (home based) scored the two most important goals of our last tournament win: against Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast
Guys don’t expect the trophy please else heartbreak
Cameroon even have better team chemistry than Nigeria
My prediction Morocco or Egypt will win
Mo Sallah’s last chance
Ivory Coast can’t win it, Zaha is injured

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by PEACEMAKER002: 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
Good for him
Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by LooneyLester: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
Drug pusher

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Felix6: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
Average player dey find success. Success wey I don knack belle pack am for one corner.
Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Dpharisee: 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
I have not any Nigerian that is very confident on the current Supre Eagles, with Uzoho conceding goals from 100m and the coach applying to coach an Egyptian club while lamenting that he is being paid half salaries by NFF, I hope we are not going to AFCON to mark register 🤔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Chibuzoripob: 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
cool
Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Angelfrost(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
Most of una go wake up from bench collect first team start-up for Super Eagles... And you all wonder why the nation never makes any headway in such competitions.

I am sure some of these players are not even match-fit, for starters.

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Goalnaldo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
I'll deactivate my account if Nigeria wins the tournament. With the rubbish they are playing.
Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by LearningCurveCo: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
westlius:

Ibadan. But online classes and our other services can do if you are outside Ibadan
Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Jayhome24: 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
That Super Eagle manager called Pasaru or passat can not manage these boys, we got the talent but have no manager I'm sorry I'm not seen anything happening with that kitchen porter manager.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by ceeceeco: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
2 things the super eagles is lacking is a good coach & a good goalkeeper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by xyrexzmanto: 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
Zaha is not injured ooohh.... he was dropped
yinkeys:
No be for mouth o
Sadio Mané and his inform team mates tried 2 times before winning it
Mo Sallah and his inform teammates tried twice and have not won it
Nigerians can’t wait for Peseiro to leave so we can start proper preparation to win Afcon 2025
It’s by hardwork not miracles
The Dutch coach in 1994 had a proper plan
Keshi and his technical crew had a proper plan a year before they won in 2013
Both involved coaches infused local content
Sunday Mba (home based) scored the two most important goals of our last tournament win: against Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast
Guys don’t expect the trophy please else heartbreak
Cameroon even have better team chemistry than Nigeria
My prediction Morocco or Egypt will win
Mo Sallah’s last chance
Ivory Coast can’t win it, Zaha is injured
Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by xyrexzmanto: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Did u know dat some months ago arsene wenger said nigeria is d most gifted country in africa with good players but lacks Good coach
ceeceeco:
2 things the super eagles is lacking is a good coach & a good goalkeeper.

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by StanleyMentor1: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Politics wey dey una NFF, if dem handover one private investigator, your mind go dey ground....wasted talents but no connection

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Deblow: 2:01am On Dec 30, 2023
With Uzoho leading the pack of GKs to the tournament, we shouldn't expect much. He has shown us time and time again but Pessero still holds on to him as if they both own the team!

1 Like

Re: Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles by Buffalo2(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2023
Get ready to bash the coach and NFF

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rangers Sign Kits Deal With Lotto Spa Italia / Christian Obodo Kidnapped In Effurun, Delta / Charity Football Match By Actors Guild Of Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.