Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,068 members, 7,814,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 (27254 Views)

Ayra Starr, Davido, Olamide, Burna Boy, Asake Nominated For Grammy 2024 / Obama's Favorite Songs Of 2022 Include 3 From Nigeria / OMG!! See Dr Dk Olukoya Top 12 Favourite Songs - Destined Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by YesGodcan(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
Chikel20000:
ur number ain't on WhatsApp....try reach me zero seven zero, thirty four seven thirty four zero 4

Edited

It started with 0seven0
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Abbaaty(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Last year Wizkid was on the list 😎
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Harrynight(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Olat4421:
u b Mumu wizkid wey u want to use style troll just bought a Ferrari worth billons of naira. He also give out 20 million nd 30 million recently. Dey dere Dey do wizkid fc. OBO Fc. No go hustle hard

Na dem be this, I can feel the pains😂🤣😂🤣
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Trustmea: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
tobenuel:
Speed darlington no dey there?
Hahahaha Joe Biden like speed Darlington Bomb
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Bleeel002: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Asake is good and has good vibez, but not in the class of Adekunle Gold. Music is different from noise mixed with beats.

You compared Zino to Seyi? grin grin grin grin Joke of the century!
u said Music is different from noise mixed with beats. then btw zino and seyi who is making noise. in terms of vocals, zino is a better vocalist compared to seyi. seyi uses more of studio voice enhancement than zino, let both of them perform live, u will c d difference.

1 Like

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Dickson178(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
Without Asake , wetin for concern Obama with olamide? 😂😂
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by TakeNigeriaBack: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

His mama na Edo woman

STOP lying. Here's Burnaboy's own words.

2 Likes

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by TakeNigeriaBack: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
Him mama Blood Edo
Papa Blood Rivers Rest Na by force to from Yoruba?

So, I should ignore burnaboy and listen to you (a faceless NL bot)?

3 Likes

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by encryptjay(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Seyi is a lyrical demon! Should not be an argument.
NP Shazam
Every man get hin season
Oh, I reason
I know ko easy, but o ma easy
You feel my rhythm, Shazam the rhythm, oh grin
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Melagros(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
ekelebeXstunner:
Wey George Bush playlist, abeg?
Kai this is savage grin
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by pkasso(m): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
SmartyPants:
This playlist was curated by some 22-year-old aide.

But those who believe Obama actually listened to these songs, come this way please. I have one or two airports you will really like. Very cheap price!
LOL. I totally agree with you. I suspect this is one promotional and publicity campaign in disguise. As a former POTUS, Obama's taste and takes on issues would always generate attention, especially if it's something more personal or hobby-related like favorite TV shows, music, books etc. Only in this case, it's not actually his list. The list has become something of a yearly tradition. You actually have people looking forward to seeing who makes the list and what not. I won't be surprised if there is serious lobbying by the big labels and record execs to get on that list. Making the list is seen as a 'stamp of approval' by one of the most influential men on the planet. Shoutouts don't come bigger than that.

Obama is 'influencing', but on a major scale. Lesser noise, more impact. It's a win-win for everyone involved. Obama maintains his up-to-date, cool persona while the artistes and songs featured on the list get crazy publicity.

2 Likes

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Olat4421: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
Harrynight:

Na dem be this, I can feel the pains😂🤣😂🤣
wetin concern me na Mumu go Dey do wizkid fc obo Fc. Creating hatred for ursef. For people dat are making money from deir passion
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by doncartel: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
Olat4421:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 where is balablu
Na almost him favourite song be that
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Olat4421: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
Bleeel002:
u said Music is different from noise mixed with beats. then btw zino and seyi who is making noise. in terms of vocals, zino is a better vocalist compared to seyi. seyi uses more of studio voice enhancement than zino, let both of them perform live, u will c d difference.
how person go Dey even compare zino to seyi vibes zino is far above. Seyi vibes wey go Dey sing like say he day pray for mosque or doing incantation Zino is d most underrated artist in Nigeria for me.

2 Likes

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Maliqcious: 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Obama does not even know music!

Where is Brymo, Adekunle Gold, Ladipoe and Seyi Vibez.

Where is The Great Kiss Daniel!

you mean twe twe by Kizz Daniel
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Dminister(m): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
Antichrist list
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by AllenSpencer: 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
Maliqcious:
you mean twe twe by Kizz Daniel

Vado has been back to back!

That guy has never been cold for a day!
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by Brunicekid(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2023
The year in the title post should be changed to 2023.
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by opamoses1: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2023
ekelebeXstunner:
Wey George Bush playlist, abeg?
Na country music go full am.

1 Like

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by hkidola00(m): 12:24am On Dec 30, 2023
YesGodcan:
Burma boy, aseke all the way grin

Inplay football
Algeria league

Usm Alger vs mc Alger

Final time DRAW

Was looking for front page to paste this since.
Join me on WhatsApp zero7zero3 eight35eight933 for fixed Draws DAILY

but match remain less than 10minutes to finish when u posted this thrash up
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by hkidola00(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Obama does not even know music!
Where is Brymo, Adekunle Gold, Ladipoe and Seyi Vibez.
Where is The Great Kiss Daniel!

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by YesGodcan(m): 1:14am On Dec 30, 2023
Learn to be adult, even though u call ur self kid, u are not a kid shocked

The game started by 8pm and I posted by 8:15 or earlier.

Anyways, I don't have time for dondees grin

hkidola00:
but match remain less than 10minutes to finish when u posted this thrash up
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by hkidola00(m): 1:19am On Dec 30, 2023
YesGodcan:
Learn to be adult, even though u call ur self kid, u are not a kid shocked

The game started by 8pm and I posted by 8:15 or earlier.

Anyways, I don't have time for dondees grin

shey dis one dey mad,do you know your talking to a bet9ja cashier,wey I dey dey with system daily,game wey start 6 and go end 7;45..you go dey post weyrey prediction by 7;26...Algerian league...weyrey
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by PoloG: 2:41am On Dec 30, 2023
What about phyno and flavour
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by viodemus: 4:58am On Dec 30, 2023
Chicken wey dey crow for morning, or birds wey dey chirp or tweet for morning, get better rhythm pass seyi vibez and odumodu.

Odumodu is a future manager or AnR. If I be upcoming, I go meet odumodu make he manage me, he get that skills, and even get the ears for good music, but him no fit personally do good music.
Odumodu is just tolerated because igbos no currently get representation on the music scene, we no get the new current musicians like tekno, p square, and of course phyno. So, we dey manage odumodu.

seyi vibez, no level. That one na musician entourage. No be musician. Even Jago worst song sweet pass seyi vibez best song.

When skills and serious musicians, whole package musicians, people wey dey really do music, are involved, odumodu or semi vibez, neva make that list yet. Those ones just want fame, and know how to force themselves on to the camera. Them get social media abi na influcer skills, more than musical skills.

Odumodu and seyi vibes shouldn't be encouraged with their unskilled music, until they get serious. Encouraging rubbish music is why reggae and rap music lost their influence worldwide. Naija music is a feel good and happy music. It replaced rnb, rap, and reggae music, combined. If you loose it due to mediocrity, it might not come back around anytime soon. If you snooze you loose, in this music scene.

zino is a skilled musician. Na small thing wey ruger use better pass zino. But they are good musicians. Of course, Burna, Omah lay, rema, etc, are skilled musicians. But we shouldn't accept mediocrity from them either.

2 Likes

Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by cardoctor(m): 6:10am On Dec 30, 2023
We are moving up. Thanks be to God for Obama sef to recognize us. Naija dey try.
Re: Tems, Burna Boy, Asake, Davido And Olamide On Obama's Favourite Songs Of 2022 by XAUBulls: 6:18am On Dec 30, 2023
Contentplug:
Around 3:00 pm on Friday, December 29th, 2023, former US President Barack Obama dropped his 2023 playlist titled: “Barack Obama's Favorite Music of 2023.”

The playlist which contains 28 songs, spanning across continents and genres shows the politician's high taste for music beyond borders and biases. This isn't a new thing as the President has a culture of appreciating arts all over the globe, from music to movies and books.

In what Africans do not particularly find surprising due to the recent success of Afrobeats, a couple of Afrobeats top hits made the playlist. However, there seem to be a little surprise in the former POTUS choice Afrobeat songs.

Every African with even a below average knowledge of African music will admit that Afrobeats is incomplete without the exploits of Nigerian stars.

With his Grammy-nominated hit song “Unavailable”; off the Timeless album, featuring South African star, Musa Keys, Davido makes the list.

Also on the list is Burna Boy with his didactic hit “Sitting on top of the World” which featured American rapper 21 Savage. Asake of YBNL made it to the list too with “Amapiano“; an Amapiano-themed song featuring his boss, Olamide.

The last Nigerian artist to grace the playlist is the Grammy-winning vocalist, Tems. She got into the playlist with her recent hit song “Me & U.”

Although many Nigerians accept this as a testament to the massive growth in the Nigerian music industry, others wonder why their favorite artists didn't make the list.

In the spirit of celebrating Afrobeats, it'd suffice to add that South African biggest female rising star, Tyla, made it to the list too with her Grammy-nominated track “Water.”

What do you think about this playlist?
That's a very eclectic music playlist by Barack Obama... Very interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest Jam: Korede Bello – 'GODWIN' (prod. Don Jazzy) / Your Current Mobile Phone Ringtone? / Throwback: Majek Fashek’s 1992 US Tour (videos, Articles And Memories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.