Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

"Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed (19553 Views)

Matawalle to NEF: Tinubu Won 2023 Elections Convincingly, You Don't Speak For Us / Pantami Hosted Femi Fani-Kayode & Governor Matawalle To A Dinner Last Night / Governor Bello Matawalle To Join APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by fergie001: 1:13pm On Apr 15
MONDAY 15TH, APRIL 2024

PRESS STATEMENT

PRESIDENT TINUBU'S APPOINTEES FROM THE NORTH MUST TAKE A STAND - MATAWALLE

Consequent to my position on the recent attack on the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR by a spokesman of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), it has come to my attention that Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed who once served as the Spokesperson of the group and currently a Special Adviser on Political Matters in the Presidency took to his page on it to express a different position.

According to Dr. Baba-Ahmed ,my stand against the unjust and spurious attack against the new administration of President Tinubu that is working very hard to reposition our country and economy for better as 'ill-advised'. He suggested I could have done a better job in my defence of the administration where I have the rare honour to serve as a Minister.

Dr. Baba-Ahmed's relationship and affinity with Northern Elders' Forum(NEF) is well-known. The fact now is that he is an appointee of the administration as Special Adviser and it is incumbent on him to work for the success of the government he is part of, protect and defend the government against unjust and vicious attacks from those who hide under ethnic and other primordial interests to heat up the polity for myopic reasons.

It is pertinent to state that every appointee of President Tinubu including Dr. Baba-Ahmed owe the government a copious duty to promote, elucidate and advance the good works and commendable efforts of the government across all sectors.

As appointees of the government from the North, we must all take a stand, be unequivocal and be counted in the roll of honours for our support and work for the success of the administration we are serving. This is not the time to keep quiet in the face of intimidation and misrepresentation of the efforts and achievements of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR. We must stand up to be counted for being on the part of government or take our exit.

H.E Bello Mohammed Matawalle MON
Minister of State for Defence

TIMELINE:
The Northern Elders Forum had earlier issued a statement of regret in voting President Bola Tinubu in the 2023 General Elections.

Minister of Defence (State) replies; calls members of the Forum, paperweight politicians and stressed they do not speak for the North

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, a former Spokesperson to the NEF and currently, a Special Adviser on Political Matters to Vice President, Kassim Shettima.
Scathing criticism of NEF by junior minister of defence, Matawalle, is ill- advised. He could have done a better job for this admin if he identified contributions of especially northern ministers and other appointees like me to improving security and reducing poverty in the North

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by AqualinaXYZ: 1:14pm On Apr 15

Certificate forger should speak up for himself

116 Likes 19 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by FreeStuffsNG: 1:17pm On Apr 15
This is very impressive of HE Matawale. Nigerians of nothern extraction currently serving in the federal cabinet of FG must defend the services they rendered to the nation. I expect someone like Mallam Ribadu to speak up too because he has been doing a great job as the NSA.

It's a worthy challenge and it's only if you have nothing to show as proof of your service to the nation that you will keep silent when you are being challenged by NEF who belong to your constituency. It is not today that NEF attacks APC- led FG, they work for HE Atiku and constantly attacking PMB then too.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by PheelzAlmighty: 1:17pm On Apr 15
Dumbness at its finest

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by LordofNaija: 1:18pm On Apr 15
grin

1 Like

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 15
Speak up policy.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Fiscus105(m): 1:19pm On Apr 15
Baba Ahmed, the die-hard,cum garulous Northern forum spokesman, which has since been muted, because of small appointment in the office of VP.

If downtrodden could know, the ulterior motives of those claiming to be fighting for them.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Mitsurugi(m): 1:19pm On Apr 15
Na by force? angry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Oghene86: 1:19pm On Apr 15
fergie001:

TIMELINE:
The Northern Elders Forum had earlier issued a statement of regret in voting President Bola Tinubu in the 2023 General Elections.

Minister of Defence (State) replies; calls members of the Forum, paperweight politicians and stressed they do not speak for the North

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, a former Spokesperson to the NEF and currently, a Special Adviser on Political Matters to Vice President, Kassim Shettima.

Na by force to speak, what is there to speak about?

16 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by CodeTemplar: 1:19pm On Apr 15
Zombie republic, at least we know the actual voters are zombies and controlled by these elders.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:20pm On Apr 15
Matawalle that was rejected by his people for poor performance is talking,because he was rewarded as minister even with his poor performance as Gov

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by oluwaseyi0: 1:20pm On Apr 15
North only shouts when a Northerner is not the president

They used the gimmick under Jonathan and kept mute throughout the destructive season of Buhari, now Tinubu is president they've found their voice, if Atiku has won they will have kept mum as usual and if Peter Obi a non-muslim has won their cry will have been way louder than it is now

Unfortunately, the divided south is a perfect enabling environment for a selective tantrum

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by wizelink(m): 1:21pm On Apr 15
Gradually mr matawale don dey sale him market in order to be the anointed candidate of PBAT and APC when it's northern turn.

3 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Dbestbrest: 1:22pm On Apr 15
That is the right thing to do but because of ethnicism and bigotry, they will not. Buhari destroyed the economy which they all knew and never spoke a word against it. We must stop patching up this country and let us go back to confederation. 1963 Constitution had been the best for this nation. I am very sure that after the repositioning of the economy and 8 years of southern president, another northerner will come there to draw us back again.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Cantonese: 1:22pm On Apr 15
So na by force now!

A - Always

P - Pressing

C - Citizens

No peace of mind. With all the stress, misery and hardship inflicted on people, you ask them to support you. You beat pikin, you still dey slap am to shut up.

7 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by forgiveness: 1:23pm On Apr 15
I have been wondering the sudden silence from the APC Northern appointees in this administration.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Kukutenla: 1:23pm On Apr 15
This guy needs to face his job as a minister instead of asslicking

I don't think the portfolio of minister for defence also includes being a political hatchetman or spokesman. He should show the north the strides the administration has made in battling the myriads of insecurity bedeviling the north.

I think his brinkmanship is a facade to mask his incompetence and redundancy. If he's doing his job well, I doubt if he'll have the time to engage in war is words with some groups.

15 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by bentenny(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15
cheesy
In other words,Matawalle wants Baba-Ahmed to start eating more roasted corn so that he can covert to a glorified zombie for BATπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

11 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Watinani(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15
He knew something is going wrong, that's why he is steptical to say so.

North have never been backstabbed like this before in the history of 9ja, time will come and we'll definitely show you shege

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by jonnieoneng: 1:29pm On Apr 15
AqualinaXYZ:

Certificate forger should speak up for himself

If dem arrest you now because of this Statement, una go dey cry foul?

5 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by LOOBE: 1:30pm On Apr 15
Why do like deceiving ourselves most especially the youths of this country, everybody is feeling the burning heat of this government. In fact right now my wife's business has collapsed, after paying electricity bills from my monthly salary, the remnant is not even up to half of the salary. How do I survive with these Mr. Tinubu unfriendly policies?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by jonnieoneng: 1:31pm On Apr 15
Mitsurugi:
Na by force? angry

Yes, Naa by Force o!

2 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by peterboro: 1:34pm On Apr 15
I no dey put mouth for this kind matter.

THE NORTH and THE SOUTH WEST HAVE BEEN RULLING NIGERIA BOTH AS HEAD OF STATES, PRESIDENTS and VICE PRESIDENTS FOR OVER 54Years now.

Yet see how the country dey!

We are still struggling with administration till now.

So when are we going to start talking about developing?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by UAObi: 1:35pm On Apr 15
Speak up to make up
"You can't fool all the people all the time"

2 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by miketayo(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15
Osunmoolowo:
Ok

You are advertising fraud on a public forum.
Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by Smartguyboy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15
fergie001:

TIMELINE:

Speaking up for Mr President make them look stupid and illiterate.

1 Like

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by athaboi(f): 1:38pm On Apr 15
FreeStuffsNG:
This is very impressive of HE Matawale. Nigerians of nothern extraction currently serving in the federal cabinet of FG must defend the services they rendered to the nation. I expect someone like Mallam Ribadu to speak up too because he has been doing a great job as the NSA.

It's a worthy challenge and it's only if you have nothing to show as proof of your service to the nation that you will keep silent when you are being challenged by NEF who belong to your constituency. It is not today that NEF attacks APC- led FG, they work for HE Atiku and constantly attacking PMB then too.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Lol πŸ˜‚
Yoruba Muslims are scampering for support...una go explain tire

5 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by rantingpigs: 1:39pm On Apr 15
So its now obvious that the North is abandoning Tinubu?

AGBADO supporters...

una go cry blood.

7 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by honestivo(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15
Are they information minister ,or media aid

3 Likes

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by phemmie06(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15
Government of praise singers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed by emkz: 1:41pm On Apr 15
Valid.

When northern senators lied that Tinubu's budget was anti-north, not a single northern appointee defended Tinubu against the lie, including Matawalle.

When northern senators like Ali Ndume complained about some CBN departments moved to Lagos because his daughter and son inlaw were employed in CBN, no northern appointee defended the much needed move.

Even Datti-Ahmed who talked almost everyday has suddenly gone mute after his appointment as SA to the VP. We are only hearing his voice now to defend the north.

Double-faced appointees!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Condition Before We(niger Deltans) Support Biafra / Photos From The State Banquet Hosted By Wike / Zanzibar Election: Jonathan To Lead Commonwealth Observer Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.