Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App (952 Views)

Graphene Manufacturing Group; New Ponzi Scheme That's Paying. / Beware Of Nigeria Order Works - New Ponzi Scheme / Crowd Besiege Makurdi Stadium For Ponzi Scheme Reward, Left Disappointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by samonak(m): 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
There's a new Ponzi scheme carried out on Telegram app by some fraudulent characters and has been used to fleece many Nigerians of their hard earned money. The scheme is very ingenious and done anonymously. These fraudsters masquerade as online affiliate marketers looking for people to carry out online tasks and remote jobs for a fee. The tasks involve giving 5- star reviews of mostly posh and classy eateries and restaurants on google maps. ( You'll be paid #1k for each review. That's the first bait) and purchasing mining robots on : https://a3.oraclesminings.com.
In addition to this reviews, You're required to perform commercial orders which involves "investing" your personal funds and in turn you'll be given cash back. Which includes your capital and 30% profit. A summary of these ponzi scheme starts with you being contacted on WhatsApp and being propositioned with the offer of whether you're interested in remote online jobs where you'll be paid a commission for each task done online. If you answer in the affirmative, you'll be assigned a "receptionist" who'll now assign you tasks and pay the commissions into your account. The receptionist also provides recharge accounts where you pay your money into. While carrying out the commercial orders, the receptionist assigns you to a "teacher" who will now instruct you on how to purchase the trading robots on the oracle mining site. Here you will order mining robots equivalent to the amount you want to invest, eg 50k to get a cash back of 65k. Or 100k to get 130k etc. Most times you're are required to make 1 or 2 orders on a work group created on Telegram by the teacher. Other participants ( 5-6 people) are added to perform the tasks which involves paying for robots. This is where the major fraud is perpetrated. For instance, a victim opted for 50k package ( which he paid) and expected to get 65k, instead he was asked to pay 350k since his group was expected to carry out 2 commercial orders. He struggled to pay expecting to make a profit of over 500k. Unfortunately, after shelling out 400k, he was now told that it was 3 commercial orders and not 2, and now he was expected to bring 860k(which was beyond his capacity) in order to get back all his profit. That was how he lost 400k! Many Nigerians have fallen victim to the antics of this fraudsters. Be careful if you come across this scheme on Telegram. Its a big FRAUD.

1 Like

Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by NoSmoking: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
Take their money and run

I took their 17k and ran

1 Like

Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by Elbona: 3:38am On Dec 30, 2023
I lost 700k through this ponzi scheme. They will make it look real. I was asked to like their videos on u-tube in order to get paid which I did next was to invest to earn higher pay. Merchant is the name of the ponzi scheme. Be careful out there.
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by samonak(m): 5:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Elbona:
I lost 700k through this ponzi scheme. They will make it look real. I was asked to like their videos on u-tube in order to get paid which I did next was to invest to earn higher pay. Merchant is the name of the ponzi scheme. Be careful out there.
A relative of mine lost 400k
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by joey150(m): 5:13am On Dec 30, 2023
Elbona:

Easiest way to con Nigerians these days is to tell them to "invest" in something.

Once they hear invest and abnormally high returns they are quick to fall.
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by Kobicove(m): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
Only greedy people fall for these kinds of scams undecided
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by EbubeMiraclee: 5:34am On Dec 31, 2023
Elbona:
Good morning please can you send me a message on 08133679757
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by drerocker: 6:50am On Dec 31, 2023
I lost 2.2m
I almost go mad
On abr ND plu
As I am talking to u na Garri I eat for Christmas.
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by EbubeMiraclee: 7:09am On Dec 31, 2023
drerocker:
I lost 2.2m
I almost go mad
On abr ND plu
please message me on wassap
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by drerocker: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2023
EbubeMiraclee:
please message me on wassap
My wasapp I can't find u
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by EbubeMiraclee: 7:32am On Dec 31, 2023
drerocker:

My wasapp I can't find u
I will message you asap
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by EbubeMiraclee: 7:33am On Dec 31, 2023
drerocker:

My wasapp I can't find u
I can’t find you on wassap. I even called you now
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by Gmajor(m): 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
I made 12k from this same kind of stuff.

A number messaged me out of blues on WhatsApp asking me if I was interested in an online job, to which I replied in the affirmative.

The person referred me to a "receptionist" on telegram who told me how the job worked and then added me to a group with over 10k people in it.

The job involves basically dropping reviews of businesses on Google.

The first task I did was for 2k. And the money was transferred in less than 30 mins. The subsequent tasks were 1k per review.

The next day I decided to make the most of the opportunity.
After making the next 5k, the receptionist said that I will need to invest in one of the tasks in order to ensure continued access the paid tasks.

The investment ranged from 20k to 1mil.

I told her no P. I'll invest. That same day, I made another 5k and bid them farewell.

I knew that the whole scenerio was too good to true so I didn't invest a dime.

These scammers are getting smart.
They are now entering into scamming with enough investment.
They're willing to gift you easy money so that you'd let your guard down and the instant you try to invest with them, they'll show you their true color.
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by Gmajor(m): 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
drerocker:
I lost 2.2m
I almost go mad
On abr ND plu
😭😭
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by Gmajor(m): 9:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Telegram should disable the ability to lock group thereby preventing members from chatting.
If you could speak with other users of the group at anytime, it would be obvious that the whole nonsense was a scam.

But telegram will never agree to this. They know that they have a scam problem but are very much unwilling to do anything about it.
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by EbubeMiraclee: 11:58am On Jan 01
Gmajor:
I made 12k from this same kind of stuff.

A number messaged me out of blues on WhatsApp asking me if I was interested in an online job, to which I replied in the affirmative.

The person referred me to a "receptionist" on telegram who told me how the job worked and then added me to a group with over 10k people in it.

The job involves basically dropping reviews of businesses on Google.

The first task I did was for 2k. And the money was transferred in less than 30 mins. The subsequent tasks were 1k per review.

The next day I decided to make the most of the opportunity.
After making the next 5k, the receptionist said that I will need to invest in one of the tasks in order to ensure continued access the paid tasks.

The investment ranged from 20k to 1mil.

I told her no P. I'll invest. That same day, I made another 5k and bid them farewell.

I knew that the whole scenerio was too good to true so I didn't invest a dime.

These scammers are getting smart.
They are now entering into scamming with enough investment.
They're willing to gift you easy money so that you'd let your guard down and the instant you try to invest with them, they'll show you their true color.
no way to recover the money back
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by okomi562: 6:39pm On Jan 02
samonak:
There's a new Ponzi scheme carried out on Telegram app by some fraudulent characters and has been used to fleece many Nigerians of their hard earned money. The scheme is very ingenious and done anonymously. These fraudsters masquerade as online affiliate marketers looking for people to carry out online tasks and remote jobs for a fee. The tasks involve giving 5- star reviews of mostly posh and classy eateries and restaurants on google maps. ( You'll be paid #1k for each review. That's the first bait) and purchasing mining robots on : https://a3.oraclesminings.com.
In addition to this reviews, You're required to perform commercial orders which involves "investing" your personal funds and in turn you'll be given cash back. Which includes your capital and 30% profit. A summary of these ponzi scheme starts with you being contacted on WhatsApp and being propositioned with the offer of whether you're interested in remote online jobs where you'll be paid a commission for each task done online. If you answer in the affirmative, you'll be assigned a "receptionist" who'll now assign you tasks and pay the commissions into your account. The receptionist also provides recharge accounts where you pay your money into. While carrying out the commercial orders, the receptionist assigns you to a "teacher" who will now instruct you on how to purchase the trading robots on the oracle mining site. Here you will order mining robots equivalent to the amount you want to invest, eg 50k to get a cash back of 65k. Or 100k to get 130k etc. Most times you're are required to make 1 or 2 orders on a work group created on Telegram by the teacher. Other participants ( 5-6 people) are added to perform the tasks which involves paying for robots. This is where the major fraud is perpetrated. For instance, a victim opted for 50k package ( which he paid) and expected to get 65k, instead he was asked to pay 350k since his group was expected to carry out 2 commercial orders. He struggled to pay expecting to make a profit of over 500k. Unfortunately, after shelling out 400k, he was now told that it was 3 commercial orders and not 2, and now he was expected to bring 860k(which was beyond his capacity) in order to get back all his profit. That was how he lost 400k! Many Nigerians have fallen victim to the antics of this fraudsters. Be careful if you come across this scheme on Telegram. Its a big FRAUD.

Hi van I get the number of this people.

I intend to get money from them.

One scammed me last year.

I want to play along, collecting their money
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by samonak(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02
okomi562:

Hi van I get the number of this people.

I intend to get money from them.

One scammed me last year.

I want to play along, collecting their money
How you want take do am? Except they invite you, you can't join them
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by samonak(m): 8:11pm On Jan 02
EbubeMiraclee:
no way to recover the money back
Kai you know them very well.
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by samonak(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02
Gmajor:
Telegram should disable the ability to lock group thereby preventing members from chatting.
If you could speak with other users of the group at anytime, it would be obvious that the whole nonsense was a scam.

But telegram will never agree to this. They know that they have a scam problem but are very much unwilling to do anything about it.
Those guys are on premium subscription pkg on Telegram, so you can only report the channel but not the individuals involved. Even now they're still operating, they resume 8:30am and close by 6pm, every day they operate like clock work using the Telegram channel " CAN TASK"

1 Like

Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by EbubeMiraclee: 10:18am On Jan 03
samonak:

Kai you know them very well.
they scammed a lot of people using Moniepoint. Police won’t do anything
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by vintageviniba: 2:43pm On Jan 03
Elbona:
so you have 700k this period. U come use am gamble. Chai
Re: New Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated Through Telegram App by Naijatrend(m): 3:41am On Jan 16
I was defrauded too. Lost close to 2million of borrowed money, I even sell my car join! This guy's erh! I was about to withdraw after completing their task when they said I needed professional points because I paid the money late

(1) (Reply)

From Doctor To Stockbroker, Any Advice? / How Can I Buy Into A Company Before It Is Listed On The Nse Market? / How Can I Invest #10,000 In The Stock Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.