Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead (21366 Views)

Governor Obaseki, Ben Bruce, Pat Utomi Mourn Emmanuel Ijewere / Red Cross' Iron Doors Saved Abba Kyari From Death During Kuje Prison Attack / President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by davodyguy: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
I was thinking about him few days ago, not knowing baba would pass on.

RIP.

His firm is on Lewis Street. I use to do asset valuation for him for many years back then up till 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by Tranquility2345: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
davodyguy:
I was thinking about him few days ago, not knowing baba would pass on.

RIP.

His firm is on Lewis Street. I use to do asset valuation for him for many years back then up till 2018

This man who ask you question
Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by XAUBulls: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.thecable.ng/emmanuel-ijewere-ex-president-of-ican-is-dead

Pa Emmanuel Ijewere...
Another Iroko tree has fallen. I met him at a Dizengoff program some years back. A very articulate man and a lover of nature.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by StormpyBee: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
He was a great and kind man.

RIP Sir.

Journey well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by Judolisco(m): 1:44am On Dec 30, 2023
Tywo2018:
He shock u cry
iswr
Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by Evans5g: 4:43am On Dec 30, 2023
H

Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by cardoctor(m): 6:28am On Dec 30, 2023
RIP bro.
Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by Druss(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Rest in peace. Good family. I believe one of his sons passed away some years back.

May GOD comfort and strengthen the family at this time.
Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by Xylon: 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
accordadoga21:
Nawa oo

The elites just dey die anyhow.

What’s happening, God?
Shey who don old no go die ni? Which one con be elite again?? grin grin
Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by naptu2: 5:21am On Dec 31, 2023
Nigerian Red Cross Society HQ @nrcs_ng

@nrcs_ng Mourns the Passing on of her Ex-President, Dr Emmanuel Ijewere.

Dr. Emmanuel Ijewere served as the National President of the Nigerian Red Cross from 2002 to 2005, whilst Chairing the West Africa Sub Region of IFRC.

Dr. Emmanuel Ijewere passed away on Thursday, December 28, 2023, at the age of 77. May his compassionate soul rest in peace.

https://twitter.com/nrcs_ng/status/1741148659008278697

1 Share

Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by naptu2: 6:06am On Dec 31, 2023
CIoD NIGERIA -The Chartered Institute of Directors @IodNigeria

The Chartered Institute of Directors Nigeria (CIoDN) announces the sad news of the demise of its Doyen of Past President, Mr. Emmanuel Itoya Ijewere, DF.IoD. Mr. Ijewere passed away in the early hours of Friday, 29 December 2023 at the age of 77.

Mr. Ijewere was the sixth President of the Institute from 1999 - 2001. During his tenure as President, Mr. Ijewere improved the corporate visibility of the Institute putting it on a deserving pedestal as the premier membership organisation in Nigeria.

It was under his leadership that the headquarters of the Institute moved to Ikoyi in Lagos, where it is still located till today.

He was the first Chairman of the Institute’s Independent Directors Register Committee, and he ensured the success, growth and development of the Register, which has today become one of the Institute’s value adding service to the Nigerian business community.

Until his demise, he was also the Chairman of the College of Past President & Elders (COPE) of the Institute and through him the COPE had contributed immensely to ensuring that the Institute’s peace and stability was never compromised.

The Institute will miss this great man, whose passion and selfless service to the CIoD Nigeria is unparallel. His commitment to the ethos of the Institute was an inspiration to all members of CIoD Nigeria. We take solace in the fact that he lived a life of dedication to professionalism and ethical business practices.

As we mourn our revered Past President Ijewere, we will continue to cherish is selfless services and commitments to the cause of the Institute.
We pray that his wonderful soul will find rest in the bosom of the Lord and that God will grant the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

Signed
Alh. Tijjani M. Borodo, LLM, F.IoD President & Chairman of Governing Council

https://twitter.com/IodNigeria/status/1741125999725510675?t=kcliPF6nn2HAWbc_4DLJDA&s=19

Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by Sirianese: 6:49am On Dec 31, 2023
aycorporat:
May his soul rest in peace.

I remember one year when Femi Adesina was still a columnist with the Sun newspapers and he wrote an article on this man titled IJEWERE ON THE CROSS.
I think there was a scandal then about some issues

Yeah, he impregnated one lady and ran away when he was still young, the grown up kid now came looking for him when he was famous. Same thing Sanwo-Ole did
Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by aycorporat(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2023
Sirianese:

Yeah, he impregnated one lady and ran away when he was still young, the grown up kid now came looking for him when he was famous. Same thing Sanwo-Ole did

Was that of Sanwoolu true or just a blackmail because I didn't hear from the guy again?
Re: Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead by Sirianese: 8:03am On Dec 31, 2023
aycorporat:

Was that of Sanwoolu true or just a blackmail because I didn't hear from the guy again?

You don't hear anymore of it because he has secretly settled the guy na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Planning To Rig Election In North - Musiliu Obanikoro / Governor Ganduje Boards Economy Class As He Leaves Owerri For Abuja (pics) / Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.