Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ (19570 Views)

Mary Beth Leonard Visits Tinubu In Abuja / Akeredolu, Lucky Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu In Lagos / Governor Ganduje Visits Tinubu In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by chisomkachy: 8:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Lucky Aiyedatiwa, the new governor of Ondo, says President Bola Tinubu has advised him to take charge and galvanise everyone for the growth of the state.

Aiyedatiwa spoke with journalists on Thursday after meeting with Tinubu in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Aiyedatiwa was sworn in as governor of Ondo on Wednesday following the death of Rotimi Akeredolu, the former governor of the state.

Akeredolu died of prostate cancer complications.

Speaking after the meeting, Aiyedatiwa said he used the occasion to update the president on recent developments in the state.

The governor said he also appreciated the president for being a “father figure” during a crucial moment for the state.

“I’m here to see Mr. President, to further brief him on the events that happened in our state — the loss of our governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu,” Aiyedatiwa said.

“I also let him know that I have just been sworn in because there can never be a vacuum.”

Aiyedatiwa added that the president advised him to “pull everybody together to work” for the state.

“It was a paradox, a mixed feeling, he commiserated with me, even though he put a call through yesterday to condole with us in Ondo State, through me, he still did the same today, and also wished me well that there can never be a vacuum, one era ends, another one begins,” he said.

“So, it’s basically an advice and to also encourage me to take charge and mobilise everybody and to pull everybody together to work together and see how we can move the state forward.”

https://www.thecable.ng/aiyedatiwa-visits-tinubu-says-president-asked-him-to-pull-everyone-together/amp

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Kingosytex(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2023
Congratulations Mr. Lucky!
Govern your people well.

One man's loss is another man's gain. If someone doesn't go down, another won't rise.
My condolences are with the Akeredolus.

20 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Totilopussylick(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2023
cool
Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by SharingIsLife(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2023
Indeed, you need to pull and pool everyone together.

2 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by HarryGleb: 8:31am On Dec 30, 2023
He should better join labour party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by AqualinaXYZ: 8:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Pull everybody together as in we be firewood

Person wey go pull him bank account today

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by yinkus6750(m): 8:32am On Dec 30, 2023
So he needed the President to tell him what to do?
He ought to be the greatest Unifier of he wants to stay long on the seat.
Don't know why he allowed Aketis appointees to be resigning

It's a joint ticket and continuity ought to have come to play.
Even if he wants to dissolve the cabinet, shouldn't be immediate.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by accordadoga21(f): 10:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Hehehe

Ashiwaju, the father of the nation.

Baba daradara

Only a pig does not love this man.

19 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by STEWpid(f): 10:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Chai..

E just baje for one person for another to climb.

E be like say Aiyedatiwa go really make noise!!

1 Like

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Tjra: 10:06am On Dec 30, 2023
HarryGleb:
He should better join labour party
So he can also become a loser?

17 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by lexy2014: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2023
if Tinubu does not you to pull everyone together, you know ono say u supposed pull everyone together. these people always sound as if they are clueless

1 Like

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by AntiWailer: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2023
“I also let him know that I have just been sworn in because there can never be a vacuum.”

Such an immature eediot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by YoutubeChannel4: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2023
congrats sir
Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by illicit(m): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2023
Lucky u

🦩
Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by mukthar2000(m): 10:11am On Dec 30, 2023
Congrats Governor, ur name LUCKY really work for u.
Move on
Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by isaaclech: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2023
Pull everyone together to do what? Messed up economy

1 Like

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Irupetepete: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2023
Has tinubu pull everybody in the country together?
Radarada oshi
They should just tell us the truth about the killings happening in Nigeria as a whole...
Cos I still don't know why the military cannot be moved to those areas dominated by herdsmen and terrorist.
How can terrorist be conveniently occupying communities even collecting tax without the government doing anything about it?
I mean how hard it is to take a very drastic and hard decision against these people...
A unifier adviser that can't unify the country, is that one a unifier or a mumu man?

3 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by orohbirodeysmel: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2023
grin grin

Tinubu is doing everything he can to make sure there is peace first in the land. And thats commendable...

From Rivers to Kano and now Ondo State...with peace, progress and prosperity go be achieved easily...

Onward we movee...carry on man along

7 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by richiemcgold: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2023
New gomina
New era
There can never be a vacuum, one era ends, another one begins.
I'll also advise him to learn from the mistake of his late boss. Infrastructures should not be concentrated in one place. Don't neglect Akure, don't neglect people of riverine areas. One year is enough to prove that you're a man of everybody.
Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by SlavaUkraini: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2023
Lucky Lucky...

Don't loot your state treasury the same way Thiefnubù looted the coffers of Lagos state...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Goodwesa: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2023
Trying to tag everyone as Igbo in other to massage your ego

2 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Judolisco(m): 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
Saying aku orire during your inaugural address was very bad of you... They fought you no doubt but celebrating your principal death is a no no.... Inauguration dat should have been done in your office with little or no noise sef

7 Likes

Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Calitoscassius(m): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Pull everybody together as in we be firewood

Person wey go pull him bank account today
Exactky, one corrupt thief dies another takes over and the thieving continues. grin
Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Thinktwicemybro: 10:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Kingosytex:
Congratulations Mr. Lucky!
Govern your people well.

One man's loss is another man's gain. If someone doesn't go down, another won't rise.
My condolences are with the Akeredolus.
You Africans don't know the meaning of congratulations.
Re: Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Says President Asked Him To ‘pull Everyone Together’ by Judolisco(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2023
yinkus6750:
So he needed the President to tell him what to do?
He ought to be the greatest Unifier of he wants to stay long on the seat.
Don't know why he allowed Aketis appointees to be resigning

It's a joint ticket and continuity ought to have come to play.
Even if he wants to dissolve the cabinet, shouldn't be immediate.
d appointee resigning we're d ones dat wanted to impeach him.. They wanted him to sign an undated letter of his resignation before they handed over power to him

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed / We Have No Hand In Ekweremadu’s Invitation By Police – APC / Okorocha And Aisha Buhari At Get Involved In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.