Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (24046 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Dangote Truck Crushes Bus Along Abeokuta Expressway, Tollgate Bus Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Esther125: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
The Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC Ogun Command, said a truck crushed a woman to death in the Dalemo area of the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway on Thursday night.

Me Anthony Uga, Ogun Sector Commander of FRSC, who confirmed the incident to NAN on Friday in Ota, said the accident occurred at about 11:00 p.m.

Uga explained that a truck with registration no.XA 354 WDP and two persons were involved in the accident.

The sector commander said the truck lost control due to excessive speeding and hit a female adult standing beside the road, resulting in the death of the victim.

”The corpse of the victim had been deposited at the Ifo General Hospital, Ogun.”

The FRSC boss implored drivers against reckless driving and to always conduct routine checks on their vehicles to ensure the brake systems are functional before putting them on the road.

Uga, however, commiserated with the family of the deceased and prayed that God to grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.

https://.ng/2023/12/29/truck-crushes-woman-to-death-on-lagos-abeokuta-expressway/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by immortalcrown(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sad!

Most of the Nigerian drivers are guilty of excessive speeding. Only bad roads compel them to slow down. This is why I always say that bad roads kill more than excessive speeding in western countries while excessive speeding kills more than bad roads in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Addme: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
Just few days to the new year.
Funnily enough,she would have made preparation for the incoming year. She might even have plans to travel probably today or tomorrow and the family especially her children would be waiting at home that Mummy will soon come back.
This life is just a corridor that everyone passes.
May her soul Rest In Peace and condolences to her family.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by SharingIsLife(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
So sad.
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by dangermouse(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sad. RIP to her

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by slaawomirr: 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Too bad
For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die ..please before you quote me ensure you have seen the four walls of a university and the logic and reasoning you adhered to during school days you are still using it

Humans are a disgrace to the intelligent of animal Kingdom
So this woman who just died got no grace of God covering him or rather he didn't pray to one imaginary being up there in the sky called God

So you are alive because of the grace of God
One of the statements humans always make and you realised humans are dull

What now happened to the forty thousands people that died in Turkey earthquake
What happened to other people that dies every day and what happened to people who is gonna die today
So they have no grace of God

So our God who is our father is giving you a preferential treatment while he look the other way when others are dying

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Disasii: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
This is so sad
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by freshkpomo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2023

The day they start killing truck drivers, this rubbish wikk stop. Those guys see humans like ants and even threaten and bully smaller cars after taking excessive tramadol.

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Angelfrost(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sigh... Most Nigerian drivers would never be allowed near a vehicle abroad not to speak of being issued a license.

A lot of you can't drive for shit!

I blame those handing out licenses without testing for driving proficiency... Not just being able to move a car, but the ability to understand and interpret road signs.

Over 70% of our accidents here are highly avoidable.

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by elasticlala: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
Currently in Nigeria, your lifespan to some extent, depends on how much time you stay indoor.

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Angelfrost(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
elasticlala:
Currently in Nigeria, your lifespan to some extent, depends on how much time you stay indoor.

Plain TRUTH!!!
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Eniolohunda: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
Rip to the dead. God have mercy on Nigerians😱
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Kedobes: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
Oh no
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Veenbanks(m): 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
So pathetic. May God grant the deceased family the comfort to bear the loss. You reading this will crossover next year. May untimely death never see us. Amen! Be safe!

2024 is going to be massive. To gain more financial muscle come 2024, do yourself a favor and join others here Veenacademy on Telegram as they turn the market to their atm. A lot of persons will live their dreams.
2024 will be massive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
Oh Lord!!!

May untimely death never be our portion in life.

May her soul rest in Peace 🙏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by iuni: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
May her soul rest on. I pray we all see the new year and beyond. Amen
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Kennitrust(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
We are here to die

Life offer us nothing but death

My brother is very rich but refused to help others and I wanted to hurts him severely but I said to myself... We are here to die and all this gains will be forgotten. I can't hurt my brother over vanity.

We are all waiting for death... The sad reality of life.

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by princeabdul(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
This is sad, my condolences to the family
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by money121(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
R.ip
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by bluefilm: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
What a terrible way to leave this game of life
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by nstore: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Dennisochampa: 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2023
God have mercy...
What is all these na...
Person don survive Nigeria from Jan to Dec finish only to die for last minute...
May God have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Desusi: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
Only one life! Man that is born of woman is of few days and full of troubles. That's why efforts must be made to renew your consecration daily and be in good relationship with your maker.Death can come at any time.

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Woman To Death On Lagos-abeokuta Expressway by Treasure17(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
Something is wrong with this op self. Shey that's Lagos Abeokuta expressway picture?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) / Two Yola-Bound Buses Collide At Night (Graphic Photos) / Canada To Reduce Number Of Foreign Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.